Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by mrvn »

lovely_santa wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:18 pm
mrvn wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:25 am
Bazus1 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:04 am
Since you got the files from github why not open an issue there?
I could do that as well. Is this not the right forum to talk about Angel's mods?
You can talk. But there are many reasons why projects have issue trackers for bugs instead of forums. The right tool for the right job.
I just want to note that we do look here. Posting it here might result in someone else pointing you to something you overlooked and let you continue your playthrough. Github is accepted as well, but most people report it here on the forums. Either way is fine.
Sorry, din't mean to imply that posting issues here is pointless.

Mecejide
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mecejide »

I noticed that there are two different lithium chloride items.

macrofinite
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by macrofinite »

There appears to be a bug with the petri dish recipe. It requires glass but won't accept glass as an ingredient.

Seems like there might be 2 glass items somewhere. The glass in my inventory is modified by Bob's Metals, Chemicals, and Intermediates > Angel's smelting, while the glass in FNEI for the Petri Dish recipe is only modified by Angel's Smelting.

I'm on .18.6 with Angels bioprocessing 0.7.2 and bob's intermediates 0.18.1

Bearham
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Bearham »

Im running into an issue using the crawler truck on my bob/angel play through that seems weird. just starting to place my first bot network not based from the truck. sometimes bots that come from the truck decide to just leave the truck and go to the placed bot network? should they not come back to the truck? is there a way to make them come back to the truck only?

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

Mecejide wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:15 pm
I noticed that there are two different lithium chloride items.
Currently there is the lithium chloride from bobs (made from lithia water) and the lithia salt from angel (made from brown algae). I still have to convert lithium over to an angel process, but since it doesn't fully fit into angels metalurgy smelting yet, I just used bobs recipes (as it was in 0.17). There is no use for the lithia salt yet. I am planning on changing that after the refinery fix (where I will make smelting more dynamic).
macrofinite wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:03 am
There appears to be a bug with the petri dish recipe. It requires glass but won't accept glass as an ingredient.

Seems like there might be 2 glass items somewhere. The glass in my inventory is modified by Bob's Metals, Chemicals, and Intermediates > Angel's smelting, while the glass in FNEI for the Petri Dish recipe is only modified by Angel's Smelting.

I'm on .18.6 with Angels bioprocessing 0.7.2 and bob's intermediates 0.18.1
Thanks for the report, fixed it for the next release of bio processing.
Bearham wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:29 am
Im running into an issue using the crawler truck on my bob/angel play through that seems weird. just starting to place my first bot network not based from the truck. sometimes bots that come from the truck decide to just leave the truck and go to the placed bot network? should they not come back to the truck? is there a way to make them come back to the truck only?
Are you moving the vehicle around? This could be the issue, as then they could fly outside their zone, and then they might go to another nearby network. Otherwise, I think this is an issue that should be fixed by the base game, as there is nothing I (or any mod) can do about it...
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

Bearham
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Bearham »

lovely_santa wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:05 am
Bearham wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:29 am
Are you moving the vehicle around? This could be the issue, as then they could fly outside their zone, and then they might go to another nearby network. Otherwise, I think this is an issue that should be fixed by the base game, as there is nothing I (or any mod) can do about it...
I am moving the vehicle but not in that way. In fact you're right, it seems to happen the moment the crawler moves, even if i just move it 1 pixel, it seem to orphan all robots that it has dispatched(regardless of in/not in zone or even whether their job is/isnt within zone). Orphaned robots then look for a new home, which is why i was finding them in my other network. This doesnt seem to be a problem when there is no other existing bot network for some reason, which is why im only just now running into this. If the crawler is the only network, truck can be moved as much as I want and the robots dont get orphaned. I should also mention this is 0.2.0, i'm still on 0.17

ElizTriad
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ElizTriad »

A typo in the boiler recipe leads to a malfunction of another mod

https://github.com/Arch666Angel/mods/bl ... entity.lua

Code: Select all

--ELECTRIC BOILER
  {
    type = "recipe",
    name = "angels-electric-boiler",
    energy_required = 5,
    enabled = false,
    ingredients ={
      {"iron-plate", 10},
    },
    result= "angels-electric-boile",
  },
}
The author of the Schall Recipe Scaling mod helped to detect a mistake. The discussion was here. https://mods.factorio.com/mod/SchallRec ... 000e4559e9

behrooz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by behrooz »

It looks like at some point Bobingabout rebalanced the hydrogen gas fuel value from 2.7 MJ to 45.0KJ to reflect the fluid volume rescaling and ease of creating hydrogen from electrolysis, this should probably also be applied to Angel's to avoid exploits with the oil burning boiler.

