[0.18.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.18.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by bobingabout »

Bauer wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:57 am
bobingabout wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:36 pm
jnzsblzs wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:41 pm
If you think it's possible it might be a worthwhile idea to create a corrosion mechanic of some sort. Like if you put the wrong fluid into the wrong pipe it erodes that pipe and which eventually self-destructs. Not sure if it's workable but it's the main reason why people use different kind of piping in different places. (there are others but none of them is all that relevant to the game)
But I'm just spitballing.
it's possible, but using one of those monitoring scripts that I dislike.

In other words, you have to record every time someone builds a pipe (because you can't just do a scan for all pipes... well, you can, but it locks up the game) and periodically, check all the pipes on the list, and apply damage if a certain type has a wrong fluid in it (EG, Ferric Chloride would dissolve Iron and Copper, and probably other metals, meaning you need to use Plastic, Stone or Ceramic)
Would it be easier to disallow certain fluid-pipe combinations? Or immediately destroy the pipe when a "wrong" fluid enters it?
I did a seablock pack run and ended up using only stone pipes until it found the extended length or Cu-W undergrounds usefull for certain niche applications.
Reasons: a) I don't want a million different pipes in my inventory. b) Sea block needs pilles of pipes, and stone pipes are easy to get (and automate) from the start.
fluid filtering only exists to limit to a specific fluid, there's no fluid category/group system, so you can't filter by that.

so again, would be a scripting solution. those aren't easy, I don't think there's a way to check if an action would result in specific fluids becoming part of a block, to dis-allow certain actions, so either way, you'd end up with the big pipe monitoring script, just delete instead of causing damage.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

footumch
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by footumch »

Hey,

I've been playing a Sea block run for a while now and have just gotten up to making Lithium batteries, but I appear to be stuck. I can make 'Lithia Salt (Lithium Chloride)' from brown algae (Which is how a few other people I looked up on youtube made 'Lithium Chloride') , but not 'Lithium Chloride' (And nothing accepts 'Lithia salt (Lithium Chloride)').

Helmod and FNEI tell me that there's no recipe that uses 'Lithia Salt (Lithium Chloride)' and also tell me there's no way to make 'Lithium Chloride', so I'm wondering if my save game is now borked after the upgrade process from 0.17 -> 0.18 or am I missing something simple to convert 'Lithia Salt (Lithium Chloride)' over to 'Lithium Chloride'

Just wanted to confirm I'm not being an idiot before abandoning the 100hr + game.

Cheers

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

footumch wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:06 am
Hey,

I've been playing a Sea block run for a while now and have just gotten up to making Lithium batteries, but I appear to be stuck. I can make 'Lithia Salt (Lithium Chloride)' from brown algae (Which is how a few other people I looked up on youtube made 'Lithium Chloride') , but not 'Lithium Chloride' (And nothing accepts 'Lithia salt (Lithium Chloride)').

Helmod and FNEI tell me that there's no recipe that uses 'Lithia Salt (Lithium Chloride)' and also tell me there's no way to make 'Lithium Chloride', so I'm wondering if my save game is now borked after the upgrade process from 0.17 -> 0.18 or am I missing something simple to convert 'Lithia Salt (Lithium Chloride)' over to 'Lithium Chloride'

Just wanted to confirm I'm not being an idiot before abandoning the 100hr + game.

Cheers
Personally, I'm not all that familier with all the changes other mods make to my production chains, I know Angel re-writes a lot, and Seablock rewrites more. (I mean, what is this brown algae? you're supposed to get Lithia salt (Lithium Chloride in my mod) from boiling Lithia water, that you mine from a water patch on the ground, in the same way you get oil. But then if the entire map starts as water, there's nothing to mine, so I understand this)
So, the only answers I can give is if you were using my own mods... You put Lithia salts (lithium chloride) with pure water in an Electrolyser, and you get Lithium Perchlorate (and hydrogen) as a result. the recipe is actually called Lithium Chloride Electrolysis. Lithium chloride also goes in an Electrolyser to get Lithium plate. (Both are required to get the parts to make the battery)
These two recipes are unlocked with Lithium Processing technology.
I also have a Patreon.

footumch
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by footumch »

bobingabout wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:59 am
footumch wrote:
Hey,

