furnace option

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Blü
Inserter
Inserter

furnace option

Post by Blü »

I was trying to make small designs of random things and I came out with with contraption:

the only problem is the if you take an item from a furnace and try to place it in another furnace, if it can't be either use to smelt things or be smelted, nothing happen
I think it should go into the last slot instead of not doing anything

Mysteria9
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: furnace option

Post by Mysteria9 »

What would you gain from the ability to put random things in the output slot?
I don't understand what you're looking for here...

Blü
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Blü »

Mysteria9 wrote:What would you gain from the ability to put random things in the output slot?
the fast inserter on the far left will put the item from the furnace on the far left to the 2nd furnace, these item will be grab by the other inserter which will put it into the 3rd furnace... until the chest, it would allow you to make things smaller and split coal and iron (or copper)

Dakkanor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dakkanor »

Mranth0ny62 wrote:
Mysteria9 wrote:What would you gain from the ability to put random things in the output slot?
the fast inserter on the far left will put the item from the furnace on the far left to the 2nd furnace, these item will be grab by the other inserter which will put it into the 3rd furnace... until the chest, it would allow you to make things smaller and split coal and iron (or copper)
i see your point, however i find that more often than not whenever i run out of space its because i messed up my planning somewhere.

By the time you're producing large groups of furnaces in groups you should already be able to secure the required space for it.
even when creepers are constantly attacking i can usually find time to completely redesign my base. in my current playthrough i'm trying to use walls to create a proper fortress for myself and have had to change my layout completely twice so far

Arakasi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Arakasi »

I found this "possible" feature usable. I am facing the problem in my factory design where I need put the product from belt into assembly machine to product slot not the resource slot. I think this is the same issue.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”