[MOD 0.17] Industrial Revolution

Topics and discussion about specific mods
JFactorio0023
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.17] Industrial Revolution

Post by JFactorio0023 »

It seems electric trains now return regular capacity batteries when using high-capacity batteries as fuel.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version: 1.0.12
Date: 05. 01. 2020
Fixes:
- Fixed charged high capacity battery "burnt result".
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All good things must come to an end, mediocre things too. I will not be updating the mod any further - it will not be ported to Factorio 0.18 by me. I'd like to thank the players who supported me and the mod while it lasted.

andreinafactory
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by andreinafactory »

To follow up on viewtopic.php?f=25&t=79666#p472380:

The more I thought about my suggestion for IR the more I felt that I need to experiment more with the scattergun as it is now.

In one of my earlier IR games I would stop using the scattergun mid-to-late game since it would often die very quickly. At the time I felt that it must be due to it having lower health since it's from such an early age in IR.

In the early-to-mid game, I love how the auto turret works well for stronger targets and the scatter gun excells at beating down large biter swarms. Once the biters evolve enough or the swarms are large enough I start switching to auto turrets and flamethrower turrets. Even though I get better shotgun ammo, I never reintroduce the scatterguns.

However, looking at how similar the scattergun's health is to the auto turret (which I'm not having as much problems with) I'm doubting my assumptions.

My feature suggestion was to have a higher tier scattergun, a bit like how the minigun is to the auto turret. Not necessarily as much if a change as it is with the minigun (i.e. different ammo), but something that has better survivability like the minigun turret does.

But now I'm wondering if it's a placement issue I'm having with the scattergun. I suppose it'll pull a lot more aggro than an auto turret, so maybe I need to place it farther back?

I'd love to know your thoughts and anyone's suggestions on how I could be better using the scattergun.

Dae
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Dae »

andreinafactory wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:38 pm
To follow up on viewtopic.php?f=25&t=79666#p472380:

The more I thought about my suggestion for IR the more I felt that I need to experiment more with the scattergun as it is now.

In one of my earlier IR games I would stop using the scattergun mid-to-late game since it would often die very quickly. At the time I felt that it must be due to it having lower health since it's from such an early age in IR.

In the early-to-mid game, I love how the auto turret works well for stronger targets and the scatter gun excells at beating down large biter swarms. Once the biters evolve enough or the swarms are large enough I start switching to auto turrets and flamethrower turrets. Even though I get better shotgun ammo, I never reintroduce the scatterguns.

However, looking at how similar the scattergun's health is to the auto turret (which I'm not having as much problems with) I'm doubting my assumptions.

My feature suggestion was to have a higher tier scattergun, a bit like how the minigun is to the auto turret. Not necessarily as much if a change as it is with the minigun (i.e. different ammo), but something that has better survivability like the minigun turret does.

But now I'm wondering if it's a placement issue I'm having with the scattergun. I suppose it'll pull a lot more aggro than an auto turret, so maybe I need to place it farther back?

I'd love to know your thoughts and anyone's suggestions on how I could be better using the scattergun.
or, try "universal turret" this mods add turret no-cheated =)

PTTG
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by PTTG »

Deadlock989 wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:19 pm
Fixes:

All good things must come to an end, mediocre things too. I will not be updating the mod any further - it will not be ported to Factorio 0.18 by me. I'd like to thank the players who supported me and the mod while it lasted.
Unfortunate but not surprising. I'm still working on getting to space on my main save.

TaylorItaly
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TaylorItaly »

That makes me sad.
It is a wonderfull mod , absolut logical ;fun to explore and play.
So , thank you for your work at this masterpiece !!!

May i ask , why you quit ?

Astrella
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Astrella »

Deadlock989 wrote:
Fixes:

That's sad to hear; thank you for all the time and effort you've put into the mod.

Novalith
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Novalith »

Deadlock989 wrote:
Fixes:

Not sure if just playing your mod constitutes support, but I did enjoy the challenge. Thanks for taking the time to share your mod and respond to inquires both here and elsewhere. If someone wants to carry the torch into .18 should they contact you first or just roll up their sleeves?

Stevetrov
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Stevetrov »

Deadlock989 wrote:
Fixes:

Thats a shame to hear, hopefully someone will take on the maintenance of it, its an awesome mod, probably my favourite.

I really enjoyed building the IR megabase.

I wish you all the best in whatever you do now!

ManaUser
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ManaUser »

Deadlock989 wrote:
Sad to hear that. I haven't actually tried this mod yet but I was looking forward to it.

I sounds like you're saying it would be OK if someone else wanted to take over maintaining it, but the license you picked CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 technically doesn't allow publishing modified versions. Any chance you could change that?

SnelleSjonnie
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SnelleSjonnie »

What an awesome and beautiful mod this is! (I just got titanium production going. Watching those huge furnaces light up was cool.)

One little bug (robotower energy drain) sent me to this forum topic, only to find it was already solved. Truly on par with the high factorio development standards.

But then I also read the unfortunate news of Deadlock989 stepping out....
This makes me a bit sad, but a lot more grateful.

Deadlock989, many thanks for all you've done. Industrial Revolution is not only well designed, but feels to me like a piece of art. What you did is very impressive and amazing.
I wish you all the best in your next projects / activities.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

Deadlock989 wrote:
it will not be ported to Factorio 0.18 by me.
Could you change the licence so that somebody else is allowed to?

GladePixie
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by GladePixie »

I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed your mod. It felt like rediscovering Factorio for the first time. You built something fantastic.

Drury
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Drury »

I was never much swayed by the big mods like angels, bobs etc., but this one had me intrigued right from the get-go with its strong direction, theme and production value. A truly rare combination for a game mod.

Hats off to Deadlock for seeing it through this far, and high hopes for the mod's continued future in similarly capable hands.

dvalitov
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dvalitov »

Does drone movement speed bonus applied to clocwork punkbots?
They listed in bonus menu, but their properties dont change.
Sorry if my english is poor.

TaylorItaly
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TaylorItaly »

The Licence you use , say
NoDerivatives — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you may not distribute the modified material.

So , will that wonderfull mod be lost when 0.18 arrives ?

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Yes, just like Angel's mods, which use the exact same licence, have been "lost" since he "abandoned" them this fall ? /sarcasm
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Astrella
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Astrella »

Worst case scenario you can always get a seperate install of Factorio on a version that is stable with IR / revert your existing install to a previous version.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

QWERTY128BITS wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:18 pm
Solinya wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:40 am
Stimpatch wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:57 am
QWERTY128BITS wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:48 am
I try to find this: Why cant I plant the sapling and help to grow a forest? There are a way to do?
They need to go into a greenhouse, and you need like 20 or so to start the first grow cycle.
Just 10.
I dont want more wood. I want help with pollution. And maybe avoid bitter walk easy to my base...
Other greenhouse mods do that or have a machine for planting them. IR doesn't.

belgianguy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by belgianguy »

Deadlock989 wrote:
Fixes:

Many thanks for the great mod that is Industrial Revolution, it was like playing Factorio again for the first time and opening up a whole new slew of challenges!
Stunning graphics and very solid gameplay, new and interesting concepts (the ore processing updates were fantastic, the greenhouses having me hunt for saplings, too), the idea of making everything "burner" initially gave it a whole new vibe, and all fitted so well with what was still visible from the original Factorio. In short, if this mod were a movie it'd be a Hollywood production :).

Return to “Mods”