...all l I really wanted to do was use the oil burning boiler to get rid of excess hydrogen since I didn't have flare stacks yet... and then I realized that it was powering most of my base without making a dent in the excess hydrogen from my single electrolyzer. :D

pezzawinkle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by pezzawinkle »

I take responsibility for that mess...
I will rebalance that, btw, how are the other "fuel gasses" balanced?
Listed as Issue #38 on github, should be in the next update.

FYI, to get those numbers i based them on methane as the default value, and used the mass based lower heating value... i "should" have used the volumetric one possibly... either way i will take a look.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

ElizTriad wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:30 pm
A typo in the boiler recipe leads to a malfunction of another mod

https://github.com/Arch666Angel/mods/bl ... entity.lua

Code: Select all

--ELECTRIC BOILER
  {
    type = "recipe",
    name = "angels-electric-boiler",
    energy_required = 5,
    enabled = false,
    ingredients ={
      {"iron-plate", 10},
    },
    result= "angels-electric-boile",
  },
}
The author of the Schall Recipe Scaling mod helped to detect a mistake. The discussion was here. https://mods.factorio.com/mod/SchallRec ... 000e4559e9
Thanks for the report. It is fixed for the next release.
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

behrooz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by behrooz »

pezzawinkle wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:42 am
I take responsibility for that mess...
I will rebalance that, btw, how are the other "fuel gasses" balanced?
Listed as Issue #38 on github, should be in the next update.

FYI, to get those numbers i based them on methane as the default value, and used the mass based lower heating value... i "should" have used the volumetric one possibly... either way i will take a look.
Got bored this afternoon, cobbled together some exporting and spreadsheeting to let me think about fuel_value balancing for full AngelBob's (standard cost).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

This is what I propose to try to balance the fluid fuel_values around existing solid fuel_values and existing recipes to try to normalize the energy you'd get after various conversions. Also with added pollution modifier guesses by me!

The spreadsheet is currently using these values, feel free to copy and play with it yourselves!

--- Proposed petrochem gases fuel_value reduced by 13x -- current values are wildly higher than the equivalent in other fuel sources ---
(ALL VALUES IN KJ)
gas-ethane 169
gas-methane 176
gas-butane 161
gas-propene 161
gas-methanol 70
gas-ethylene 169
gas-benzene 138 -- pollution 1.5x
gas-hydrazine 80 -- pollution 0.6x
gas-ethanol 92 -- pollution 0.8x

--- Proposed hydrogen and carbon rebalance, carbon because it doesn't make sense to gain +80% energy over coke and hydrogen because electrolysis is imba---
gas-hydrogen 30 -- pollution 0.1x
solid-carbon 2000

--- Proposed reduce oil liquids by 4x to fit with the gases and solid conversions better ---
liquid-naphtha 450 -- pollution 1.2x
liquid-fuel-oil 475
liquid-fuel 350 -- pollution 0.8x
crude-oil 475 -- pollution 1.4x

--- Mix of interpolation + real world values for these items that are combustible but do not have fuel_values in game to make recipes easier to compare and because it'd be cool! ---
gas-carbon-monoxide 120 -- pollution 0.6x
gas-synthesis 90 -- pollution 0.4x
gas-residual 50 -- pollution 1.2x
liquid-ngl 175
liquid-mineral-oil 390 -- pollution 1.2x
liquid-condensates 225 -- pollution 1.2x

Oh, and while we're looking at it, crushed-coal should probably inherit the 200% pollution modifier that non-crushed coal gets.

Trainwreck
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Trainwreck »

behrooz wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:43 am

This is what I propose to try to balance the fluid fuel_values around existing solid fuel_values and existing recipes to try to normalize the energy you'd get after various conversions. Also with added pollution modifier guesses by me!

--- Proposed reduce oil liquids by 4x to fit with the gases and solid conversions better ---
liquid-fuel-oil 475
I came up with similar values to these when setting fuel_values for 0.17 sea block. There are a few details in this post: viewtopic.php?p=424087#p424087
It wasn't too popular with players. Base game light oil has value of 1.2MJ (based on solid fuel recipe). Reducing this to ~500kJ for liquid-fuel-oil seemed like too much of a reduction.
So I doubled the fuel_value of the liquids (putting liquid-fuel-oil up to 1MJ), and halved the amount of fuel used to make solid fuel blocks, to keep the solid<->liquid conversion balanced.
That's the current state of fuel_values in sea block, it's a tricky task. Just thought I'd share my experience in case anyone in team Angel finds it useful.

