Moderator: pyanodon

Pridesfall
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: pY Alien Life - Discussion

Post by Pridesfall »

Me: "This mod isn't too bad so far."

Goes to setup some Kicalk for fiber. . . "Uh oh."

Ok. I need 0.2 Kicalk/sec. Great! I only need 3750 factories.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Pridesfall wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:30 pm
Me: "This mod isn't too bad so far."

Goes to setup some Kicalk for fiber. . . "Uh oh."

Ok. I need 0.2 Kicalk/sec. Great! I only need 3750 factories.
I'm only at the begining too same as u, but u must grow kicalk mk1 and u can use it as booster speed module in the kicalk plantations, so all kicalks must grow much faster :D
pyanodon wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:22 pm
aklesey1 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:15 am
Can't create "Nickel Encriched Biomass" in ralesia plantation - this building show that's recipe in unavailable - it looks like the building have only 1 pipe input/output but this recipe requires 2 pipes input/output - for tailings water to input and for waste water for output
niobium biomass is a guar thing. not a ralesia thing. I dont know how or why somehow its appearing in your ralesia plantation.
Niobium enriched biomass must look good, but i'm talking about nickel not about niobium
I'll atech a screenshot here later
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

mxpal
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mxpal »

trying to make ralesia. then I found I need cDNA, and all hell broke loose from there. ok so I need vrauks first, but the cocoon recipe need 7000s to craft...….? the crafting speed of the paddock is 0.01 which seems way wrong to me.

and there is no need to breed my first vrauks in the creature chamber..... the vrauks paddock can be built and run without the first specimen.

onk140
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by onk140 »

mxpal wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:27 pm
trying to make ralesia. then I found I need cDNA, and all hell broke loose from there. ok so I need vrauks first, but the cocoon recipe need 7000s to craft...….? the crafting speed of the paddock is 0.01 which seems way wrong to me.

and there is no need to breed my first vrauks in the creature chamber..... the vrauks paddock can be built and run without the first specimen.
You're not ready for PyAl )))) You're doing everything wrong.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Learn to play people, before play pyAL. Its written there.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

Squelch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Squelch »

It's not just Cryanodon, it's Cryanodon Angst Laden.

P.S. I'm loving the pain :D

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by septemberWaves »

mxpal wrote:

Here is the key piece of information that you (and everyone else here) need to understand in order to play with Alien Life: Animals and plants act as modules.

All animal and most plant facilities have such long default craft times because the creatures/plants associated with them are intended to be used as modules. Do yourself a favour and look up in your recipe viewer of choice "Vrauks Mk1"; you will see that it has a very large percentage speed boost associated with it. This is true of all animals and most plants, and the Mk level indicates the tier of module. The reason for this is that you are supposed to have these creatures in order to obtain more of them, and because buildings in Factorio cannot have a default speed of zero, this is how that is implemented. Yes, technically you can run farms without having the creature/plant already, but it will take you many hours of waiting that would be better spent doing something along the lines of making a data array and creating the first creature/animal to use as a module for accelerating your buildings. Once you have one "module" of a particular type, the building will produce more of them much faster.

The module effect also applies to recipes that do not output more of the type of animal/plant in question, such as the cocoon recipe; simply create your first vrauk, use it to breed more of them, and then use those to significantly increase the speed of all future vrauk paddocks.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this guy^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
pY Coal processing mod

Pridesfall
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pridesfall »

I'd like to add that I think we both knew to use the creatures/plants as modules, I know I did. I was just trying to express my surprise, a good surprise, at what was needed to get it working. I wasn't really going to build that many farms.

ToastStorm
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ToastStorm »

Found this mod great fun through red science and really liked the themes of these additions. Really fantastic work you do.

But the balancing at the wall at green science is a little to harsh I'd say, I think it's mainly the creatures fault, they are either too slow to produce or don't give enough payoff from making them. (And yes I've been using animals as modules)

So I did some math:
To get bonemeal, a vital part of green science, the ulrics craft to just bonemeal is the best way it seems

You get 6 bonemeal per ulric

Ulric corals can have up to 6 ulric 'modules' each at 2000% boost = Total 12,000% boost

With base craft speed of 0.01, you get a total of 1.21 craft speed

140s Base craft time for a caged Ulric (with food, the best recipe at that tech level) makes 114.7 secs per Ulric
But also only has 80% success rate so realistically its 114.7/0.8 = 143.4 secs per Ulric craft = 23.9s to make ONE bonemeal per coral

But then, to make each craft of bio sample 1 you need 10 Bonemeal, so with just one corral it would take 239s
with 10 Corrals 23.9s
with 100 Corrals 2.39s

so even with 100 Corals, you still barely get enough to have a reasonable flow of green science, and making and supporting 100 is way too much.

