[0.18] Please post bugs and balance issues here.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

MakeItGraphic
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.18] Please post bugs and balance issues here.

Post by MakeItGraphic »

I have an odd question.

I have been using symlinks for mods. And bobassembly_0.17.7.zip is the only mod out of the 40 I have that won't load in Factorio.

BobAssembly.PNG

EDIT: see for comparison

ModExample002.PNG
-

EDIT: sorry this was something wrong with the file, I tried a hard copy and it wont load. Went to download a new copy from in-game portal it "downloaded" but just said click to install again.

Had to download it again from the mod site manually, I think this is just my computer being screwy/corrupting random files. Both files were the same size.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

MakeItGraphic wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:20 pm
I have an odd question.

I have been using symlinks for mods. And bobassembly_0.17.7.zip is the only mod out of the 40 I have that won't load in Factorio.

BobAssembly.PNG

EDIT: see for comparison

ModExample002.PNG
-

EDIT: sorry this was something wrong with the file, I tried a hard copy and it wont load. Went to download a new copy from in-game portal it "downloaded" but just said click to install again.

Had to download it again from the mod site manually, I think this is just my computer being screwy/corrupting random files. Both files were the same size.
At one point I messed things up and saved over an old version of the file on my dropbox, so to fix it I had to download it from the mod portal, except it was downloaded corrupted, retrying also resulted in the file being corrupted, but I did eventually get it to work when using a different browser.

Though, if you're having trouble downloading the files from the mod portal, try downloading them from dropbox instead. There's a topic with all the different download links in it.
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=55347

If that still doesn't work, we can try and find another solution.

Personally, I don't like using symlinks, but the fact that each mod needs it's version in the zip file or directory name makes doing anything like linking to github difficult. I've complained about this before, Saying that the folder version of the mod should work without the version number in its name, but the devs just dismissed it. Okay, I guess I'm ranting a bit now.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

pastrami
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by pastrami »

I am having an issue in a new, freshly installed 0.18.9 with Bob's mods (+ Angels, RSO) where we are not getting any biter attacks.

Previously, in 0.17, it was common to get attacked within the first 30-60 minutes of the game (the first attacks only having a few biters, and increasing in intensity from there), and then every 5-10 minutes subsequently thereafter. However, after playing for almost 2 hours, there hasn't been a single attack. Biter bases are rather close. Without building radar, I could see two separate bases upon spawning into the map.

I have confirmed that I did not accidentally set the game to peaceful. If I stand close enough to agro the biters, they will attack me as normal even without me attacking them (as expected since peaceful is not enabled). I did not change any values in mod settings or in settings/advanced that have to do with enemies. "Use RSO biter generation" is on, but I have had this enabled in previous 0.17 games and it did not cause any issues.

I have toggled on pollution on the map and have confirmed that pollution from my base is making it to the biter bases.

It would appear that the following change was made to bobsenemies in 0.18.0 update: "Reduced pollution_to_join_attack on all enemies." I am wondering if somehow there was a change in how biter attacks are initiated in the base game that is causing an interaction? It's the only thing I could find that seemingly had recently changed with regards to biter attack initiation.

Let me know if you need me to provide anything to potentially help with this issue I'm having.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

pastrami wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:23 am
It would appear that the following change was made to bobsenemies in 0.18.0 update: "Reduced pollution_to_join_attack on all enemies." I am wondering if somehow there was a change in how biter attacks are initiated in the base game that is causing an interaction? It's the only thing I could find that seemingly had recently changed with regards to biter attack initiation.
that change specifically applies to my enemies, the new ones I added, which spawn from my nests, which don't spawn near the starting area. Therefore, at this stage of the game, as far as bob's mods is concerned you're still running with Vanilla enemies.
If you don't otherwise provoke them, the first attacks should come when the pollution reaches the enemy base. If this isn't the case, I'm not sure what it is.

Though keep in mind, I don't know what Angel's mods actually do, Angels is an over-bobs, he changes things in my mods, mine don't check if his are installed or not, he controls everything, so there may be other changes I'm not aware of. (though we have worked together on things in the past, Enemies isn't one of those things)

However, looking at the FFFs, Biter attack patterns are something the devs have been playing with recently. It's possible that base game changes broke attacks somehow.
I also have a Patreon.

Magnatix
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Magnatix »

Новый точечный рисунок.jpg
Новый точечный рисунок.jpg (57.53 KiB) Viewed 4705 times

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Magnatix wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:21 pm
Новый точечный рисунок.jpg
Fixed
I also have a Patreon.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

without bobrevamp, bobtech, bobelectronics, the "used up uranium/plutonium cells" return way too much lead plate.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

ptx0 wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:00 am
without bobrevamp, bobtech, bobelectronics, the "used up uranium/plutonium cells" return way too much lead plate.
I'll take a look at that... it should only really be returning however much it cost to make the cells in the first place.
I also have a Patreon.

kirazy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kirazy »

I don't know when this changed, but your prototype definition for laser turrets has this in it:

Code: Select all

projectile_center = {0, -0.2 * size},
projectile_creation_distance = 1.4 * size,
And these appear to have been deprecated in favor of, from the base definition:

Code: Select all

source_direction_count = 64,
source_offset = {0, -3.423489 / 4},
As such your laser turret beams are from the bottom center of the sprite instead of the barrel.

