Just bought the game; What were Your first impressions?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Jethro
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Just bought the game; What were Your first impressions?

Post by Jethro »

First impression is that it's annoying to play.

Biggest issue: Inventory/Crafting window location. Move it away from the middle of the screen.

This is a simple tiny little thing to do, and the fact that it hasn't been done gives the impression that the devs don't actually test their code or play their own game. If I were coding this, it would be the first thing to fix after testing the code for 2 minutes.

Other issues:
- Scroll the game window without always centering on the character.

I'll give it a couple hours to see if it clicks for me at some point, but honestly the window in the center of the screen issue just makes me more annoyed with the lazy devs every time it opens. Stupid me bought it on a whim. If I'd played the demo I never would have paid any money for it.

Edit: next issue is that the tutorial just stops a few minutes in.
Last edited by Jethro on Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ondrii
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ondrii »

Few millions players are playing this game and almost none of them complains about place where inventory/crafting window is. So it's not that devs didn't test the game. It's because small part of the players want to have it somewhere else.

Edit: alternatively it could remember where such window was moved and next time open in same place So everyone could place it where they want to.
Also there could be some small button to move it to the default position.

MEOWMI
Inserter
Inserter

Post by MEOWMI »

Jethro wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:39 pm
IMO you should almost downgrade to 0.16 via Steam or download via Wube's official website. It has a tutorial/campaign that's a lot longer and immersive, and most importantly it works even if some of the design is definitely showing its age. The quality of the game itself is similar. The quickbar will be different between 0.17 and 0.16 though so be aware, but I do think if you play that and end up enjoying it that this change will not be a big problem.

goqizugu
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by goqizugu »

first impression - I don't have time to study the game, where was it 10 years ago?
I spent the whole weekend grumbling about it, but I kept playing. my wife was not happy. :lol:

rulssi
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by rulssi »

Jethro wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:39 pm
First impression is that it's annoying to play.

Biggest issue: Inventory/Crafting window location. Move it away from the middle of the screen.

This is a simple tiny little thing to do, and the fact that it hasn't been done gives the impression that the devs don't actually test their code or play their own game. If I were coding this, it would be the first thing to fix after testing the code for 2 minutes.

Other issues:
- Scroll the game window without always centering on the character.

I'll give it a couple hours to see if it clicks for me at some point, but honestly the window in the center of the screen issue just makes me more annoyed with the lazy devs every time it opens. Stupid me bought it on a whim. If I'd played the demo I never would have paid any money for it.

Before calling someone lazy you could you know.. try to drag the inventory window to try moving it around like most people who play games on a computer. :roll:

parkkk
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by parkkk »

Mine was solar panels
I can`t forget how beautiful and Magnificent my first solar panel power production center was

Return to “General discussion”