(0.18) ghosts weirdness (no bug.. sorry my fault)

Bugs that are actually features.
ownlyme
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

(0.18) ghosts weirdness (no bug.. sorry my fault)

Post by ownlyme »

not sure if this is intentional, because it seems to fix my other request viewtopic.php?f=23&t=71527 ("blueprint allies"),
but when i place a ghost by script and assign a force, and that force is not "enemy" (which all ghosts currently run under), the ghost will be invisible and ignored by bots.
i'm kinda liking this change because it also means that you can give every player his own force (to make use of individual modifiers and stuff) and let them work together...
but actually in pvp scenarios i could see a flaw with this, so it might be better if it worked according to the suggestions i made in my other thread
Last edited by ownlyme on Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mods.factorio.com/user/ownlyme
My requests: uiAbove||Grenade arc||Blueprint allies||Creeps forget command/ don't get removed||Player Modifiers||textbox::selection||Better Heat IF||Singleplayer RCON||tank bug w/ min_range >= projectile_creation_distance

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: (0.18) ghosts weirdness

Post by Rseding91 »

You can set the force when using create_entity by just setting force = ... - no need to set it after creating.

Also, that's working correctly: ghosts of other forces are never shown.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

ownlyme
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: (0.18) ghosts weirdness

Post by ownlyme »

oohh wait
i think i changed my force when i tested it..
sorry.. really embarassing
mods.factorio.com/user/ownlyme
My requests: uiAbove||Grenade arc||Blueprint allies||Creeps forget command/ don't get removed||Player Modifiers||textbox::selection||Better Heat IF||Singleplayer RCON||tank bug w/ min_range >= projectile_creation_distance

Return to “Not a bug”