Cheers
Personally, I'm not all that familier with all the changes other mods make to my production chains, I know Angel re-writes a lot, and Seablock rewrites more. (I mean, what is this brown algae? you're supposed to get Lithia salt (Lithium Chloride in my mod) from boiling Lithia water, that you mine from a water patch on the ground, in the same way you get oil. But then if the entire map starts as water, there's nothing to mine, so I understand this)
So, the only answers I can give is if you were using my own mods... You put Lithia salts (lithium chloride) with pure water in an Electrolyser, and you get Lithium Perchlorate (and hydrogen) as a result. the recipe is actually called Lithium Chloride Electrolysis. Lithium chloride also goes in an Electrolyser to get Lithium plate. (Both are required to get the parts to make the battery)
Thanks, That's cleared up the reason for the issue and given me other directions to follow to try and fix it.

Understanding where the different mods exactly join together is sometimes hard to see.

Otherwise loving your mod. Thanks for putting in all the work on it..

Cheers

Chapeau-Claque
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Chapeau-Claque »

Radars - Bob's Warfare provides radars of different levels. Where can I find data about what attributes improves with a higher level?
Perhaps something for a tool tip?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Chapeau-Claque wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:46 pm
Radars - Bob's Warfare provides radars of different levels. Where can I find data about what attributes improves with a higher level?
Perhaps something for a tool tip?
I looked into it... there's really no way to do anything other than a short description on the tooltip... so here's the stats.

Radar 1:
max_distance_of_sector_revealed = 14, (the long range scan it does slowly over time)
max_distance_of_nearby_sector_revealed = 3, (the short range scan constantly lit up)
Radar 2:
max_distance_of_sector_revealed = 17,
max_distance_of_nearby_sector_revealed = 5,
Radar 3:
max_distance_of_sector_revealed = 20,
max_distance_of_nearby_sector_revealed = 7,
Radar 4:
max_distance_of_sector_revealed = 23,
max_distance_of_nearby_sector_revealed = 9,
Radar 5:
max_distance_of_sector_revealed = 26,
max_distance_of_nearby_sector_revealed = 11,
I also have a Patreon.

Chapeau-Claque
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Chapeau-Claque »

Excelent, Thanks!

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evandy »

bobingabout wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:59 am
footumch wrote:
Hey,

Cheers
This is a bug in Angel, but it's only a show stopper if you run Seablock (or something else that disables Bob's pumps to get Lithia water). I have submitted a PR to fix it over at Angel's GitHub page. https://github.com/Arch666Angel/mods/pull/76

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

This update is going to look bigger than it actually is.

Assembly 0.18.1:
Renamed Oil powered Steel furnaces to Fluid burning.
Added Steel processing and Logistic science pack as prerequisite to Automation 2
Added Chemical science pack prerequisite to Automation 4, oil refinery 2 and chemical plant 2 research
Added Production science pack prerequisite to Automation 6
Added science pack prerequisites to all distillery researchs.
Updated chemical plant technology icon.
Updated chemical plant graphics, mask graphics by kirazy

Classes 0.18.1:
Changed capitilisation of the mod name.
Added automation-3 and advanced-material-processing-2 prerequisites to bodies

Electronics 0.18.1:
Added production-science-pack prerequisite to Advanced Electronics 3
Added ceramics prerequisite to Advanced Electronics 3 if needed
Added electronics prerequisite to gates technology.

Enemies 0.18.1:
Update poison sticker damage tick.
Changed small poison cloud to new format.
Fire and Poison spitters/worms no longer cause Poison/Fire stickers.
Badass Behemoths cause poison sticker instead of fire sticker.

Equipment 0.18.1:
Added chemical-science-pack prerequisite to Exoskeleton technology.
Added zinc processing prerequisite to personal roboport 2 technology.
Added Advanced Electronics 2 prerequisites to personal roboport 3.