MakeItGraphic
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MakeItGraphic »

Keep getting stuck on "Failed to load mods: File not found: __base__/graphics/entity/chemical-plant/hr-boiling-green-patch-mask.png"

I've tried a few different version of mods for Angels and it keeps coming up. Maybe it's not related to angels, only other conflicts are bob plates, and assembly.

Tried assembly nothing, not sure why plates would conflict :/

V.17.79, petrochem 8.6

MakeItGraphic
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MakeItGraphic »

Installed 18.6, have 25 mods. Angels, Bobs, Clowns, Space Mode, More Science, and getting error.
angel037.PNG
angel037.PNG (13.99 KiB) Viewed 4385 times
EDIT: deleted everything too much garbage.

The issue with this error is More Science, removing it fixes the problem.

EDIT: Some how just installing it last seems to bypass this error. MoreScience runs fine now.
Last edited by MakeItGraphic on Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:03 am, edited 3 times in total.

MakeItGraphic
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MakeItGraphic »

In the startup options Infinite Ores and Petrochem display "Unknown key:"

Edit: this all so effects refining for the last 5 keys
angel043.PNG
angel043.PNG (20.49 KiB) Viewed 4365 times
Last edited by MakeItGraphic on Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

sneakyRedPanda
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by sneakyRedPanda »

I'm running the latest versions of AngelBobs and the Bob's Electrolyser 2 is missing the petrochemicals section. It can only do metallurgy.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

makeitgraphic18 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:35 am
Installed 18.6, have 25 mods. Angels, Bobs, Clowns, Space Mode, More Science, and getting error.

angel037.PNG

EDIT: deleted everything too much garbage.

The issue with this error is More Science, removing it fixes the problem.

EDIT: Some how just installing it last seems to bypass this error. MoreScience runs fine now.
That indicates a missing (conditional) depends to fix the order in which mods are run.

pezzawinkle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by pezzawinkle »

Trainwreck wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:03 am
behrooz wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:43 am

This is what I propose to try to balance the fluid fuel_values around existing solid fuel_values...

liquid-fuel-oil 475
I came up with similar values to these when setting fuel_values for 0.17 sea block. There are a few details in this post: viewtopic.php?p=424087#p424087
It wasn't too popular with players. Base game light oil has value of 1.2MJ (based on solid fuel recipe). Reducing this to ~500kJ for liquid-fuel-oil seemed like too much of a reduction.
That's the current state of fuel_values in sea block, it's a tricky task. Just thought I'd share my experience in case anyone in team Angel finds it useful.
Sorry, should have followed up with this... I also did some spreadsheet work based on real fuel values... They are mostly inline in the 100-600kJ range. I have not touched the solid fuels as I didnt think they were too bad.
I noticed someone mention burning carbon dioxide and residual gas... I would like to slap that down very hard... We will look at how the other fluids go after that update.
I will make a note of the pollution modifier though.

kirazy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kirazy »

Hey Angels, per viewtopic.php?p=480799#p480799, your fluid definitions are omitting the crafting_machine_tint property, and as such all Chemical Plant animations are a generic flame color.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

makeitgraphic18 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:04 am
In the startup options Infinite Ores and Petrochem display "Unknown key:"

Edit: this all so effects refining for the last 5 keys
angel043.PNG
It doesn't show a localised description for me, so I cannot reproduce this (on the dev branch).. That error could only show up if the base game is forcing it somehow? What version of factorio where you running at the time? I'm on 0.18.8 and it's not showing a description when hovering over it.. Does it still occur with the latest release of factorio?
sneakyRedPanda wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:37 am
I'm running the latest versions of AngelBobs and the Bob's Electrolyser 2 is missing the petrochemicals section. It can only do metallurgy.
Thanks for the report. I've added it to the todo list. I'll get to it once I round up the refining overhaul.
kirazy wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:57 pm
Hey Angels, per viewtopic.php?p=480799#p480799, your fluid definitions are omitting the crafting_machine_tint property, and as such all Chemical Plant animations are a generic flame color.
I was aware of this. This is due to the same reason of bobs: it was introduced a while back, but didn't update it yet. I was thinking of setting the crafting_tint to the same tint of the main (output) fluid color. On the other hand, it would be nice if angels chemical plants would have some color effect as well, which I do want to implement. It will come at some point... I first want to get the 0.18 fully working before implementing new features.

Return to “Angels Mods”