[0.17.79] Laggy game.

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
afrnjhb
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.17.79] Laggy game.

Post by afrnjhb »

No mods, latest update, completely new game with default settings. Nothing is selected in F4 menu except show-fps.

There are significant FPS/UPS drops every few seconds. My hardware is good enough to run 1kSPM bases. I can see that it has something to do with the map generator, but I'm not exploring the map at the moment. It still happens if I stay still for several minutes. I even tried generating a world without enemy bases so they would not explore map by moving themselves, it did not matter.

I tried restarting the game and my computer.

Any ideas how to fix this?
Attachments
factorio3.jpg
factorio3.jpg (1.03 MiB) Viewed 1330 times
factorio2.jpg
factorio2.jpg (586.69 KiB) Viewed 1330 times
factorio1.jpg
factorio1.jpg (988.92 KiB) Viewed 1330 times
factorio-current.log
(6.46 KiB) Downloaded 70 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.17.79] Laggy game.

Post by Loewchen »

Start with updating your graphics driver and stop forcing opengl.

afrnjhb
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by afrnjhb »

Lowering graphics settings seem to help. Thank you, I wouldn't start thinking about graphics without your post.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

If you haven't already, you should turn texture compression back on. Your GPU is not nearly good enough to handle uncompressed textures.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

as i understand it even good GPUs will benefit from texture compression due to moving fewer bits around a fixed width memory bus. yet another reason to be upset at nvidia for releasing the same model with more narrow memory bandwidth, ala 1060 and 1030.

i miss the days of the GTX 280 that had a 512 byte wide memory bus, but, a lot of that was wasted by inefficient architecture. c'est la vie.

Return to “Technical Help”