Moderator: pyanodon

shadowpho
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by shadowpho »

Blokus wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:38 pm
I'm really not sure what sniper is talking about, the lead/silver chain lets you turn a given blob of ore either entirely into lead or entirely into silver, regardless of how far you take the chain. There is no "byproduct" lead.
Yeah, I can show pictures later today. It's nice that lead and silver gets generated independently. Although silver feels very hard to make enough of

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

lets start form the begining then :
1 at some point you can sort 1 lead concentrate(i think ) into 1 high grade Ag/Pb (one of each) , here the chain splits and you can get both at the same time
2 i know my Ag and Pb demand in my base
3 Ag is much more needed then Pb
4 i set up the chain up to then end through sintering end reducing
5 i do some lead math : if i do the chain up to the end it wold me 400/s plates excess so it is not a good idea
6 i decided to melt high grade lead into molten lead , it makes less lead yes but there will be less excess
7 i made math again and i realized that i still have a large amount of excess lead
8 i notice that 60% is the excess i have
9 before melting the high grade lead i made some combinators that send 3/5 ( 60% ) to some incinerators to get rid of it
since voiding high grade is like 20-40 time easier to void then lead plates , and much cheaper

ShadowGlass
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ShadowGlass »

immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:56 pm
1 at some point you can sort 1 lead concentrate(i think ) into 1 high grade Ag/Pb (one of each) , here the chain splits and you can get both at the same time
You must be on some old version of PyRO. This used to be the case, but that recipe no longer exists. There are separate recipes for High Grade Lead and High Grade Silver now.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

These are already in the latest 0.16..?
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

yes apparently that was a great nerf that skipped my eye
a X2 one now lead might be in top 3 most used ores
Fe Cu Sn Ni (Pb ore)

shadowpho
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by shadowpho »

immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:38 pm
yes apparently that was a great nerf that skipped my eye
a X2 one now lead might be in top 3 most used ores
Fe Cu Sn Ni (Pb ore)
Yep and then there was another nerf that hit silver :(

Squelch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Squelch »

I see graphics packs currently being uploaded to the mod portal, and most seem to target 0.18. However, Pyraworesgraphics is still at 0.17.

Mistake or is 17.79 stable being supported after all?
Py Raw Ores Graphics

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Squelch wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:31 pm
I see graphics packs currently being uploaded to the mod portal, and most seem to target 0.18. However, Pyraworesgraphics is still at 0.17.

Mistake or is 17.79 stable being supported after all?
Py Raw Ores Graphics
not currently. somebody aka me messed up and didnt update all the version numbers before we uploaded them. when we get pyal to a decent balance point ill look into a .17 back port of everything then

Squelch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Squelch »

kingarthur wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:36 pm
not currently. somebody aka me messed up and didnt update all the version numbers before we uploaded them. when we get pyal to a decent balance point ill look into a .17 back port of everything then
I suspected as much. Thanks for the fast reply.

A back port might be prudent given the news of potential breaking changes in the main game during 0.18.xx series. I'm sure there are many players out there that have games underway, so anything that doesn't disrupt that would probably be welcome.

I offer my help if you need it?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Squelch wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:42 pm
kingarthur wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:36 pm
I suspected as much. Thanks for the fast reply.

A back port might be prudent given the news of potential breaking changes in the main game during 0.18.xx series. I'm sure there are many players out there that have games underway, so anything that doesn't disrupt that would probably be welcome.

I offer my help if you need it?
not currently. most of the changes shouldnt actually be an issue. things like having to specify an images is size 32 instead of the game assuming will back port just fine as it really should have been done from the get go. its mostly getting pyal balance so theres not a constant stream of duplicated updates to do as the mod portal really doesnt like doing multiple versions at the same time.

Squelch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Squelch »

kingarthur wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:58 pm
not currently. most of the changes shouldnt actually be an issue. things like having to specify an images is size 32 instead of the game assuming will back port just fine as it really should have been done from the get go. its mostly getting pyal balance so theres not a constant stream of duplicated updates to do as the mod portal really doesnt like doing multiple versions at the same time.
Understood.

