[0.12.x]Cartmen's Mods Information

Topics and discussion about specific mods
cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.10.X] Cartmen's Industrial Renewal Mod v0.4.1

Post by cartmen180 »

Airat9000 wrote:new version in bug

i have never seen that error before. Are you using other mods? What version of factorio do you have?
Last edited by cartmen180 on Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my mods

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

Degraine wrote:Yeah, I would've worked from the iron ore value but you included mineral ore in the melting recipe so I had to work from there to be totally consistent. Why is mineral ore included in some of the melting recipes anyway? I thought the idea was to remove impurities, but here we are, tossing a bunch of raw rocks back in. Speaking of which, could we get vanilla stone as a byproduct of separation? All the detritus has to go somewhere, after all...
The mineral ore included in the recipe is a placeholder for now. In the actuall iron ore processing they add a couple of minerals to react with the sulfates in the iron ore, this is currently represented by the mineral ore. But that will change!
Degraine wrote: Okay, so the new crushed ore smelting recipe is about 0.7 mineral per plate, which is roughly a 20% increase in yield over straight ore smelting. Not bad.
thnx :p
Degraine wrote: And liquid iron is 40/2.67 mineral, or 1/0.067. Soooo...

Code: Select all

1 Iron Gear = 1~ Mineral
1 Iron Pipe = 0.67 Mineral
1 Inserter Base/Arm = 0.53 Mineral
Significant improvement for gears, and pipes are just sliiightly more efficient to cast. Fair enough. One more suggestion I'd like to make? Add a plate casting recipe so it's easier to measure the exchange value. Eg. melting down iron plates gives X amount of liquid iron, but the crushed ore melting recipe gives a bonus amount, so everything stays consistent.
Smelting objects back to liquids will be included in the recycling update, not a high priority though.
Degraine wrote: Anyway, lets figure out steel's true mineral value. Lets start with the 5 iron plate recipe and the other ingredients for liquid steel.

1 Steel Plate = 5 Iron Plates = 3.5 Mineral

1 Nickel = 2.5 Mineral
1 Coal = 1 Mineral
Not looking good. However:

40 Liquid Steel = 50 Liquid Iron + 1 Nickel + 1 Coal = 3.35 + 2.5 + 1 = 6.85 Mineral
1 Steel Plate = 10 Liquid Steel = 1.7125 Mineral
Well! I was wrong. Okay, so that is considerably cheaper. Possibly too cheap? It works out to something like 2.5 iron to 1 steel exchange, which I like in Bob's, but I dunno if that's what you're aiming for. Up to you, of course.
Here nickel and coal are also a placeholder for nickelpowder and coal coke. So the actual value will change. Besides, the vanilla way of producing steel is a bit silly. Steel is nothing more than iron with just the right percentage of carbon.
So what i might do is increase the result to 50 liquid steel, but the coke and nickelpowder (and most likely crafting time) will increase in one way or another.
Check out my mods

Degraine
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Degraine »

You know, I was going to suggest coal coke, actually!
cartmen180 wrote:The mineral ore included in the recipe is a placeholder for now. In the actuall iron ore processing they add a couple of minerals to react with the sulfates in the iron ore, this is currently represented by the mineral ore. But that will change!
Okay, good to know.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

cartmen180 wrote:
Airat9000 wrote:в новой версии баг Image
я никогда не видел, что ошибка прежде. Вы используете другие моды? Какая версия factorio у вас есть?

newest 0.10.12
mods
vote mods
list in screenshot

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

My mod will probably not play nice with the other big mods like bob's and dytech, nor do i have any intention to make it work with those for now. Try it without dytech, f-mod and bob's and see if it gives the same error.

edit: i had a quick testrun with bob's mods (except ores). It works fine with them. No problem whatsoever.
Check out my mods

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

experimental version is available. It is not savegame compatible! you have to start a new game to use it!

