[Rseding] [0.18.0] Filter inserter teleports items out of train on the other side of the map

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Roani52
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[Rseding] [0.18.0] Filter inserter teleports items out of train on the other side of the map

Post by Roani52 »

I'm using a train to automatically supply a remote location of military stuff (a little bit modified version of the KoS Wall Repair Supply Station blueprint). I wanted to borrow some walls out of the chest, and to my big surprise they get immediately replenished by the filter inserter. Initially I thought it was pulling it out of nothing, but the original station did have to be replenished by bots.
After repeating it a couple times I noticed that it seems to pull it out of the train. This train is supposed to leave on its own once the station requesting items gets enabled, however, the train never left the original station that sources the items!
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(8.13 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
Filter inserter transfering walls from 'nothing'.
Filter inserter transfering walls from 'nothing'.
Screenshot 2020-01-22 00.02.44.png (2.45 MiB) Viewed 3948 times
Train being supplied simultaneously at the base station. Train should hold 700 walls, but shows here an inventory of 698.
Train being supplied simultaneously at the base station. Train should hold 700 walls, but shows here an inventory of 698.
Screenshot 2020-01-22 00.04.32.png (4.11 MiB) Viewed 3948 times

Roani52
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [Rseding] [0.18.0] Filter inserter teleports items out of train on the other side of the map

Post by Roani52 »

Here you go
Attachments
FreePlay2_bug.zip
(10.79 MiB) Downloaded 121 times

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Rseding] [0.18.0] Filter inserter teleports items out of train on the other side of the map

Post by boskid »

I think this may be related to 79224

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Do you have any way to reproduce this from a known working state? As soon as I tell the train to drive away from that stop it fixes itself which makes no sense because the train moving should in itself clear every inserter trying to interact with it.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

ruspartisan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ruspartisan »

I have a similar problem, but it's with LTN+LTN Combinator mod active. Inserters load items in two trains at the same time: one at the station, one at the LTN depot. I know it's a modded game, but I don't think the problem is because of the mod. First I asked mod developer about the bug, and he sent me here.
Saves are here: viewtopic.php?p=474652#p474652

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Ok, it's now fixed for the next version of 0.18. It was a 0.17 and earlier save loaded into 0.18 issue.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Roani52
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Roani52 »

Ah great!
I haven't been able to get around to checking whether I could reproduce it, so apologies for not replying to that. But yea, I had the sneaky suspicion that it would be a one-time thing with updating factorio. Thanks for patching and keep up the good work :)

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”