Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

JamesFire
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by JamesFire »

My Direct Uranium recipe (sorting from the crystals and the catalyst) cannot have productivity applied to it. So far, all the other ones can.

DrJones
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DrJones »

Here's an odd bug, and I don't know if I should be reporting it here on on the main Factorio bug forums.

Download and load the savegame from https://gofile.io/?c=0JH4iU. Press e. Check logistics requests: You're asking for 200 iron plate in (crucially) one of the bottom slots for logistics requests. There's a bot on the way to deliver some. When it does, the request is removed. That is, the slot is cleared, so if you now use your plates, no more will be delivered.

This behavior (slots being cleared) seems to be happening with the lower two rows of request slots, and I've seen it happen for all sorts of items.

Is this something about Angel's mods? Something about the base game?

DrJones
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DrJones »

DrJones wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:42 am
(crucially) one of the bottom slots for logistics requests
Actually, this doesn't seem so crucial now. Some time later (and presumably multiple bot deliveries later), all my logistics requests slots are now cleared.

What's clearing them?

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

JamesFire wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:55 am
My Direct Uranium recipe (sorting from the crystals and the catalyst) cannot have productivity applied to it. So far, all the other ones can.
Thanks for the report. I fixed it for the next release of refining.
DrJones wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:11 am
DrJones wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:42 am
(crucially) one of the bottom slots for logistics requests
Actually, this doesn't seem so crucial now. Some time later (and presumably multiple bot deliveries later), all my logistics requests slots are now cleared.

What's clearing them?
I am (tediously slow) downloading your save game. I expect some mod is doing that, but for sure not angels mods as angel is never touching your request/trash slots in any way... I have no idea at this point, maybe when the save (finaly) downloads, I can have a look at your mod list to maybe have a clue...

EDIT: My guess would go to picker inventory tools, but it is for sure not angels mods...
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

DrJones
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DrJones »

lovely_santa wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:13 am
EDIT: My guess would go to picker inventory tools, but it is for sure not angels mods...
Thanks for the tip. I've disabled those mods now, and it doesn't seem to be happening again.

I'll report it there.

Mindflay42
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Mindflay42 »

I dont know why but i restarted the game and now this error

tried to reload the industries mod file and same error
Attachments
20200307203402_1.jpg
20200307203402_1.jpg (91.16 KiB) Viewed 5196 times

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

Mindflay42 wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:37 pm
I dont know why but i restarted the game and now this error

tried to reload the industries mod file and same error
Thanks for the report, this was however already reported on github and fixed for the next release of angelsindustries.

You can delete your mod settings file (located in your mod folder) to get rid of this error. This will disable angels components and angels tech, resolving the error for now.
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

Coffee Daemon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Coffee Daemon »

Seems to be impossible to get past burner stage if you have Bobs Tech and Angels industries on, as one gates electric poles behind tech (bobs) and the other requires electric to run the new science packs (angels). Quite possibly just the way I've got it set up, and I'll just console a pole in soon but figured I'd mention it.

On second thought they seem to overlap almost everywhere in the tech tree. Needing 2 labs at once is also weird right off the bat.

Coffee Daemon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Coffee Daemon »

Running BA, minus bobs tech. Solder is unlocked via Basic Solder Smelting, but requires solder to make science requirements. As far as I can tell this is a hard-lock as it stands.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

Coffee Daemon wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:28 pm
Seems to be impossible to get past burner stage if you have Bobs Tech and Angels industries on, as one gates electric poles behind tech (bobs) and the other requires electric to run the new science packs (angels). Quite possibly just the way I've got it set up, and I'll just console a pole in soon but figured I'd mention it.

On second thought they seem to overlap almost everywhere in the tech tree. Needing 2 labs at once is also weird right off the bat.
Science is not fully integrated with bobs yet, and it is not even fully implemented in angels only yet. It is not part as a full release yet, it's just there as a sneak peak. I am aware of this.
Coffee Daemon wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:41 pm
Running BA, minus bobs tech. Solder is unlocked via Basic Solder Smelting, but requires solder to make science requirements. As far as I can tell this is a hard-lock as it stands.
I am aware of this, and it has already been reported multiple times. This is fixed already and a quick fix is mentioned in this post. Since the components (and tech) are not in a full release, there is no quick release for this, but it is fixed for the next release. There is a workaround for now.

Hyperbar00
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Hyperbar00 »

Greetings,

I'm using Angel's Refining - Smelting - Petrochem - Bio, and I've encountered some problems.
First, I can produce geodes but can't do anything with it. No crystal slurry recipe avaible or anything else related to geodes.
Second, I can't research Advanced Steel Smelting 2. It says that prerequisites (Advanced Steel Smelting 1) aren't met while they are. If I use a console command to force unlock it, the same thing happens to Advanced Steel Smelting 3. I do have Coolant 1 unlocked but can't research Steel 3.
Finally, there is no way to produce ceramic filters. I have unlocked recipes that use it (Coolant 2), yet I can't craft it.

shuzen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by shuzen »

Hyperbar00 wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:21 pm
Second, I can't research Advanced Steel Smelting 2. It says that prerequisites (Advanced Steel Smelting 1) aren't met while they are. If I use a console command to force unlock it, the same thing happens to Advanced Steel Smelting 3. I do have Coolant 1 unlocked but can't research Steel 3.
Advanced Steel Smelting II wants also both Advanced Silicon and Manganese Smelting 1. Are they researched?
Hyperbar00 wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:21 pm
Finally, there is no way to produce ceramic filters. I have unlocked recipes that use it (Coolant 2), yet I can't craft it.
Ceramic Filters come with Slag Processing 2.

FNEI is very useful to check stuff like this.

