Replaces resource spawning system, so that the distances between resources are much bigger. Railway is needed then.

Moderators: orzelek, Dark

dyllooo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by dyllooo »

Any idea when rso will be updated?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: 0.18

Post by orzelek »

It's up now.

Molay
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Molay »

I'd like to thank you for your continued support. This is one of the great mods of factorio, one of the essentials to go along with other mods.

Thank you ;)

Molay
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Molay »

I've come across a bug. Never noticed it before because I typically didn't do RSO deathworld... but when you set starting area to minimum (17%), RSO is not able to generate the starting ores. No iron or copper is available at spawn. Try first with an assorted collection of mods (no overhaul mods, mostly vanilla with angel's infinite ores, rampant and a couple QOL things. Tested again with only RSO active, and indeed there's still no ores spawning with a 17% starting area size.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Molay wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:31 am
I've come across a bug. Never noticed it before because I typically didn't do RSO deathworld... but when you set starting area to minimum (17%), RSO is not able to generate the starting ores. No iron or copper is available at spawn. Try first with an assorted collection of mods (no overhaul mods, mostly vanilla with angel's infinite ores, rampant and a couple QOL things. Tested again with only RSO active, and indeed there's still no ores spawning with a 17% starting area size.
I'm not sure whats going on and kind of on the fence should I investigate.
That kind of small starting area is pretty much equal to it being disabled - no space for stuff.

If I recall correctly RSO uses base starting area size of one region = 210 tiles square. With that small size it should leave about 36 tiles for resources - I think some generation logic might be getting confused especially if there is water there.

Molay
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Molay »

It's not a big deal if it's complicated to fix. Due to the random spawn location of starting ores (no preview) it's hard enough to get a viable start on 33% start area with rampant going as is. Just figured I'd let you know in case you're not aware. Having all the starting ressources spawn directly beneath the player on 17% would be quite amazing in doing a very challenging deathworld, but such a setup is probably antithetical to RSOs design goal and RSO user needs. I've got something good out of rerolling a few dozen times with 33% area, so I'd say save yourself the time :) perhaps it's good to know about it if at some point bug reports about not spawning starting ores roll in: that way you can quickly rule out minimum starting area as the culprit. Cheers, and thanks for your mod!

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Main problem with such tiny area is that RSO tries to make resources to not collide.
And since it places them randomly once your operational area gets small collision risk increases. Which means you need to roll a lot more random locations or try to add new algorithm to be less random and more situation aware.

Return to “Resource Spawner Overhaul”