Deadlocks Stacking for Pyanodons mods

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

YunoAloe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Deadlocks Stacking for Pyanodons mods

Post by YunoAloe »

I've added all items you mentioned as well as some others and recombined it in a way that wouldn't cause pycoaltbaa to weirdly lose the productivity module installation limitation, as it depends on using data or data-final-fixes. It still is broken for some reason for me, but not this mod. Your current version of mod doesn't work for me and produces the path error I mentioned earlier. This one works however.

Also I tried adding pycoaltbaa's renamed circuits, but they don't work since they're created in some special way. Normal circuits thus also aren't stackable with pycoaltbaa on.

Code: Select all

pycoal:
drill-head 2
--
filtration-media 1
--
zinc-chloride 1

pyro:
mega-drill-head 3
--
aramid (set 1 from 2)

pyht:
myoglobin 2
bones 1
meat 1
skin (was already present, set 1 from 2)
re-tin 2 (fixed name, set 2 from 3)
crco-alloy 2
--
nic-core 2
microchip 1
high-flux-core 2
heavy-p-type 2
graphene-sheet 2
fiberglass 2
epoxy 2
diode 1
reo (set 1 from 2)
ree-concentrate (set 1 from 2)
bisphenol-a 2
collagen 1
blood-meal 1
transistor 1
stone-wool 1
phenol (set 1 from 2)
pcb2 (set 1 from 2)
pcb3 (set 2 from 3)
pcb3-2 (set 2 from 3)
--
py-fertilizer 1

pyph:
belt 1
small-parts-01 1
small-parts-02 2
small-parts-03 2

pycoaltbaa:
angels-coil-glass-fiber 2 (not Py; tbaa)
angels-mono-silicon 1 (not py; tbaa)
cm-electronic-circuit 1 (fixed name)
cm-advanced-circuit 2 (fixed name)
cm-processing-unit 3 (fixed name)
Attachments
DeadlocksStacking5Pyanodon_0.1.20.zip
(7.94 KiB) Downloaded 201 times

The_Ghost
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by The_Ghost »

chrisdec wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:48 pm
YunoAloe wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:00 am
I did https://mods.factorio.com/mod/PyCoalTBa ... 000dbe8d22
It is not the only possible solution.
The migration not working is a separate thing though, looks like something with paths, perhaps you use linux?
no linux here its windows 10,
but thats very strange there is such differance between the names and its not working i hope andreas has a solution
I'm using linux. For the last version i haven't had any problems with migration. Is this still happening? If yes, could you provide a savegame and some more information about your environment?

Deadlock989 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:47 pm
chrisdec wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:23 pm
so you are saying we should convert our mod to icon size 64 in stead off icon size 32?
So you have two options:

1. Carry on as you are, not providing any icons, but making sure you specify the right size for the Py icons, and remembering that the Py guys have every right to change those icon sizes any time they want to;

or

2. Make your own custom icons so you have total control over the size, won't be messed up by changes in Py without you knowing, and giving much better FPS performance for people using this mod.
My personal TODO list contains Option 2. But the sheer amount of images (and my love for automation) forbids doing it by hand. I thought about using the code from your/shanemaddens mod for generating the images but doing it as part of my build script to get the best of both worlds: no ingame crashes, since the images already exists and fast fps with automated image generation at build time.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

For SeaBlock I added code to Deadlocks Stacking that generates (algorithmically) stacks for everything that

1) is not placable (no stacks of assemblers or belts)
2) has a stacksize > 10
3) isn't a stack already
4) doesn't have a stack already

I also generate new stacking techs to unlock the recipes that require the same science packs as recipes to create the respective items. So if some items requires red+green+blue science to create the stacking recipe is unlocked by a stacking tech requiring the same.

Would you be interested in this for PyBlock instead of managing a manual list of stuff to stack?