Inserters 0.18.1:
Updated the inserter hand position overrides to explicitly check for holding the item (or ghost) of the inserter being placed. (Still messes up if you press undo while holding the restored entity)

Logistics 0.18.3:
Changed the description for Inserter Overhaul option.
Added Advanced Electronics prerequisite to Modular Roboports, and Logistic/Construction robotics.
Added science pack prerequisites to Modular roboports, robotics and Logistic system technologies.
Changed fluid_box height of all pumps to 4, to match base game.
Updated the inserter hand position overrides to explicitly check for holding the item (or ghost) of the inserter being placed.
Added Zinc Processing prerequisite to fluid handling 3
Added Logistic science pack and Tungsten alloy processing prerequisites to Fluid handling 4
Added science packs prerequisites to Logistic systems and Modular roboports research
Added Logistic science pack and Advanced electronics 2 to Armoured railway 2.
Added Tungsten Alloy Processing and Nitinol Processing prerequisites to Advanced Logistic and Construction Robotics 3
Added utility science pack prerequisite to logistics 5

Mining 0.18.1:
Fixed Steel Axe technology icons.

Modules 0.18.1:
Added Gold and Aluminium Processing prerequisites to Modules research.
Added science pack prerequisites to Effect Transmission research.
Added gem processing 2 prerequisite to level 5 module technologies

Ores 0.18.1:
Added missing line bobmods.ores.lithia_water.enabled = true to function bobmods.ores.lithia_water.create_autoplace()

MCI 0.18.2:
Added logistic-science-pack prerequisite to Electrolysis 2 and Lithium processing.
Added chemical-science-pack prerequisite to Titanium processing, gem processing 2 and ceramics
Added production-science-pack prerequisite to Advanced Electronics 3, Nitinol and tungsten alloy processing
Added nickel-processing and chemical-science-pack prerequisites to Tungsten processing
Added Electronics prerequisite to Water bore and Air compressor technology if Electronics mod is installed.
Added Aluminium processing prerequisite to Fluid Handling 2
Added logistic-science-pack and steel-processing prerequisites to Gas Canisters research
Added Automation 2 prerequisite to Gem Processing 1
Added sulfur-processing prerequisite to Cobalt Processing
Added science pack prerequisites to Battery 2 and 3 research.

Power 0.18.3:
Changed nuclear-reactor consumption to 54MW if new reactors are turned on. (That's how fast it converts fuel to heat) this makes it 1 Reactor to 5 Heat Exchangers like higher tiers.
Added chemical-science-pack prerequisite to heatpipe 2.
Added science pack prerequisites to solar enery 3 and 4
Fixed steam engine, steam turbine and heat exchanger entity icon sizes.
Added logistic science pack to electric poles and substation 4.
Fixed Tungsten processing prerequisite on Nuclear power 2 (thorium nuclear power) research.
Added science pack prerequisites to fluid burning generators.

Revamp 0.18.1:
Fixed solid fuel technology icon.
Added Pumpjack prerequisite to Oil processing.
Added logistic-science-pack prerequisite to Chemical plant and pumpjack research.
Added Electrnics prerequisite to pumpjack technology if Electronics mod is installed.
Added Rocket engine to Rocket part, and Rocketry prerequisite to Rocket Silo
Updated chemical plant technology icon.

Tech 0.18.1:
Fixed steam power technology icon.
Added Fast/Express inserter prerequisite to Advanced lab and Logistic science pack technologies as appropriate
Added Zinc processing prerequisite to Logistic science pack technology.

Vehicle Equipment 0.18.1:
Added alien technology prerequisites to vehicle Shield, fusion, plasma turret, and battery technologies.
Added science pack prerequisites to vehicle Shield technologies.
Added science packs to speed increase equipment.
Added Advanced Electronics 2 prerequisites to vehicle fusion power technologies 1 and vehicle roboport 3.
Added science packs to Vehicle fusion power technologies 2 and 3
Added zinc processing prerequisite to vehicle roboport 2 technology.
Added Science pack prerequisites to plasma defense technologies.
Added advanced electronics prerequisites to vehicle energy shield and laser defence technologies.
Added utility science pack prerequisite to vehicle solar energy 5.