- mineral fields all look the same but they are different, you now have to prospect deposits with your pickaxe to find out what kind of ore it is.
- added large blast furnace; no real functionality for it just yet
- added 2 new walls, cement wall and reinforced concrete wall (reinforced concrete wall does not have its own textures yet)
Check out my mods

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

cartmen180 wrote:экспериментальные версии. Это не savegame совместимы! вы должны начать новую игру, чтобы использовать его! - месторождений полезных ископаемых все выглядят одинаково, но они разные, теперь у вас есть проспект депозиты с вашей киркой, чтобы выяснить, какой из руды. - добавлен большой доменной печи; отсутствие реальных возможностей для всего, но - добавлены 2 новые стены, цементные стены и железобетонные стены (железобетонные стены не имеют собственных текстур пока)

all the modes work fine, that's how I put your mod just such an error. :cry: I can throw files mods assembly. Protests for error really spoils

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

Using 0.5 I'm getting different errors at Factorio startup. Tried a bunch of times now, I'm getting one of:
or
or

This is with just CartmenIndustries installed, no other mods.
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

Boogieman14 wrote:с помощью 0.5 я получаю разные ошибки в Factorio запуска. Пробовал кучу раз сейчас, я получаю один: Image или Image или Image это только CartmenIndustries установлен, никаких других модов.

exact same error, and you put Dysoh and other fashion writes that error I have described.

Degraine
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Degraine »

Is it feasible for ore fields to change icon once we've done sufficient research in refining their particular metal?

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

Degraine wrote:Is it feasible for ore fields to change icon once we've done sufficient research in refining their particular metal?
I have this planned but unfortunately icons cannot be changed during gameplay. The same goes for recipes and everything else basicly. I hope that this will be changed though.
Last edited by cartmen180 on Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my mods

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

Boogieman14 wrote:Using 0.5 I'm getting different errors at Factorio startup. Tried a bunch of times now, I'm getting one of:
or
or

This is with just CartmenIndustries installed, no other mods.
okay i am an idiot, i compiled the wrong version. I uploaded 0.5.1 and this one works.

i also put dysech and bob's mods as optional dependencies so this mod is loaded after those.
Check out my mods

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

0.5.1 works now (except I had to unzip it because the zipfilename and the name in the json didn't match)

And I think you may have gone a tiny bit overboard seeding the world with minerals :lol:

This is with terrain segmentation set to low and the rest default.
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

well holy ****, it is not supposed to be like that :p
i will look into this right now
Check out my mods

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

:lol:

Also, could you maybe add a recipe for a simple axe using wood and stone? My iron axes ran out before I had iron plates set up and it becomes a bit of a pain to do stuff with your bare hands :)

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

Boogieman14 wrote::lol:

Also, could you maybe add a recipe for a simple axe using wood and stone? My iron axes ran out before I had iron plates set up and it becomes a bit of a pain to do stuff with your bare hands :)
Good idea, i will include it in the next update.
Check out my mods

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

cartmen180 wrote:well holy ****, it is not supposed to be like that :p
i will look into this right now
i have identified the problem, it is the titanium and tungsten spawn controls. But the thing is that they are exactly the same as the one for copper. I have no clue what is causing this behaviour. So it will take a bit longer to find a solution :p

edit: I fixed the problem, version 0.5.2 is now available.
Check out my mods

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

cartmen180 wrote:
cartmen180 wrote:ну святой****это не должно быть так :p Я буду смотреть в этом прямо сейчас
я определил проблему, титана и вольфрама spawn controls. Но дело в том, что они точно так же, как и медь. Я не имею понятия, что именно является причиной такого поведения. Так что это займет немного больше времени, чтобы найти решение :p edit: я решил проблему, версия 0.5.2 теперь доступна.

I hope that the problem with other mods will be solved .. for your events like.

Degraine
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Degraine »

cartmen180 wrote:
Degraine wrote:Is it feasible for ore fields to change icon once we've done sufficient research in refining their particular metal?
I have this planned but unfortunately icons cannot be changed during gameplay. The same goes for recipes and everything else basicly. I hope that this will be changed though.
Ahhh, that's a pity. I assumed that was how things worked the first time I looked at the screenshots. Hope this is possible some time in the future!

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

Degraine wrote:
cartmen180 wrote:
Ahhh, that's a pity. I assumed that was how things worked the first time I looked at the screenshots. Hope this is possible some time in the future!
Oh i can make different resource spawners and put an option in the config to use whichever one you like.
I might even be able to tweak some values so you can set the sizes when starting a new game.
Check out my mods

Return to “Mods”