[MOD 1.1] Natural Evolution - All things Alien!

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.17.x] Natural Evolution - All things Alien!

Post by Pi-C »

Klonan wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:16 pm
Your damage effects are doing a small amount of damage each tick, but with tons of them:
What mod is that actually coming from? I've never used NE in my game yet, but I'm collaborating on Bio Industries/Natural Evolution and should look into this. (Currently working on NE Buildings, so if it's in NE Enemies it would still be some time until I'll get around to it.)
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Pi-C wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:04 pm
Klonan wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:16 pm
Your damage effects are doing a small amount of damage each tick, but with tons of them:
What mod is that actually coming from? I've never used NE in my game yet, but I'm collaborating on Bio Industries/Natural Evolution and should look into this. (Currently working on NE Buildings, so if it's in NE Enemies it would still be some time until I'll get around to it.)
This came from NE Enemies.
It's one of the damage effects, probably from one of the new spitter biters.

Firerazer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Firerazer »

Hello,
I hear during a game that an alien biome integration that spawns biters depending on the terrain would be great. Do you have the possibility/time/idea to integrate this into your mod?
As an example, spawn preferentially fire biters on lava biome, etc.
Thanks for this awsome mod, this keep me challenged everytime I play with it!!

mkaito
Inserter
Inserter

Post by mkaito »

It seems the setting to disable artifacts does not work. Biters still drop alien artifacts. And I don't think there's anything I can do with them anyway. Is this a known issue?

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

mkaito wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:56 pm
It seems the setting to disable artifacts does not work. Biters still drop alien artifacts. And I don't think there's anything I can do with them anyway. Is this a known issue?
this happened for me too, but i was using Biter Factions and assumed it was because forces other than player were attacking them.

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Pi-C »

mkaito wrote:
It seems the setting to disable artifacts does not work. Biters still drop alien artifacts.
I'll put that on my list of things to do…

And I don't think there's anything I can do with them anyway. Is this a known issue?
I think you also need NE Buildings. The artifacts are used there for building the Alien Control Station and the Terraforming Station. Alien artifacts are also needed to produce Alien revitalization solution, which is an ingredient for Enhanced nutrient solution in turn.
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

mkaito
Inserter
Inserter

Post by mkaito »

Pi-C wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:45 pm
mkaito wrote:
It seems the setting to disable artifacts does not work. Biters still drop alien artifacts.
I'll put that on my list of things to do…
Do you accept contributions?

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Pi-C »

mkaito wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:56 pm
Do you accept contributions?
Sorry, not right now. I'm still working on Bio Industries (the biggest of TheSAguy's mods), cleaning up code and fixing hidden bugs (especially local variables used out of scope seem to be a major issue). Turns out it's a much bigger job than I expected! As BI and the NE mods have a lot of common (entities and code), I'll first need to adapt the NE mods to make them compatible with BI again. Then there will probably follow several updates of the NE mods because of new bugs I didn't find myself. Just to give you an idea: I've had to release 5 updates for BI during the past week because of some new bug that had crept in, and another update will follow in the next hour or so. Moreover, almost every update means working on two versions (for Factorio 0.17 and 0.18), so it's quite a chore!

When I'm done with this task (i.e., when there is a clean code base to work with), you are very welcome to contribute! I hope you understand. Nevertheless, thanks a lot for your offer. :-)

mkaito
Inserter
Inserter

Post by mkaito »

Meanwhile, at my east wall... :lol:

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 1.1] Natural Evolution - All things Alien!

Post by TheSAguy »

Hey Guys,

I've not played in a long time. Just updated NE Enemies to 1.1
Let me know if you have any issues.

Thanks.

Berkys32
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Berkys32 »

In my modded game (AAI, SE, Krastorio and few others) I realized bugs are walking over cliffs freely. Was told that its feature. Later I realized they walk over water too. By fiddling with mods I realized, its your Natural Evolution Buildings and Natural Evolution Graphics which does so. Removed those two mods and biters cant Jesus walk anymore... Dont have Natural Evolution Enemies, only Building and Graphics

Arcurus
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Arcurus »

Thx for creating this mod which gives a challenge to the game.

Is there a way to limit the base expansions of Ai? I mean not the normal new base building i mean the new spawners which appear on mass if pollution hits the base and super fast extend to directly your own base.

I want to have challenging AI attacks but i dont want constandly the hole map full up alien bases if pollution hits them.

Return to “Mods”