Warfare 0.18.2:
Added science pack prerequisites to turret researches
Added science pack prerequisites to sniper turret technologies
Added military-science-pack prerequisite to nitroglycerin-processing
Added Tungsten Processing prerequisite to Rockets.
Minor laser turret fix.
Fix cobalt processing prerequisite on Sniper turrets 2 should now be applied correctly.
Added Artillery prerequisite to Tanks 2.
Removed utility science pack military 4 prerequisite from Artillery research.
Added military 4 prerequisite to artillery (Turret and wagon) 2 research.
Fix moved Emerald to combat robot weapon 3 instead of 2.
Added zinc processing and gem processing 2 prerequisites to combat robot researches 2 and 3.
Update poison/plasma sticker damage tick.
fixed Vehicle flamethrower and tank cannon wrong icons.
Changed small poison cloud (used by poison rocket) to new format.
Updated Artillery poison cloud to new format.
Added utility science pack prerequisite to laser turrets 5 and Tanks 3.
Fixed plasma turrets 5 prerequisites battery 3 and nitinol processing.
Added prerequisite nitinol processing to combat robotics 4 if applicable.
Added new technologies to unlock scatter cannon shells, and my artillery ammos.
I also have a Patreon.

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evandy »

Hey Bob,

What is the "New Oil and Sulphur Overhaul"? I see it's off by default, is it ready for us to use?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

evandy wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:42 am
Hey Bob,

What is the "New Oil and Sulphur Overhaul"? I see it's off by default, is it ready for us to use?
it was off by default in 0.17 when it was introduced, because it was introduced after stable, and the changes break existing supply chains.
it's on by default in 0.18.
If you're upgrading to 0.18 from 0.17 and had the mods installed, the initial setting (off) would be carried over into the newer version of the game, requiring you to turn it on.

I wrote it because of the base game oil processing overhaul, it replaces petroleum gas from oil processing recipes with sour gas, that needs to be separated into petroleum gas and sulfur.
This is an alternative to the way the base game does things, where you can turn gas into either sulfur or plastic, because IRL, Sulfur is an unwanted contaminant in petroleum gas, so if you really did have sulfur in your petroleum gas, well, you wouldn't be able to make plastic with it for a start.
I also have a Patreon.

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evandy »

bobingabout wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:15 am
evandy wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:42 am
Hey Bob,

it was off by default in 0.17 when it was introduced, because it was introduced after stable, and the changes break existing supply chains.
it's on by default in 0.18.
If you're upgrading to 0.18 from 0.17 and had the mods installed, the initial setting (off) would be carried over into the newer version of the game, requiring you to turn it on.

I wrote it because of the base game oil processing overhaul, it replaces petroleum gas from oil processing recipes with sour gas, that needs to be separated into petroleum gas and sulfur.
This is an alternative to the way the base game does things, where you can turn gas into either sulfur or plastic, because IRL, Sulfur is an unwanted contaminant in petroleum gas, so if you really did have sulfur in your petroleum gas, well, you wouldn't be able to make plastic with it for a start.
nice. I'm playing seablock right now, so have angels' petrochem so I don't think this'll afafect my base much but good to know. Thanks for the quick reply.

Ichbinderkuli
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ichbinderkuli »

Assembly 0.18.1:
This now seems to cause an issue with Mini Machine Mods (henceforth known as "mini"), 7.0.1. If I load Just Bob's Assembly (henceforth know as "Bob's") No issue.

If I load Bob's and Mini, I get this error: Failed to load mods: The given sprite rectangle (left_top=1050x0, right_bottom=1400x219) is outside the actual sprite size (left_top=0x0, right_bottom=1248x222).: base/graphics/entity/chemical-plant/hr-chemical-plant-shadow.png

If I disable Chemical plants from Bob's with Mini, no other issues.

If I disable Chemical plants from Mini with Bob's, no issues.

I posted the same in Kryzeth's mod page, but just wanted to pass along. May or may not have issues with other mods going forward and just wanted to spread the info.

Love your mods BTW. Can't play vanilla, just too boring, lol. Thanks!

kirazy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kirazy »

Ichbinderkuli wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:56 am
Assembly 0.18.1:
This now seems to cause an issue with Mini Machine Mods (henceforth known as "mini"), 7.0.1. If I load Just Bob's Assembly (henceforth know as "Bob's") No issue.

If I load Bob's and Mini, I get this error: Failed to load mods: The given sprite rectangle (left_top=1050x0, right_bottom=1400x219) is outside the actual sprite size (left_top=0x0, right_bottom=1248x222).: base/graphics/entity/chemical-plant/hr-chemical-plant-shadow.png

If I disable Chemical plants from Bob's with Mini, no other issues.

