Balancer 1:12

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
StarShell
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Balancer 1:12

Post by StarShell »

Guys i need your brains. I need balancer that would balance items from one belt to another 12.
I have one belt with iron and i need to split it to another 12 belts but i need it balanced so my furnaces are most efficent.
Thx for help. <3

noliVe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Balancer 1:12

Post by noliVe »

really? from 1 to 12 ? i mean thats totally not worth it building because belts have limited items

still heres the best thing you can build .... 10 seconds thinking
1to12.PNG
1to12.PNG (352.74 KiB) Viewed 6496 times

theolderbeholder
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by theolderbeholder »

A compressed blue input would yield a dozen 50% yellow lanes. Could be useful for some wierd sushibelting. For iron, tough, scaling down is definitly a most uncommon way to play this game. Most players go by: too much is never enough.

Premu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Premu »

Is it for quick loading on a train?

For these I have this 1:6 Splitter for one sided loading. You could simply use two of those to get 1:12 if necessary somehow.
20200119200922_1.jpg
20200119200922_1.jpg (884.48 KiB) Viewed 6471 times

astroshak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by astroshak »

StarShell wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:20 pm
Guys i need your brains. I need balancer that would balance items from one belt to another 12.
I have one belt with iron and i need to split it to another 12 belts but i need it balanced so my furnaces are most efficent.
Thx for help. <3
It takes 48 Stone Furnaces to eat a full Yellow Belt of ore.
It takes 48 Steel/Electric Furnaces to eat a full Red Belt of ore.
It takes 72 Steel/Electric Furnaces to eat a full Blue belt of ore.

Why would you want to split a belt into 12 others? Is each of the others leading to only 4 or 6 furnaces?

I could see wanting to balance 12 belts so that if only one smelting column needs ore, that ore is taken equally from all 12 belts. But splitting one belt into 12? That’s ... different.

ABAUMINATION
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: 1:1(3) Balancer 2; Electric boogaloo

Post by ABAUMINATION »

I actually didn't want to have to ever think about yellow science again so I wanted a product that ORIGINALLY gave 100 yellow science a min. However the copper plot i found didn't have enough room for the 138 drills it would've needed (I could only fit 108). This would be enough if PERFECTLY balanced (and with 2 drills on each of the 9 lanes having 2 level 2 speed mods) to convert to exactly 138's worth of copper. However, I also need copper for other materials for the science but since there wasn't enough copper, I had to split it off the same bunch. Long story short, I needed to split my 108 drills to split to 78 smelters (with the additional 30 ish being used for the other projects with a LITTLE load balancing on the 3 heading out). So I actually had to make a 6 to 78 load balancer which, luckily, not only does that perfectly work out to 1:13, but BLUF Gaming made a handy 6 lane balancer. Then I just had to come up with a system that loaded the 13 lanes semi evenly. So I needed a 9 to 6 runoff with 3 extra (semi balanced) lanes, and then take those 6 lanes to split into 78 semi equally. This beauty right here gets ya about as even a 9:6 to a 6:78 (six 1:13 splits) that you can get with about an hours worth of janky fiddling around online. The 13 splitters aren't completely even but it's literally what I came up with in about 3 minutes. This is enough copper to get 70 yellow a minute, so not exactly the best, but I only wanted to look up the 6 lane balancer. I know people out there probably have better yellow science factories and mine CLEARLY isn't fully done yet, this is just the copper contraption I was able to come up with for the plates and wire that's required to make the other components. Now off to the Iron. Wonder what i'm gonna have to make for that one? xD Be gentle as I haven't played this game in years so i'm EXTREMELY rusty. String/Blueprint below (for anyone crazy enough to have a use for this thing) Also hope the image uploads. This is my first time posting on these forums.

ABAUMINATION
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ABAUMINATION »

Sorry just figured out how to attach images. Here's a picture of this abomination. And yeah I know there's better ways of doing this. But overbuilding stuff like this is what makes these games fun for me: I have a VERY specific problem, so i need to find a very specific solution to it. I try and use outside help as little as possible (the only thing I took from anyone else was the 6 lane balancer). It's fun :)
Attachments
20220313080122_1.jpg
20220313080122_1.jpg (947.83 KiB) Viewed 4651 times

Return to “Gameplay Help”