Moderator: pyanodon

Squelch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: pY Alien Life - Discussion

Post by Squelch »

pyanodon wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:13 pm
well... for all this time the py suite was always considered a mod pack for advanced players. Newcomers can always play less complex suites we all known already or s combination if them. Someone who wanna try my mods at first and with bitters will sure be scared out.

Also, that suite ISNT MADE TO BE PLAYED WITH BITTERS. Maybe in the future if my balls resist. :lol:

Another thing people are forgeting is my mods are modular. You can tone down the difficulty by NOT playing with the full suite. pyAL will requiere almost all py mods, and if you play the full suite, things will be even more complex, a master level of madness. Same happened when i launched pyHT, its optional and will make the game super complex, specially the electronic part. Now its time to the organic part get their complexity. Its not a begginer add on, if youre starting py mods now, play with pycp, pyindustry, pyfe only..maybe phph if you want.. but leave pyRO, pyHT and pyAL for eventual raise of complexity.

Of course, some stuff will be balanced and it is being now, but the red science is that way and if you think red is hard, wait until blue or purple hehehe. All pyAl buildings absorbs pollution and the whole mod is a huge, massive positive loop, so, its intended to start very harsh.

Otaku is showing the results of almost a year of dedication, process and concept aiming for what it was intended at first, py is hard.
Amen

Watching someone else play is never the same as doing it oneself. We all have our own ways of doing things, so it brings a little prick of frustration knowing it is so close, yet still out of reach.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Ok, thanks for the clarification.

So, to be super-sure : the interactions with biters -
(and I guess overall pollution balance, because otherwise, why bother ?)
- have been postponed from PyAL's release to instead a later date, if ever ?

And the officially recommended "Py newbie" modpack being "only" :
1 - Pyanodons Coal Processing (graphics)
2 - Pyanodons Industry (no separate graphics mod... yet ?) (thanks BTW for, unlike Angel's Industries, making it independent of other Py mods !)
3 - Pyanodons Fusion Energy (graphics) [requires PyCoal]
6 - Maybe Pyanodons Petroleum Handling (graphics) [requires PyCoal/Ind/Fus]

And the "advanced players pack", featuring more than just the vanilla ores and all the craziness involved, also features :
4 - Pyanodons Raw Ores (graphics) [requires PyCoal/Ind]
5 - Pyanodons HighTech (graphics) [requires PyCoal/Fus]
7 - Pyanodons Alien Life [unreleased yet]

(And all of the above except Py Fusion Energy require Factorio Standard Library, currently developed by Nexela.)

P.S.: I was afraid that it would be too hard for you to actually support these mods separately...
But then I often recommend people to start with Bob's mods leaving out Bob's electronics.
(Or with Angel's Refining alone, with vanilla ores.)
Even though a lot of them still jump straight from their first vanilla game to full AngelBob / Sea Block ! :D
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Squelch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Squelch »

As already mentioned, pollution control is the key when playing with biters on, so reading that PyAl buildings have this in mind already is great to know even if not intended as such.

I did say I have peaceful mode on which is incorrect. I do have to manage pollution to prevent biter attacks as an added difficulty, but that is also aided by the large starting area and low time driven evolution. Something else that possibly makes life a little easier, is using Alien Biomes. That mod does break up how pollution spreads to some extent due to the fine grained biome distribution.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Oh yeah, I should have mentioned Alien Biomes, though AFAIK Earendel still tries to stick close to vanilla balance ?
(Except for the player movement speed reduction on sand - it makes fighting biters there extremely hard without laying down some other tiles first !)

Alien Biomes is amazing, I use it in ALL my modded games ! (Well, except for those like Sea Block / Diggy of course...)
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

BlueTemplar wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:42 pm
stuff
Yes!
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

DarkyPupu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DarkyPupu »

Squelch wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:57 pm
As already mentioned, pollution control is the key when playing with biters on, so reading that PyAl buildings have this in mind already is great to know even if not intended as such.

I did say I have peaceful mode on which is incorrect. I do have to manage pollution to prevent biter attacks as an added difficulty, but that is also aided by the large starting area and low time driven evolution. Something else that possibly makes life a little easier, is using Alien Biomes. That mod does break up how pollution spreads to some extent due to the fine grained biome distribution.
Like you said. I try also with bitters and i don't hold Py any grudge if (when) i get rolled over :lol:
In addition to what you said about AB, not putting concrete on ground helps a lot to control pollution (at price of running speed). When you have concrete all over, pollution just won't be absorbed by ground anymore.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Were getting close people :D

pY Coal processing mod

Bobblybook
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Bobblybook »

Damn it! I've been waiting for the last week to start a playthrough of full Py mods, I got so excited when I saw this post and thought it was a release notice :(
Hopefully not long to go now! Can't wait.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

I like it i want it
Complexity of py mods looks like serious challenge :D
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Mella
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mella »

Its 99% complete of PYAL now?

chrisdec
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by chrisdec »

Mella wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:29 pm
Its 99% complete of PYAL now?
not quite yet otaku showboat got lots off crashes today in his stream

Zemoff
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zemoff »

Mayby we can get empty mod to start new game and update it later for existing map?

Sopel
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sopel »

Zemoff wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:24 pm
Mayby we can get empty mod to start new game and update it later for existing map?
that's not how this works

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Sopel wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:02 pm
Zemoff wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:24 pm
that's not how this works
The suggestion by Sopel is identical to the following: Just start a new map without pyAL. When pyAL becomes available, download and activate it, load the save. You can start a new map right now. Nobody is stopping you.

However, as Zemoff said, you most likely want to wait for pyAL to make use of it in the early game. Which you cannot, if pyAL is either not active, or is just an empty mod that does nothing.

Zemoff
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zemoff »

I saw new res in pyal, not sure how regen 1 res after pyal relise

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by septemberWaves »

I have a minor suggestion: a blood-splattered version of the limestone tile, for decorating around things like slaughterhouses.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Having some fun at least.

pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

I began to think that the PYAL is biggest mod in all py mods family, even bigger than PYHT or PYRO :D
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

mutkanum
Inserter
Inserter

Post by mutkanum »

Man... you are killing me... I need that mod... Your work seems awesome! Give it to us soon… we are suffering...

Kino_
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kino_ »

aklesey1 wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:49 am
I began to think that the PYAL is biggest mod in all py mods family, even bigger than PYHT or PYRO :D
It’s getting daunting with how many new tech things there’s going to be added. Started a pyMods game a few days ago and put it on hold until I can restart with alien life. Very excited to see the finished product

Return to “PyMods”