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

The_Ghost wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:23 am
My personal TODO list contains Option 2. But the sheer amount of images (and my love for automation) forbids doing it by hand. I thought about using the code from your/shanemaddens mod for generating the images but doing it as part of my build script to get the best of both worlds: no ingame crashes, since the images already exists and fast fps with automated image generation at build time.
The performance impact of layered icons is not that bad, considering there can be thousands of them on the screen at any one time, if you have any kind of PC that's built for gaming. But it effectively kills the FPS benefits of stacking in the first place. I can't find the quote but one of the Factorio devs has stated that having multi-layer icons on belts in large numbers is a bad idea. I would not have added the feature to the mod in the first place if I had fully appreciated that. Layered icons for recipes, no problem. Layered icons for items, far from ideal.

Another option to consider is learning something like ImageMagick scripting (ugh, but works) or Photoshop batch processing, which could produce a very similar effect but "bake" the icons into just one png. You would only have to set this up once, and then you could run it on any folder of icons you have, if new ones get added in future. That's the best "automated" option in my view, and this is a game about efficient automation after all.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Deadlock989 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:25 pm
The_Ghost wrote:
The performance impact of layered icons is not that bad, considering there can be thousands of them on the screen at any one time, if you have any kind of PC that's built for gaming. But it effectively kills the FPS benefits of stacking in the first place. I can't find the quote but one of the Factorio devs has stated that having multi-layer icons on belts in large numbers is a bad idea. I would not have added the feature to the mod in the first place if I had fully appreciated that. Layered icons for recipes, no problem. Layered icons for items, far from ideal.

Another option to consider is learning something like ImageMagick scripting (ugh, but works) or Photoshop batch processing, which could produce a very similar effect but "bake" the icons into just one png. You would only have to set this up once, and then you could run it on any folder of icons you have, if new ones get added in future. That's the best "automated" option in my view, and this is a game about efficient automation after all.
It would be nice if multi-layer icon could be rendered into a single layer when the game loads instead of having the GPU render the whole stack for every instance of the icon.

chrisdec
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by chrisdec »

mrvn wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:52 pm
Deadlock989 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:25 pm
The_Ghost wrote:

It would be nice if multi-layer icon could be rendered into a single layer when the game loads instead of having the GPU render the whole stack for every instance of the icon.
i have downloaded photoshop and about to install it,
my question now is it possible to have three or five same icons looking like its stacked,
also i would like to have a code for using the stacked icons in to the mod
any help is welcome

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

chrisdec wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:18 am
i have downloaded photoshop and about to install it,
my question now is it possible to have three or five same icons looking like its stacked,
also i would like to have a code for using the stacked icons in to the mod
any help is welcome
1. Yes, it is possible. It won't look good for every icon but if it's a reasonably horizontal object it might look OK. Google how to use macros and also applying macros with batch file processing. Alternatively I have given a rough Python code example on the main beltboxes thread if you prefer scripting it in Python instead.

2. See the readme.md for API instructions. An example of a mod which uses the graphic path parameter is bilbo99's stacked recipes mod.

chrisdec
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by chrisdec »

mod has been updated for 0.18
one minor thing is that stacked icons for circuits are wrong

Morcam
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Morcam »

Hmmm I'm getting a crash when attempting to add this into an existing game that already had beltboxes added. This seems like the relevant part of the logs? Is this just not supported? It could be something else in my mods, I can give a full list if you need.

110.446 Applying migration: Deadlock's Stacking for Pyanodon: deadlock-stacking-for-pyanodon-0.1.15.lua
110.488 Applying migration: Deadlock's Stacking for Pyanodon: shared.lua
110.584 Error AppManagerStates.cpp:1455: Error while applying migration: Deadlock's Stacking for Pyanodon: shared.lua

__DeadlocksStackingForPyanadon__/migrations/shared.lua:5: module .pycoalprocessing not found; no such file __DeadlocksStackingForPyanadon__/migrations/pycoalprocessing.lua no such file __core__/lualib/pycoalprocessing.lua
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'require'
__DeadlocksStackingForPyanadon__/migrations/shared.lua:5: in main chunk
177.205 Loading level.dat: 5085820 bytes.
177.206 Info Scenario.cpp:187: Map version 0.18.6-0

chrisdec
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by chrisdec »

Morcam wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:08 am
Hmmm I'm getting a crash when attempting to add this into an existing game that already had beltboxes added. This seems like the relevant part of the logs? Is this just not supported? It could be something else in my mods, I can give a full list if you need.

