Friday Facts #320 - Color correction

Regular reports on Factorio development.
Drury
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #320 - Color correction

Post by Drury »

I desaturated everything in settings, but my main issue now is that everything has these artifacts now. You know, that grainy look of a picture that got oversaturated and then desaturated via filters.

XRovertoX
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by XRovertoX »

Is it possible to revert the "blue night" to the original one where it was just black? I find it quite annoying. It just doesn't turn into a night anymore, everything is just made blue. The map mode, where you could see a bit better thanks to the sort of night vision mode it provided is now useless, everything is just blue, map view, normal view, the only purpose lights serve is to unblue the night, because you can otherwise see, no lights needed.

So please, we need an option to turn this off, the atmosphere of the game was radically changed by this in a non subtle nor useful way.

Itemfinder
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Itemfinder »

I appreciate the lift in mid tone brightness, but the saturation, shoulder and toe enhancements are unwelcome.
Drury wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:47 pm
I desaturated everything in settings, but my main issue now is that everything has these artifacts now. You know, that grainy look of a picture that got oversaturated and then desaturated via filters.
Yeah.
XRovertoX wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:25 am
Is it possible to revert the "blue night" to the original one where it was just black? I find it quite annoying. It just doesn't turn into a night anymore, everything is just made blue. The map mode, where you could see a bit better thanks to the sort of night vision mode it provided is now useless, everything is just blue, map view, normal view, the only purpose lights serve is to unblue the night, because you can otherwise see, no lights needed.

So please, we need an option to turn this off, the atmosphere of the game was radically changed by this in a non subtle nor useful way.
Agree, but some blue is ok, a substantially more subtle amount. Better still would be desaturation biased more to the red and green channels, I forget the name of the phenomenon, and forgive me if it is already present, I only have a few hours in my 0.18 save. I do appreciate that I'm not liable to run into rocks or get stuck among trees in my car, while hunting biters or returning from a scouting trip at night. As long as it isn't that dark, darker is better.

Return to “News”