Broader Range of In-Game Configuration

Ideas that are too old (too many things have changed since) and ones which won't be implemented for certain reasons or if there are obviously better suggestions.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

MakeItGraphic
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Broader Range of In-Game Configuration

Post by MakeItGraphic »

Just a few things I notice missing (least for me) while playing.

- Ability to edit crafting menu
- Change menu icons
- Add menus
- Remove menus
- Move recipes to different lines, or menus
- Hide recipes (toggle, show hidden)

- When highlighting a recipe you don't have enough ingredients for highlight the ones you do in your inventory

- Ability to relocate tags on the map by dragging them

The crafting menu stuff I know you can do through a mod, or by editing the existing mods but it's tedious.]

The last two are just QoL.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Broader Range of In-Game Configuration

Post by Rseding91 »

I don't really understand what you're asking for but at first glance it seems like none of those are ever going to happen. The entire game is just not built around those ever being a thing.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

MakeItGraphic
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MakeItGraphic »

Rseding91 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:45 pm
I don't really understand what you're asking for but at first glance it seems like none of those are ever going to happen. The entire game is just not built around those ever being a thing.
A modular crafting interface. So you can create your own list, without having to manually do it through a data file in a mod. For example next to the search function icon could be a pencil for edit so you could modify the menus.

It's fine if that won't happen natively, but hypothetically does the modding interface allow for modifying the GUI to add new functions like this? That way someone could potentially add the functionality I'm talking about.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

makeitgraphic18 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:40 pm
It's fine if that won't happen natively, but hypothetically does the modding interface allow for modifying the GUI to add new functions like this? That way someone could potentially add the functionality I'm talking about.
No it does not. Those GUIs and the logic to make them work are incredibly complicated and fragile. Mods don't have access to any of that logic.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

MakeItGraphic
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MakeItGraphic »

Rseding91 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:19 pm
makeitgraphic18 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:40 pm
No it does not. Those GUIs and the logic to make them work are incredibly complicated and fragile. Mods don't have access to any of that logic.
Aw, that's fine. Thanks for taking your time to respond. Will have to stick to doing it all manually. Or could create a third-party application that has a mock UI that could write all those settings into a mod file.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] The devs said never, moving this to won't implement.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Outdated/Not implemented”