If I disable Chemical plants from Mini with Bob's, no issues.

I posted the same in Kryzeth's mod page, but just wanted to pass along. May or may not have issues with other mods going forward and just wanted to spread the info.

Love your mods BTW. Can't play vanilla, just too boring, lol. Thanks!
Yep, the way Mini-Machines does its scaling uses static sizes rather than pulling from the prototype definition it's copying from, which will cause an issue until Mini Machines updates. Additionally it assumes a specific number of layers, which will also cause breakages, rather than looping through the whole layers table.

So just to be clear, this is a Mini Machine's issue. :c

I ran into this myself with Mini Machines and had to ultimately disable it as making it compatible with my in-development reskin mod was more effort than it was worth.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Ichbinderkuli wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:56 am
Well, I actually update the graphics of many things, including assembling machines, and the centrifuge, it's a bit odd that it'll only break now that I've changed the chemical plant (never actually tried mini machines)
But yeah, when you replace graphics, there's 2 ways of doing things:
1: just replace the graphics, for every machine. This means each has it's own set of graphics, which uses a lot of space. (and there's still no guarantee that the dimensions will be the same)
2: Use layers. Adding a mask layer means that you can use any colour you want in code, using the same set of graphics. My changes to the centrifuge in the base game are basically just replacing a green glow layer with a recolourable white version, so that the centrifuge can have different colours based on recipe.

in either case, code changes, in the latter (the one that we use, because it's cheaper than having the full image for each tier of machine, and allows alternate colour options if required) means adding more layers.
ANYTHING that assumes it's working with the base game isn't going to work with such changes.

I used to assume base game in a lot of areas, but in most cases now, I just outright redefine everything to how I want it to be, because if I redefine it, then it doesn't matter if someone else has changed it prior to me, I change the whole thing to what I want it to be. (that doesn't go for everything, recipes for example has quite a complex set of scripts to add/remove ingredients/results as to allow multiple mods to change things without it breaking... sometimes it breaks anyway) Calculating from other things works too, but depends how expensive or complex it is to do so. Iterating through every layer (after checking for layers... most things in base have layers now) and checking for sizes, etc, is something that can be done.

But yeah, if what Kirazy says about mini machines is true... it's assuming base game, which means it's not designed to work with other mods.
(this part is basically a rant)
Some people say my attitude towards other mods isn't good... (though not many in more recent times), I do try to accommodate other mods, even if it's just by altering the structure of my own to be more compatible with changes other people might make. If there's a clash between features of my mod, and another, I often talk to them to figure out a solution, if my mod can be changed in such a way that it doesn't really change my feature, and allows theirs to work with my mods... I'll do it.
You don't actually see much code in my mod referring to other mods, my mod is considered a backbone these days, many people expect it to be installed, as such the compatibility code is usually in their mod, not mine. You may see some code referring to DyTech or even FMod in some of the older versions, this is because they were already big when I started, and things were the other way around.
Part of the issue with working with other modders is... Everyone wants to do it their own way. If you don't agree, well... you end up just doing your own thing in your mod. But at least when I do, I try and make things compatible with others.

I'd best stop my rant here now x3
I also have a Patreon.

kirazy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kirazy »

bobingabout wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:06 pm
But yeah, if what Kirazy says about mini machines is true... it's assuming base game, which means it's not designed to work with other mods.
He has his width/height as static numbers instead of copying from the source, so since I gave you new graphics the dimensions changed, so he pulls the filename dynamically, but not width/height, and that causes issues. He also assumes the number of layer entries, rather than iterating through the whole layers table, so even pulling the size dynamically doesn't fix it since the new masks I gave you results in more layers than he assumes are there and not everything is properly adjusted. :C

His mod could be improved with some tweaks to his process so that the duplication/shrink process is done dynamically with no assumptions about what fields are/aren't present, what tables are populated, that sort of thing.

I take inspiration from some of the vanilla functions that basically copy every possible field, and if they're nil it's fine since they're not needed, but it's a generalized function that works for all cases.

