Mulpiplayer lags

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
DenVany
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Mulpiplayer lags

Post by DenVany »

Hi, this is my first topic here. When I play with my friends via Steam I have periodical 254 ticks latency or just "server doesn't answering" error. I have seen post on Reddit about this problem (here is the link: https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... layer_lag/), but I don't think shared network the point of my lags, because I can play when everybody in my home sleep but lags doesn't disappear. I was trying to play with peolpe in my country and nearest to me countries but lags everywhere (one man from log western then me for 1 hour and another eastern for 4 hours). Speedtest is fine, ping about 5 ms maximum. Packet lost is 0%. I have Internet connection by Ethernet (LAN cabel), my router input by optical cable, near 500 Mb/s. Routers antenna is integrated, router located in 2 rooms from me. Was trying to connect both via Wi-Fi and Ethernet.
Speedtest via Ethernet
Speedtest via Ethernet
Unnamed.png (21.21 KiB) Viewed 666 times
Speedtest via 5G Wi-Fi
Speedtest via 5G Wi-Fi
Unnamed.png (19.19 KiB) Viewed 666 times
Speedtest via 2.4G Wi-Fi
Speedtest via 2.4G Wi-Fi
Unnamed.png (20.06 KiB) Viewed 666 times
Thats happens on vanilla and with modes (I tryed Bob & Angelo and also Krastorio - both have lags too). If needed I can attach saves but now don't see reason because it depends on network. Logs will be lower.
factorio-previous.log
Previous game
(623.65 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
factorio-current.log
Game with mate from nearest country
(365.89 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
Screenshots will be made and posted later(today evening). In singleplayer everythink is good. My hardware of laptop Acer Aspire 5 A515-51G-594W: Intel i5-7200U 2 core 4 threads up to 3.1 GHz (unparked), NVIDIA GeForce 940 MX with dedicated 2 GB VRAM, SSD for 500 GB (was HDD for 1 TB but I changed it), 4 + 8 GB RAM Hynix 2133 MHz (was 4 + 2 2133MHz, also changed), Wi-Fi adapter Qualcomm 802.11ac, Gigabit Ethernet. Network cabel 10 meters cathegory 5. Windows 10 (version 1809) - latest for writing this topic. System was cleaned from trash on this week. Nobody uses Netflix, downloads or does something else. Setuped guest network but now its empty. Channel of Wi-Fi 2.4 GHz was changed to the most free and fastest, multicast is on now. Router also GPON (Digital TV through it goes too) but at the moment of game was switched off. Nobody said about high ping or "server doesn't answering" error from their side. Discord also was running but was working perfectly and clear.
Wi-Fi Scan
Wi-Fi Scan
Unnamed.png (230.87 KiB) Viewed 666 times
Save is about less 10 hours,
_autosave1.zip
Save with less then 10 hours
(11.63 MiB) Downloaded 51 times
another save for 29 hours
RJD.zip
Save with 29 hours
(8.2 MiB) Downloaded 46 times
and this problem only on my side. Version 0.17.79, stable. Also changed DNS server to lowest ping. If needed any other information I can drop. Please help and thanks for reading)
Attachments
config.ini
Config
(26.83 KiB) Downloaded 45 times

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Mulpiplayer lags

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Moved to Technical Help
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Is this a recent or a general problem?
Steam had issues the past days so it might simply be that.

DenVany
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by DenVany »

I have lags but now amount of them is lower. We tried server and all works fine. When I try to connect to my friends (not to server) it lags. Thats strange because server in Netherlands which far away from me and them and with mods it works better then connect vanilla factorio straight.

Return to “Technical Help”