I love this mod for its complexity and difficulty, but making that much of a single building is just annoying. And sadly I don't think Ulrics are the only animals to have this problem, the yields from all other animals are pretty similar, and might suffer the same problems. I really want to use some of these cool new recipes, but they just don't make sense to build atm.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

YAY Nickel enriched biomass production in ralesia plantation is fixed :)
Pyanodon u and ur team are best - u nexela and kingarthur - thanks to all :P
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

mxpal
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mxpal »

onk140 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:22 pm
mxpal wrote:

You're not ready for PyAl )))) You're doing everything wrong.
if u do not know, I am probably the only guy who posted the image of "winning" the game, which means I made space science in quantum computing up to pyRO.
just didn't realise I am supposed to put the animal inside the paddock, no need to be harsh

Sarperen
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Sarperen »

Is pyCharts going to be updated for pyAL?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

not anytime soon
pY Coal processing mod

theblindironman
Inserter
Inserter

Post by theblindironman »

ToastStorm wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:41 pm
Found this mod great fun through red science and really liked the themes of these additions. Really fantastic work you do.

But the balancing at the wall at green science is a little to harsh I'd say, I think it's mainly the creatures fault, they are either too slow to produce or don't give enough payoff from making them. (And yes I've been using animals as modules)

~

I love this mod for its complexity and difficulty, but making that much of a single building is just annoying. And sadly I don't think Ulrics are the only animals to have this problem, the yields from all other animals are pretty similar, and might suffer the same problems. I really want to use some of these cool new recipes, but they just don't make sense to build atm.
I feel the purpose of making animal/plant buildings slow is to encourage developing my animals (and plants) to mk2 and on up. If I could just spam 100 ulric corrals (which I have) and it would suffice for the entirety of the game, it would make me lazy when it comes to investing in animal upgrades.

My personal experience is that I normally have a few (20+) hours where I have researched everything at my red science level before I can produce green science. Then green science is all researched and I have 100+ hours before I can start blue science. And then the c2 wall....This is where I am at now.

Py is not a single sitting victory. It is a long drawn out war of attrition to see if I have the resolve to set up a 100+ product lines before I give up.

ToastStorm
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ToastStorm »

theblindironman wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:19 pm

I feel the purpose of making animal/plant buildings slow is to encourage developing my animals (and plants) to mk2 and on up. If I could just spam 100 ulric corrals (which I have) and it would suffice for the entirety of the game, it would make me lazy when it comes to investing in animal upgrades.

My personal experience is that I normally have a few (20+) hours where I have researched everything at my red science level before I can produce green science. Then green science is all researched and I have 100+ hours before I can start blue science. And then the c2 wall....This is where I am at now.

Py is not a single sitting victory. It is a long drawn out war of attrition to see if I have the resolve to set up a 100+ product lines before I give up.
I would be a lot happier if you could work on the mk2 animals and plants that early, but as it stands, those are tier 4 science upgrades (pyScience packs and chemical science already required), so can't even work on them till a few 100 hours in.

But more than talking science, my point was the general recipe slowness, if you compare the de-atomization recipes to say the ground borer ones, and the infrastructure you need to back either up, the borehole takes the win by a mile, every time. I'm not asking for free handouts and an easy mod, I've enjoyed reaching chemical science in this mod before this release, but I want the alternative methods and recipes to actually be realistically viable, and at the moment I'd say they are not.

magals
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by magals »

wtf why so long time craft manure?
recipe auog-manure-2

2 min video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgkuFRm98Eo

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

learn to play. :roll: theres warnings in the mod portal page
pY Coal processing mod

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

magals wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:55 pm
recipe auog-manure-2

PY is right you forgot to add the animal-module inside the building ! it gives a +3500% speed boost i think

magals
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by magals »

immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:20 pm
magals wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:55 pm
recipe auog-manure-2

PY is right you forgot to add the animal-module inside the building ! it gives a +3500% speed boost i think
yes already figured out, but it was not obvious

Return to “PyMods”