[0.17.X] Not a bug but something that can be prevented.

Bugs that are actually features.
JaJe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.17.X] Not a bug but something that can be prevented.

Post by JaJe »

Today, when I was looking to my streamable videos I found an old video of mine with this situation and I was thinking that is a good idea to show you.

Basically you start the game on a spawn area. Instead on starting building near my spawn area, I decided to go far away to start my base, while ignoring biters they expanded to my spawn area. Now this is normally not an issue but if it's something to take in consideration. If I die, I get spawnkilled by biters like in the video below.
Isn't this a good reason to let the player select the spawn area to prevent this issue or when the player move the started base to somewhere far away from original area and dies have to walk a lot back to the new base.
Normally this can be solved with a command line. But my suggestion is to implement a simple button or some other GUI to be even simple to do so.
This can be a situation very frustrating for someone who probably have spend hours on the current game just to not be able to continue while having auto-save off like me to not have any interruption while the game autosaves even for a second which can be a bit annoying every few minutes or worse, the game autosaves exactly on the wrong time.

What do you think?

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.17.X] Not a bug but something that can be prevented.

Post by steinio »

Well if Factorio would have like a hub as home you could move it and player would respawn at it.
Not sure where this idea comes from :shrug:

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

there is a building to change the spawn point but it's not given a graphic or recipe and maaaaybe they want to do this before 1.0? i sure hope so. running away from the base in the beginning shouldn't be seen as the alt way of playing with rolling the dice on the map generator being the default. it can be more exciting.

JaJe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by JaJe »

ptx0 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:24 pm
there is a building to change the spawn point but it's not given a graphic or recipe and maaaaybe they want to do this before 1.0? i sure hope so. running away from the base in the beginning shouldn't be seen as the alt way of playing with rolling the dice on the map generator being the default. it can be more exciting.
Why not having multiple spawn areas to choose after you die for example?

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

this is how the Space Exploration mod works.

Return to “Not a bug”