[0.17.79] Circuit connections in blueprint lost if bp is used in a book (modded)

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
Yenz
Inserter
Inserter

[0.17.79] Circuit connections in blueprint lost if bp is used in a book (modded)

Post by Yenz »

Hey folks,

I'm using the Bulk Rail Loader mod and connected two unloader with red wires.

If using the blueprint as a single blueprint (without a book) the circuit connection will stay (works as intended).
After putting the same bp in a blueprint BOOK: placing the ghost still shows the logic wires, but after the bots placed them, the wires are lost.

Example:

Single Blueprint:

Blueprint in a book:

I assume it has something to do how the mod implements the loader (probably multiple entities), but I would not expect any difference in using a bp in a book or without it.

Thanks for looking into this :)
Have a nice day!
Attachments
example.png
example.png (638.21 KiB) Viewed 1369 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.79] Circuit connections in blueprint lost if bp is used in a book (modded)

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however the game doesn't actually implement blueprint books any differently than blueprints (it is just a blueprint that's inside another inventory).

So, until you can reproduce the issue(s) without the mods I'm going to say this is the mods problem and not base game.

Moving to Modding Help.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.79] Circuit connections in blueprint lost if bp is used in a book (modded)

Post by boskid »

This is mod issue, in ghostconnections.lua there is function on_put_item that checks player.cursor_stack and function is_setup_bp fails when there is blueprint book in hand

Yenz
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Yenz »

Thanks to you both!
And thanks boskid for already opening a bug thread in the mod portal!

Return to “Modding help”