ModMyFactory - mod manager and more

Search and install new mods. Start Factorio.
For dedicated server handling see Multiplayer Tools
ElizTriad
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: ModMyFactory - mod manager and more

Post by ElizTriad »

Updating mods to 0.18 leads to a crash of ModMyFactory.
All mods are successfully downloaded, after which the program says an error and no longer starts.
The game starts without errors.
error-log.txt wrote:MoonSharp.Interpreter.ScriptRuntimeException: attempt to index a nil value
в MoonSharp.Interpreter.Execution.VM.Processor.ExecIndex(Instruction i, Int32 instructionPtr)
в MoonSharp.Interpreter.Execution.VM.Processor.Processing_Loop(Int32 instructionPtr)
в MoonSharp.Interpreter.Execution.VM.Processor.Call(DynValue function, DynValue[] args)
в ModMyFactory.Models.ModFile.GetSettings(ModCollection parentCollection, IHasModSettings owner)
в ModMyFactory.Models.Mod.LoadSettings()
в ModMyFactory.ModCollection.LoadSettings()
в ModMyFactory.ModCollection.EndUpdate()
в ModMyFactory.ViewModels.MainViewModel.<UpdateModsAsyncInner>d__32.MoveNext()
--- Конец трассировка стека из предыдущего расположения, где возникло исключение ---
в System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
в System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
в ModMyFactory.ViewModels.MainViewModel.<UpdateMods>d__33.MoveNext()
--- Конец трассировка стека из предыдущего расположения, где возникло исключение ---
в System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
в ModMyFactory.ViewModels.MainViewModel.<<-ctor>b__239_7>d.MoveNext()
в System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
в System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
I am using ModMyFactory 1.11.0pre3 portable.
Deleting the folder ModMyFactory\mods\0.18 restores the program
When you delete several Angel and Bob mods, the program starts normally with other small mods.

Here is the list of mods that i use
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... -list.json

I am ready to provide other required information to solve the problem. Sorry for my english i use google translator.

Artentus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Artentus »

Use latest stable, the pre-release is buggy

ElizTriad
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ElizTriad »

Artentus wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:59 am
This fixed the problem, the program starts. But there are other problems.
Whatever I do, any running version (17 or 18 / Steam or not) always watches mods in the folder C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Factorio The game does not pay attention to the mods in the MMF folder.

I tried to delete the mods, saves, scenarios folders from C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Factorio and from ModMyFactory\Factorio\{4de77b98-2664-41f1-8439-0cc8ec9b83fd}
I completely uninstalled MMF and installed version 1.10.3, and reconfigured it again.
I ran MMF as administrator.

But all this turned out to be useless, the game still looks at the mods in the AppData folder, if there are no mods in the AppData folder, then they do not appear in the game either.

Artentus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Artentus »

I've had people report this before. The folder in appdata is supposed to be replaced by a symlink, but for whatever reason this doesn't seem to always work.

Please note though that I am no longer developing this version of ModMyFactory and therefore this will not be fixed anymore. Eventually MMF2 will be ready and completely replace it.

recall2000
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by recall2000 »

ElizTriad wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:56 pm
Artentus wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:59 am
This fixed the problem, the program starts. But there are other problems.
Whatever I do, any running version (17 or 18 / Steam or not) always watches mods in the folder C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Factorio The game does not pay attention to the mods in the MMF folder.

I tried to delete the mods, saves, scenarios folders from C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Factorio and from ModMyFactory\Factorio\{4de77b98-2664-41f1-8439-0cc8ec9b83fd}
I completely uninstalled MMF and installed version 1.10.3, and reconfigured it again.
I ran MMF as administrator.

But all this turned out to be useless, the game still looks at the mods in the AppData folder, if there are no mods in the AppData folder, then they do not appear in the game either.
Manually make a symlink from the AppData folder to the MMF/mods/v18 (or whichever version matches your game version) folder. I'd backup the whole Factorio folder in AppData, delete the mods folder, then run (change paths as needed) the following to create a symlink:

mklink /D D:\Games\ModMyFactory\mods\v18 C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\mods

Repeat for saves and scenarios folders. If you ever want to go back to "normal", delete the symlink from AppData\Factorio (delete like you would a normal file) and copy the contents of MMF/mods/v18 (or whichever version) to AppData\Factorio\mods (recreate folder) and repeat for saves/scenarios folders.

And thanks to Artentus for MMF. A v2 is planned? Nice.

Artentus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Artentus »

Already in development. Will come with cross platform support and a server edition.

Return to “Mod-/Installation-Handling”