There's some centering issues for your laser rifle as well, but since I'm not skinning those at the moment I haven't looked.

Wisey
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Wisey »

Just updated the latest mods and produced the following error:
bob error.PNG
bob error.PNG (25.05 KiB) Viewed 4501 times
That was caused when i placed an inserter by hand.

It was originally in a game with angels etc, but i disabled all the non bob mods and the same happened.

Note: I don't have bobs inserters enabled, when i do enable it on the error goes away.

Thanks

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Wisey wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:07 pm
Just updated the latest mods and produced the following error:
bob error.PNG
That was caused when i placed an inserter by hand.

It was originally in a game with angels etc, but i disabled all the non bob mods and the same happened.

Note: I don't have bobs inserters enabled, when i do enable it on the error goes away.

Thanks
Error in logistics when inserters not installed.
I'll take a look.

EDIT:
Fixed, update released
I also have a Patreon.

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evandy »

Bob,

This one's been there for a while, but I just recently ran into it again... with modular roboports, if you leave a logistics extender unpowered long enough for it to go from flashing the yellow icon, to flashing the red "no power" icon, then even when you power it later it never actually charges up. You need to mine it & place it back on the map if this happens.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

evandy wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:05 am
Bob,

This one's been there for a while, but I just recently ran into it again... with modular roboports, if you leave a logistics extender unpowered long enough for it to go from flashing the yellow icon, to flashing the red "no power" icon, then even when you power it later it never actually charges up. You need to mine it & place it back on the map if this happens.
I just looked, the input flow limit is double that of the energy usage, so it should charge at the same rate it depletes after you reconnect power to it.
If that doesn't happen, assuming you aren't in a brownout situation, I'd lean towards it being a base game issue.
I also have a Patreon.

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evandy »

bobingabout wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:47 pm
evandy wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:05 am
Bob,

I just looked, the input flow limit is double that of the energy usage, so it should charge at the same rate it depletes after you reconnect power to it.
If that doesn't happen, assuming you aren't in a brownout situation, I'd lean towards it being a base game issue.
If it helps, here's a screenshot with debug info on.... I am not in a brown-out.
Screen Shot 2020-03-15 at 8.54.16 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-15 at 8.54.16 PM.png (1.77 MiB) Viewed 4423 times

Chapeau-Claque
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Chapeau-Claque »

While in the in-game updater, the change log for Bob's Logistics Mod is not available. The logs can be accessed for all of your other mods, but not this one.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Chapeau-Claque wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:13 pm
While in the in-game updater, the change log for Bob's Logistics Mod is not available. The logs can be accessed for all of your other mods, but not this one.
Thanks.
there must be some sort of error in the log file (when there's something wrong, it just doesn't load) I'll take a look.
I also have a Patreon.

TrepidChicken
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by TrepidChicken »

Game: 18.14 Mod version: 18.1
Inserter Adjustment mod crashes the save and pushes you back to the menu when you use the 'open inserter configuration GUI' but not when you use the built-in configurator in the top corner.
Crash Log:
Error while running event bobinserters::bob-inserter-open-gui (ID 158)
__bobinserters__/control.lua:1242: attempt to index local 'gui' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
__bobinserters__/control.lua:1242: in function 'open_gui'
__bobinserters__/control.lua:428: in function <__bobinserters__/control.lua:418>

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

TrepidChicken wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:25 pm
Game: 18.14 Mod version: 18.1
Inserter Adjustment mod crashes the save and pushes you back to the menu when you use the 'open inserter configuration GUI' but not when you use the built-in configurator in the top corner.
Crash Log:
Error while running event bobinserters::bob-inserter-open-gui (ID 158)
__bobinserters__/control.lua:1242: attempt to index local 'gui' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
__bobinserters__/control.lua:1242: in function 'open_gui'
__bobinserters__/control.lua:428: in function <__bobinserters__/control.lua:418>
I wasn't expecting this... turns out that the error was previously reported in general discussion.

It's a bug in the base game, the fix is to wait for 0.18.15.
There's a more detailed description of the error and a temporary fix here:
viewtopic.php?p=485328#p485328
Until 0.18.15 is released, the best thing to do is just avoid opening that GUI. it also opens on the left(top?) if you just click on an inserter to open it's GUI, but only crashed if you open it with SHIFT/CTRL + E. (can't remember what the default is, but it changed due to the old default being picked up as rotate backwards in the base game)
I also have a Patreon.

bouncebag
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bouncebag »

0.18.16 Fixed tank graphics, broken bobwarfare 18.2 and bobvehicleequipment 18.1
Attachments
Bob18.16.png
Bob18.16.png (24.27 KiB) Viewed 4215 times

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

bouncebag wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:25 pm
0.18.16 Fixed tank graphics, broken bobwarfare 18.2 and bobvehicleequipment 18.1
Looks like Factorio 0.18.16 changed something to do with tank graphics. I'll probably have to update the mod or something.

However, the game doesn't seem to crash for me... what settings are you using?
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”