He could eliminate some of his incompatibilities if he were to refactor in this way.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

kirazy wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:12 pm
I take inspiration from some of the vanilla functions that basically copy every possible field, and if they're nil it's fine since they're not needed, but it's a generalized function that works for all cases.
I wrote one of those that is in the base game :P
I also have a Patreon.

Kryzeth
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kryzeth »

Just here to set the record straight, but yes, for most entities in the game, I do have them dynamically altered. So they check if a certain property exists, and how that property exists (if it's a simple shift, scale, hr_version.shift, and hr_version.scale vs having a base/shadow/mask layer vs having separate directional graphics with base/shadow/mask, etc) and then reduces the shift and scale for each of those layers and directions.

For the chemical plant specifically, I had to redefine the entire graphic, based on the original declaration it was based on, and reduce the shift and scale values within that redefinition. This was because vanilla (and I think Bobs used to also define it this way) used the "make_4way_animation_from_spritesheet" function, which for some reason, did not scale properly when I tried to apply the shift and scale changes afterwards (the same way I simply modified the other entities; without redefining the graphic).

The chemical plant shadow was always off for some reason, and I couldn't really figure out why. So I gave up on trying to figure it out, and just redefined it with the reduced values. This worked perfectly, and I assumed vanilla wouldn't be changing the chemical plant graphic very often, so it didn't matter if it could easily break again. Bobs is also usually slow with graphical updates (no offense intended; I know you have a SHITTON of things to worry about, that graphics are not a high priority) so I was thinking that I'd just have to fix it whenever the graphic was updated.

Most other mods and entities don't have this problem, since they don't use "make_4way_animation_from_spritesheet" function. The vanilla oil refinery is the only one that I know of atm. So for the most part, graphical updates from other mods don't normally break my mod. It's just the chemical plant in specific.

And also! Now that you've updated how the graphic is defined (by no longer using "make_4way_animation_from_spritesheet"), I can actually dynamically reduce the values instead of redefining the graphic, so even if/when you update the graphics again, it (hopefully) shouldn't cause any issues with my mod! That's all I had to clear up, thanks!

(EDIT: And also regarding that final rant... I know it was based on misinformation about my mod, but I still feel compelled to respond; I would like to think that all of my mods, not just mini machines, makes every attempt to be compatible. Because people use so many different mods, and mine make relatively simple changes, I put in every effort to make my mods compatible with others whenever possible, and there are multiple references to MANY other overhaul mods on the Nexus, not just to this one. I respond to every compatibility request made, even if I don't use or care about the other mod; I'll still put forth the effort to increase compatibility, and make sure it works perfectly.)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Kryzeth wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:06 am
And also! Now that you've updated how the graphic is defined (by no longer using "make_4way_animation_from_spritesheet"), I can actually dynamically reduce the values instead of redefining the graphic, so even if/when you update the graphics again, it (hopefully) shouldn't cause any issues with my mod! That's all I had to clear up, thanks!

(EDIT: And also regarding that final rant... I know it was based on misinformation about my mod, but I still feel compelled to respond; I would like to think that all of my mods, not just mini machines, makes every attempt to be compatible. Because people use so many different mods, and mine make relatively simple changes, I put in every effort to make my mods compatible with others whenever possible, and there are multiple references to MANY other overhaul mods on the Nexus, not just to this one. I respond to every compatibility request made, even if I don't use or care about the other mod; I'll still put forth the effort to increase compatibility, and make sure it works perfectly.)
There is an update that I haven't released yet that adds another layer. (puts some white on top of the mask)

And the rant was more just a rant than aimed at anyone specifically, sorry if it felt like it pointed a finger at you. After reading your response though, sounds like we're about the same in that regard. Sometimes you put in the effort to make things compatible, and it breaks anyway.
I also have a Patreon.

Kryzeth
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kryzeth »

bobingabout wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:40 pm
There is an update that I haven't released yet that adds another layer. (puts some white on top of the mask)
I think as long as you don't go back to using the "make_4way_animation_from_spritesheet" function, my mod should be able to handle any changes made in yours. With the latest update, I have If bobassembly detected and entity is chemical plant, run through every layer in animation and reduce shift/scale by 2/3; not just checking a static amount of layers.

Actually, thanks to Kirazy testing my latest update, I've been able to locate a few problem areas that weren't dynamic enough and updated them as well. All good!

Return to “Bob's mods”