Show general direction of alert on minimap and full map

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Show general direction of alert on minimap and full map

Post by Boogieman14 »

Alerts are displayed on both the minimap and the full map, but both only for the currently displayed area. It would be helpful if any alerts outside of the visible area were still displayed with an icon on the very edge of either minimap or full map to indicate the general direction the alert is in.
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

pyrolytic_tungsten
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Show general direction of alert on minimap and full map

Post by pyrolytic_tungsten »

Sounds like a good idea but perhaps an arrow or triangle of the appropriate color ( red object destroyed, yellow turret attacking, etc) at the edge instead of an icon would be better to minimize confusion. Also off map alerts should be grouped up a bit so you don't get overlapping arrows.

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

Yeah, good point, arrows to indicate the direction would be better. Perhaps grouped down to cardinal and ordinal directions (so N, NE, E, SE,...), that's plenty of information to know in which direction to scroll to catch the event as it's happening.
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

DerivePi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DerivePi »

Great idea!

ofca
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Off-map inidicators for events.

Post by ofca »

basically similar -- ssilk

The subject says it all - if alerted event happens far away it isn't displayed on map in any way, which could be confusing if another event is close by. Such an event could be indicated by marker close to minimap's edge with an arrow.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”