[0.18.13] Blueprint menu completely empty (macOS 10.15.3)

Bugs that are actually features.
macintacos
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.18.13] Blueprint menu completely empty (macOS 10.15.3)

Post by macintacos »

At first I thought this was an issue with a mod or with my particular world, so I unchecked all mods and started a fresh new map. Still, the blueprint menu is empty; no options to create new blueprints/deconstruction plans/etc.

This is on macOS 10.15.3; not sure what to do about this. I have blueprints in my current save that seem to work fine if they're in my inventory already, but the "B" menu is just completely blank.

I'm pretty new to this game, so apologies if I'm just missing something or if I'm filing this bug incorrectly. This seemed like the best place to do it.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-03-18 at 12.51.24 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-18 at 12.51.24 AM.png (6.69 MiB) Viewed 5166 times

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.18.13] Blueprint menu completely empty (macOS 10.15.3)

Post by brunzenstein »

Upgrade your Mac to the most recent OS version 10.15.3 and Download Factorio anew- it works for me

macintacos
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by macintacos »

I'm on 10.15.3. How do I offload my save so that I don't have to start over?

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

macintacos wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:36 am
I'm on 10.15.3. How do I offload my save so that I don't have to start over?
Go to library>Application support
and find Factorio and copy the save folder - after downloading Factorio copy the folder over

macintacos
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by macintacos »

Thanks! I'll give it a shot and let you know if it works.

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

macintacos wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:07 am
Thanks! I'll give it a shot and let you know if it works.
How to Access User Library in MacOS Mojave, macOS Catalina, and MacOS Sierra:

From the Finder of Mac OS, pull down the “Go” menu and hold down the SHIFT key.
Choose “Library” from the drop down list.

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

Buttons for create blueprint, blueprint book and others were removed in 0.18.13 and this is intended as they were duplicating function of shortcuts from shortcut bar. They are not going back. You should still be able to move blueprints to your library and from your library (right area)

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

boskid wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:28 am
Buttons for create blueprint, blueprint book and others were removed in 0.18.13 and this is intended as they were duplicating function of shortcuts from shortcut bar. They are not going back. You should still be able to move blueprints to your library and from your library (right area)
indeed you find and access the BP library icon on top right box, left button as shown in the pict by my cursor - alternatively you can create anytime a new BP from from the quick bar (blue button)

macintacos
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by macintacos »

Okay then that wasn't immediately intuitive to me as far as a removal of functionality goes. One day it was there and the next it wasn't, with (seemingly?) no explanation. It appears that, with the save I have, that button isn't even available until I get further along with research (creating blueprints, I mean) so I'm not exactly sure how I was supposed to figure that out.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-03-18 at 9.42.55 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-18 at 9.42.55 PM.png (147.04 KiB) Viewed 5058 times

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Did you have any blueprints in your BP library before the update?
Did you lose your blueprints, or was it just empty before apart from the 'create blueprint' buttons?

Wild94
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Wild94 »

I believe I have the same problem.

I had some blueprints, both modded and vanilla, both imported and created by myself. Now, when I press B, the menu is completely empty, both in a modded save, in a vanilla new game or in a "won" game (the rocket was launched and I had already researched the logistics robots).
I can however see that the "blueprint-storage.dat" file was not modified since before the update.

I use Factorio from Steam on Windows 10 v1909 and I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game without success, the problem is still here.

Wild94
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Wild94 »

@macintacos, I think I have found the solution thanks to this thread [0.18.15] My blueprints store is empty in game. The issue seems to be related to the cloud sync of the blueprint library.

I was able to fully restore my blueprints by doing the following:
  • Launch Factorio and go to Settings -> Other;
  • Look for "Enable blueprint library Cloud Sync", you should see that it is on;
  • Uncheck this option;
  • Close Factorio (if you use the Steam version, give Steam a few seconds to properly finish its various sync);
  • Relauch Factorio, your blueprint library (accessible with B) should be back;
  • (you can re-enable cloud sync if you want, it seems to work fine after that).
I hope this helps you.

Tealc.
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Tealc. »

boskid wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:28 am
I don't think this is a good change. As evident by already this "bug report", it's not very user intuitive.

I understand the desire for a "clean" interface and not doubling up on items but this change makes it seem very dis-jointed having commands for the Blueprint library in a completely different location instead of right there in the Blueprint window where you are working on them.

Sometimes the Blueprint window completely covers/hides the tool bar anyway making it hard to even get to the shortcut.

Whats more in an already limited space that is the tool bar I want to have far more important shortcuts there instead of having to add missing ones from another part of the interface where they would make more sense to be located.

Thankfully there are key binds for each function so I can make my own shortcuts but its still a pain for something that should be "right there" in the window that I am working in.

Return to “Not a bug”