[0.18.8]Error Loading Save for Old Scenario

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
AgentE382
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.18.8]Error Loading Save for Old Scenario

Post by AgentE382 »

1. I was in the menu to load a singleplayer game, clicking through old saves and looking at the version, scenario, and screenshot information to decide whether to keep them or delete them. Eventually, I clicked on the two attached saves in turn.
  2. The game stopped responding to input when I clicked either of the attached saves. When I Alt-Tabbed, I saw the following error message:
    Factorio Error Message.png
    Factorio Error Message.png (9.02 KiB) Viewed 614 times
    Once I closed the error dialog, the game rendered the save info screen for the save and resumed responding to input.
  3. I expected the game to continue as normal and didn't expect to see a Windows error dialog box.
The log and saves are attached. The attached full-screen screenshots show that after closing the dialog box, everything was fine. Note the text following "Scenario:".

Also, don't mind the "Activate Windows" prompt displayed in the screenshots. I'm mid-hardware-upgrade and will do it after completing all of the changes that will trigger that prompt again. This is the same legally-acquired retail copy of Windows 10 that I was running before beginning the upgrade.
Attachments
New Hope 2b After Closing Error Dialog.png
New Hope 2b After Closing Error Dialog.png (2.69 MiB) Viewed 614 times
New Hope 2 After Closing Error Dialog.png
New Hope 2 After Closing Error Dialog.png (2.69 MiB) Viewed 614 times
New Hope 2b.zip
(3.99 MiB) Downloaded 51 times
New Hope 2.zip
(3.93 MiB) Downloaded 48 times
factorio-current.log
(5.33 KiB) Downloaded 44 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.18.8]Error Loading Save for Old Scenario

Post by Loewchen »

Old campaign saves are only supported on factorio versions that actually contain the campaign.

Illiou
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.18.8]Error Loading Save for Old Scenario

Post by Illiou »

Loewchen wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:48 am
Old campaign saves are only supported on factorio versions that actually contain the campaign.
It should still not throw an out-of-game error message but handle this situation gracefully instead. It should especially not annoy you with error messages every time you just select a save.

I posted the same bug over here viewtopic.php?f=49&t=81568. And I don't understand why it was moved to Technical Help when it is clearly missing error handling.

Return to “Technical Help”