110.446 Applying migration: Deadlock's Stacking for Pyanodon: deadlock-stacking-for-pyanodon-0.1.15.lua
110.488 Applying migration: Deadlock's Stacking for Pyanodon: shared.lua
110.584 Error AppManagerStates.cpp:1455: Error while applying migration: Deadlock's Stacking for Pyanodon: shared.lua

__DeadlocksStackingForPyanadon__/migrations/shared.lua:5: module .pycoalprocessing not found; no such file __DeadlocksStackingForPyanadon__/migrations/pycoalprocessing.lua no such file __core__/lualib/pycoalprocessing.lua
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'require'
__DeadlocksStackingForPyanadon__/migrations/shared.lua:5: in main chunk
177.205 Loading level.dat: 5085820 bytes.
177.206 Info Scenario.cpp:187: Map version 0.18.6-0
Hello, this should work now i have fixed it

Morcam
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Morcam »

chrisdec wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:09 am
Hello, this should work now i have fixed it
Yup, works perfectly. Thanks!

onk140
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by onk140 »

error after update PyAl ...not load Deadlock's Stacking Beltboxes & Compact Loaders

Deadlock's Stacking for Pyanodon disabled ....everything works

chrisdec
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by chrisdec »

onk140 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:44 pm
error after update PyAl ...not load Deadlock's Stacking Beltboxes & Compact Loaders

Deadlock's Stacking for Pyanodon disabled ....everything works
i had troubles to ill check it out today

chrisdec
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by chrisdec »

mod currently not working we are resolving this quick as possible

chrisdec
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by chrisdec »

everything is working again so you can play with Py Alien Life now thanks to shanemadden

billbo99
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by billbo99 »

Using some code that Deadlock gave me I have a pythons script for creating 42 variations in stacked images. I found different icons look better in different layout's.

However reading the Licence for "Pyanodons" (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) it would appear that the "ND" would prevent anyone from making these icons and publishing them in a mod.

So we are stuck with in-game layed icons unless 'pyanodon' makes the stacked icons for deadlock beltboxes to use.

PS Please correct me if I am wrong in my understanding of the license.

chrisdec
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by chrisdec »

billbo99 wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:29 pm
Using some code that Deadlock gave me I have a pythons script for creating 42 variations in stacked images. I found different icons look better in different layout's.

However reading the Licence for "Pyanodons" (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) it would appear that the "ND" would prevent anyone from making these icons and publishing them in a mod.

So we are stuck with in-game layed icons unless 'pyanodon' makes the stacked icons for deadlock beltboxes to use.

PS Please correct me if I am wrong in my understanding of the license.
yes you are correct billbo99,
but The Ghost ( mod owner ) has hopefully send pyanodon a request to use his icons due to the licence
i would also prefer using his icons to make a stacked version off them
ps great work on helping shanemadden to make his mod working again

billbo99
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by billbo99 »

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

chrisdec
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by chrisdec »

wow these are very nice :shock:

The_Ghost
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by The_Ghost »

billbo99 wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:29 pm

You are partly correct. As chrisdec already pointed out we asked pyanodon if we could include stacked versions of the icons into our mod. As he is the icons copyright holder he is obviously free to share the icons to different people using different licences. So there is no need to change his mods licence, it is sufficient that he agrees to this usage individually. And he did, under the condition the derived icons are only released under the same licence as his mod (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0). So we will include stacked licences into the next version which will release after some final tests, hopefully today.

Return to “PyMods”