Yes, the mod portal and versioning does seem a little confusing, but multiple major versions are possible as discussed over here Supporting multiple major versions

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

kingarthur wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:58 pm
not currently. most of the changes shouldnt actually be an issue. things like having to specify an images is size 32 instead of the game assuming will back port just fine as it really should have been done from the get go.
[...]
Yeah, 0.16 => 0.17/0.18 is more complicated as you have to add those icon size lines to start with ! (Among other things...)
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Mecejide
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mecejide »

Pyanodons Raw Ores fails to load without Pyanodons Fusion Energy.

shadowpho
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by shadowpho »

Bug report:

Reduction process for nexelit4 is strictly worse then sinter process. Pretty sure it wasn't meant to be 6 high grade nexelit to 1 reduced nexelit.. should be 2:1 or 1:1 or 1:6....

75 pulp 04 = 15 nexelit direct smelt (direct means molted nexelit -> plates)
55 pulp 04 = 15 nexelit via 04 -> high grade
141 pulp 04 = 15 nexelit via 04 -> high grade -> reduced
41.7 pulp 04 = 15 nexelit via 04 -> high grade -> reduced nexelit -> sintered nexelit

13.9 pulp 04 = 15 nexelit via 04 -> high grade -> sintered

Here's more math:

Sintered Nexelit is
1 high grade - > 1 sintered Unit OR
1x reduced -> 2x sintered Unit which means 1 high grade -> 1/6 reduced -> 1/3 sintered... 1/3 of the above....

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blokus »

There are several places where smelting reduced metal is just bad, such that the only reason to produce reduced metal is if you're going to sinter it afterwards. When I was last looking at this in detail, there were places where this was true of high grade metals as well.

shadowpho
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by shadowpho »

Blokus wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:11 am
There are several places where smelting reduced metal is just bad, such that the only reason to produce reduced metal is if you're going to sinter it afterwards. When I was last looking at this in detail, there were places where this was true of high grade metals as well.
The problem here is that reduced nexelit and then sintered is WORSE then just sintering it....

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blokus »

shadowpho wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:46 am
Blokus wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:11 am
The problem here is that reduced nexelit and then sintered is WORSE then just sintering it....
Ah, so this has a double whammy where you don't even want to reduce if you are going to sinter. Yeah I haven't seen that problem anywhere else...

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

shadowpho wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:30 am
Bug report:

Reduction process for nexelit4 is strictly worse then sinter process. Pretty sure it wasn't meant to be 6 high grade nexelit to 1 reduced nexelit.. should be 2:1 or 1:1 or 1:6....

75 pulp 04 = 15 nexelit direct smelt (direct means molted nexelit -> plates)
55 pulp 04 = 15 nexelit via 04 -> high grade
141 pulp 04 = 15 nexelit via 04 -> high grade -> reduced
41.7 pulp 04 = 15 nexelit via 04 -> high grade -> reduced nexelit -> sintered nexelit

13.9 pulp 04 = 15 nexelit via 04 -> high grade -> sintered

Here's more math:

Sintered Nexelit is
1 high grade - > 1 sintered Unit OR
1x reduced -> 2x sintered Unit which means 1 high grade -> 1/6 reduced -> 1/3 sintered... 1/3 of the above....
What version of PYRO u using?
I kust checked production from high-grade nexelit with Helmod and its all okey and sintered nexelit gives more profit
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

shadowpho
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by shadowpho »

1.8.9, so pretty recent, Changelog doesn't say anything about nexelit updates since then.

I can scan 1.9.0 to see if that's where it got fixed maybe?

I ran the first calculations with helmod from pulp 04. However, the second part is just looking at recipes, can you check what yours looks like? I think the 6 high grade nexelit -> 1 reduced is the broken part

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

shadowpho wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:58 pm
1.8.9, so pretty recent, Changelog doesn't say anything about nexelit updates since then.

I can scan 1.9.0 to see if that's where it got fixed maybe?

I ran the first calculations with helmod from pulp 04. However, the second part is just looking at recipes, can you check what yours looks like? I think the 6 high grade nexelit -> 1 reduced is the broken part
In version 1.9.1 2 sintered nexelit + 4 borax = 135 molten nexelit
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Return to “PyMods”