[MOD 0.18] KRASTORIO^2

Topics and discussion about specific mods
galibert
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.18] KRASTORIO^2

Post by galibert »

Ok, tell me if I'm missing something, but from what I see, the most basic tech card needs wood, and wood production can't be automated until after blue science, some couple of thousands tech cards later? Not only mass-cutting wood is boring, but when starting in a desert biome you walk for kilometers...

Mattyrogue
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Mattyrogue »

galibert wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:05 pm
Ok, tell me if I'm missing something, but from what I see, the most basic tech card needs wood, and wood production can't be automated until after blue science, some couple of thousands tech cards later? Not only mass-cutting wood is boring, but when starting in a desert biome you walk for kilometers...
Greenhouse is a Basic Tech Card research that produces Wood from Power and Water.

You will need to research Automation Core, Crusher and Stone Processing first however, and set up a basic Crusher and produce glass from sand.

All in all, should cost you around 140 Wood in Basic Tech Cards, and an additional 20 for your first Greenhouse. If you cannot afford that, well, you have bigger problems.

galibert
Inserter
Inserter

Post by galibert »

galibert wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:05 pm
Oh, I missed the greenhouse and others, cool :-)

Perhaps the wiki could use a "startup priorities" page.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

toddchitt wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:54 pm
larandar wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:27 am
Stimpatch wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:20 am
On Discord, Linver postet a countdown:
https://www.tickcounter.com/countdown/1 ... -2-release
Man, you mean I have to work for 3 more hours this week? Inacceptable!! :)
Countdown time now at 4 x 00. I still don't see this awesome looking mod in the standard Factorio Mod list. Am I missing something? Do I have to download it manually?

Waiting eagerly...
It is out on the mod portal, but it is only compatible with version 0.18 – and by default the mod portal shows mods for the current stable which is 0.17.
You can also download it via the mod manager in-game, which is probably the easiest.

toddchitt
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by toddchitt »

valneq wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:20 pm

It is out on the mod portal, but it is only compatible with version 0.18 – and by default the mod portal shows mods for the current stable which is 0.17.
You can also download it via the mod manager in-game, which is probably the easiest.
Ah, I updated to 0.18.x. Found it. Thanks.

Linver
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Linver »

doc776@gmail.com wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:00 pm
By any chance, will the loaders in this mod use power? I die hard love the miniloader mod simply because they consume power. Would love to see that as an option if they dont already.
Impossible, dev have abandon the loader prototype, so I decide to follow the energyless design

Linver
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Linver »

Chloroform wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:07 pm
What game settings do you recommend starting a new map?

Also, looks awesome and can't wait to play! :)
Technology is a bit slow compared to vanilla so is better a green start area. Maybe a bit more richness of some resources

khalismur
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by khalismur »

Looks great! Any ETA on RSO compatibility?

NoQ
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NoQ »

Wood power looks real good in this mod.

kenmras
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kenmras »

I'm a hobby graphic designer with lots of experience in Photoshop and Indesign. I'd love to branch out into 3D sprites but have never had a reason to... TILL NOW. Please PM me.

Linver
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Linver »

khalismur wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:34 pm
Maybe a week

doc776@gmail.com
Inserter
Inserter

Post by doc776@gmail.com »

were there any new bitter types added here? if not, would you say evolution enemies or bobs enemies would be compatible?

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

started a map with SE and had no trees. it was evil. love this mod. please give us trees :D

Linver
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Linver »

Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:54 am
were there any new bitter types added here? if not, would you say evolution enemies or bobs enemies would be compatible?
Should be compatible

Linver
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Linver »

ptx0 wrote: ↑
Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:23 am
started a map with SE and had no trees. it was evil. love this mod. please give us trees :D
A bit of tree is necessary to make the mod work, u don't need much of it, configure better ur map setting

vvv444
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by vvv444 »

Linver wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:30 pm
By any chance, will the loaders in this mod use power? I die hard love the miniloader mod simply because they consume power. Would love to see that as an option if they dont already.
Impossible, dev have abandon the loader prototype, so I decide to follow the energyless design
Allow me to join this discussion. If it's impossible to make loaders consume power, I at least suggest to make them much more "expensive" to craft. Currently, loader cost is similar to inserter, so it makes sense to place loaders on any "unload" instead of inserters to save power. I doubt that was the initial intention.

Linver
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Linver »

vvv444 wrote: ↑
Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:21 am
Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:30 pm
Allow me to join this discussion. If it's impossible to make loaders consume power, I at least suggest to make them much more "expensive" to craft. Currently, loader cost is similar to inserter, so it makes sense to place loaders on any "unload" instead of inserters to save power. I doubt that was the initial intention.
This is because loader is a "vertical" belt, and because belts don't consume power, actual cost is enough

vvv444
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by vvv444 »

Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:43 am
This is because loader is a "vertical" belt, and because belts don't consume power, actual cost is enough
So by design you prefer encouraging people to build like on the right instead as on the left?
1.jpg
1.jpg (114.76 KiB) Viewed 6165 times
Seems a bit strange to me, but ok...

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

vvv444 wrote: ↑
Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:28 am
Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:43 am
So by design you prefer encouraging people to build like on the right instead as on the left?
1.jpg

Seems a bit strange to me, but ok...
I've not tried the mod yet (stupid busy weekend. Hopefully tonight) but it feels to me like any cost that could be considered reasonable would encourage loaders. Not using energy is a huge boon over using it. I know when using loaders mods in the past, I tended to prefer them.

I never understand aesthetics arguments. To me efficiency always looks good. So I actually like the setup on the right.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:38 am
khalismur wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:34 pm
Maybe a week
Krastor prepared the config file and it's out now.
Have fun :)

Return to β€œMods”