Hyperbar00
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Hyperbar00 »

shuzen wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:49 pm
FNEI is very useful to check stuff like this.
Funnily enough, I also tried it :D
I usually use What is this really used for ?. It summerizes in a clear fashion all recipes using/producing it.

Ok, when you mentionned Silicon and Manganese I thought of Bob's ores.
I activated it and it obviously made avaible all that was missing. Nevertheless I find strange that a lot of recipes are unaccessible without. I can produce geodes but can't use them. I can use filters but can't produce them. There are technologies unlocking things with ingredients I can produce but those technologies are locked behind invisible prerequisites.
I know that Angel's are somehow made to work with Bob's yet as there was no hard dependency I though it would be self-sufficient. Now I find myself with countless additionnal tabs, recipes, techs and intermediates that have no use unless I activate other Bob's mod (and I don't want to because I want to keep the game only slightly more complex for now
and 'cause I already got into a Angel's+Bob's game
), not to mention that the basic ore crushing recipe now outputs different products that force me to revise my setup :lol:

That was quite a soliloque. Somewhere in my mind I knew it needed Bob's yet I absolutely wanted to know if there was a way to do without.
Thanks for your answer :mrgreen:

shuzen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by shuzen »

Hyperbar00 wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:55 am
Somewhere in my mind I knew it needed Bob's yet I absolutely wanted to know if there was a way to do without.
Oh, of course. I think your idea about the mods is correct, they probably should work standalone. My answer was totally disregarding the option of Angels-only because I always automatically include Bobs when thinking about this. So, just wait a bit for someone more competent than me. :)

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

That does sounds like a bug and I think I know where it is coming from. Does it only happen with steel? Do you have actual researches available for silicon and manganese when you are not playing with bobs?

Coffee Daemon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Coffee Daemon »

lovely_santa wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:07 pm
Coffee Daemon wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:28 pm

Science is not fully integrated with bobs yet, and it is not even fully implemented in angels only yet. It is not part as a full release yet, it's just there as a sneak peak. I am aware of this.
A weird thought for a way round would be a 1-tile power pole with a 3x1 wire length. It would allow a connection to bobs burner power build whilst not invalidating any other tech.

Hyperbar00
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Hyperbar00 »

lovely_santa wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:00 am
That does sounds like a bug and I think I know where it is coming from. Does it only happen with steel? Do you have actual researches available for silicon and manganese when you are not playing with bobs?
I'm currently producing purple science and for now, this happened only for steel. There is no presence of silicon or manganese (and any non-vanilla ore) in the techtree. It suprised me because when I display the techtree, every tech leading to Steel 2 & 3 is highlighted green and is researched while still saying I'm missing prerequisites ;)
screenshot
Here is a complete screenshot : when I display either Steel 2 or 3 techtree, there is no such thing as silicon or manganese. As I'm looking for silicon (or manganese or anything) in the search bar, nothing appears. Same for ceramic filters or crystal slurry from geodes.

Thanks for your responsiveness :mrgreen:

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

Hyperbar00 wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:40 pm
lovely_santa wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:00 am
I'm currently producing purple science and for now, this happened only for steel. There is no presence of silicon or manganese (and any non-vanilla ore) in the techtree. It suprised me because when I display the techtree, every tech leading to Steel 2 & 3 is highlighted green and is researched while still saying I'm missing prerequisites ;)
screenshot
Here is a complete screenshot : when I display either Steel 2 or 3 techtree, there is no such thing as silicon or manganese. As I'm looking for silicon (or manganese or anything) in the search bar, nothing appears. Same for ceramic filters or crystal slurry from geodes.

Thanks for your responsiveness :mrgreen:
Think I found the issue (bio), I think if you start your map without bio, the research will become researchable. However this will break your base, so don't do that (except if you want to verify this). I'll fix it tomorrow (getting late).

DrJones
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DrJones »

lovely_santa wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:38 pm
DrJones wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:22 pm
The icon shown on the Crystallizer for the recipe 'Crystallizing to Cobalt & Tungsten' shows cobalt and titanium ore. Compare the icon shown on the machine behind the window with the icon shown for tungsten ore in the window.

20200306211433_1.jpg

/s This is clearly unplayable. /s

Seriously, thanks for all the awesome work you've been doing on the mods. It's in a much better place now than half a year ago.
I am reworking all the fluid icons (mainly for petrochem), and then I would have functions to dynamicaly set the icons. So for now I'll leave it as is, keeping this in mind, and once the fluid overhaul is done, I should have a beter way of solving this, since as of now, this is just a paint job...
Similarly, the icon for angelsore-crushed-mix1-processing (sorting to tin ore) shows an older icon for tin ore, which is pale grey, instead of the current one, which is small greenish shards.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

DrJones wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:05 am
lovely_santa wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:38 pm
DrJones wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:22 pm
The icon shown on the Crystallizer for the recipe 'Crystallizing to Cobalt & Tungsten' shows cobalt and titanium ore. Compare the icon shown on the machine behind the window with the icon shown for tungsten ore in the window.

20200306211433_1.jpg

/s This is clearly unplayable. /s

Seriously, thanks for all the awesome work you've been doing on the mods. It's in a much better place now than half a year ago.
I am reworking all the fluid icons (mainly for petrochem), and then I would have functions to dynamicaly set the icons. So for now I'll leave it as is, keeping this in mind, and once the fluid overhaul is done, I should have a beter way of solving this, since as of now, this is just a paint job...
Similarly, the icon for angelsore-crushed-mix1-processing (sorting to tin ore) shows an older icon for tin ore, which is pale grey, instead of the current one, which is small greenish shards.
While we're at it, also the iron ore, which is not the vanilla one ;)

Return to “Angels Mods”