Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Development and Discussion

Post by mrvn »

Just some thoughts on barrels:

Barrels are a way to split fluids 50:50. You can also use trains to but that takes far more space. Barrels can also be transported by bots while fluids can't.

As for throughput in trains I think barrels have been balanced again so a cargo wagon filled with barrels equals a fluid wagon I think. Loading/unloading times differ though.

A train station can handle up to 12 fluids per wagon but that gets real messy. If you also need items that reduce the number of fluids you can handle. A train can also only carry one fluid per wagon so multiple fluids need longer trains or more trains. With barrels you can load/unload and carry any number of fluids in parallel.

Barrels might be the way to go for a low throughput station with mixed items/fluids. Driving a fluid wagon with 1000 fluids around is plain wasteful. Putting 10 barrels into a wagon with 500 iron plate, 300 copper plate, 100 coke, 200 plastic, .. can be useful though.

Mecejide
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mecejide »

Can you add coke to the solid fuel from hydrazine recipe?

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evandy »

Is there a way to construct more seed generators in the late game, other than exploring the map? I have combed through FNEI and not seen anything; seems like you are limited. I am playing seablock right now, if that makes a difference...

chadzilla87
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by chadzilla87 »

I had an Idea for a mod to make a biter your companion where you could set a trap and capture a biter by baiting it with food and transporting it on a train using a cage wagon, simply put the food in the cage wagon inventory for the biter to take the bait. then bringing it back to your base to put in a habitat and after time it can be tamed by making it biter food from new biter food production machines, you have to make the cans and produce the food through a rigorous process that produce canned biter food that looks like can dog food but for biters, perhaps this same food can be the bait and could be used to distract other wild biters from attacking. if the biter doesn't get food or water it will die so you have to keep biter food in the biters inventory which he will slowly consume, maybe he can whine if it gets hungry to remind yourself to add more cans to its inventory:lol: . the biter will also follow you and will fight with you and you can make it armor. maybe the biter will change color once tamed? perhaps instead of capturing a biter you could have a chance of getting a bitter egg when killing a spawner, then you could use an incubator to hatch it then use habitat to tame biter, you could further the need for mass producing biter food perhaps if you could plant defensive biter spitters (if thats what they are called)around your base and have to use an insurter to feed them or they will turn on you and attack your base before they die from starvation. maybe their can be a super biter food that you add addictive drugs to that you have to produce for the bitters spitters to stay tamed. further the drug production by producing products that can be used to feed biters to make them attack their own spawners or each other

Bauer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Bauer »

evandy wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:04 am
Is there a way to construct more seed generators in the late game, other than exploring the map? I have combed through FNEI and not seen anything; seems like you are limited. I am playing seablock right now, if that makes a difference...
No.
You could use console commands, though.

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evandy »

Bauer wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:18 am
evandy wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:04 am
No.
You could use console commands, though.
I was afraid of that. If Angel (or someone who takes over) ever finishes the Bio mod, this seems like something that should be able to overcome in the late game.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

What's wrong with exploring the map ?
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evandy »

BlueTemplar wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:11 pm
What's wrong with exploring the map ?
Nothing, per se, but there comes a point of diminishing returns where you have to explore very far away from your base if you still don't have enough seed generators. Plus it generates chunks which will ultimately impact UPS and other things.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

You hardly need to explore far - unless maybe if you're running huge tech cost multipliers ?
Wait, by "new seed generators", are you talking about getting all the 3 types ?
Otherwise, you could totally make new gardens, have you researched all the biotechs yet ?

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

BlueTemplar wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:55 am
You hardly need to explore far - unless maybe if you're running huge tech cost multipliers ?
Wait, by "new seed generators", are you talking about getting all the 3 types ?
Otherwise, you could totally make new gardens, have you researched all the biotechs yet ?
I think, he is talking about the 3 angel's trees, which can be used to craft a tree seed generator. Those are not reproducible afaik so, theoretically, there is a limit....
But I'm not sure, it would be necessary to have an unlimited supply of those.
I have a wood arboretum with 2 seed generators without beacons, which produce more than 40 wooden boards per sec. That are all my needs for tree seed generators currently.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Oh my bad, was thinking about gardens...
I'm up to high tech science and still powering my whole base on a single tree ! XD
(In 0.16, AFAIK trees have been nerfed since ?)

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evandy »

BlueTemplar wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:29 pm
Oh my bad, was thinking about gardens...
I'm up to high tech science and still powering my whole base on a single tree ! XD
(In 0.16, AFAIK trees have been nerfed since ?)
I am indeed talking about trees, not gardens. Gardens have the 5% recipe to spawn another one, so that's covered (though once you have enough seeds it doesn't really matter). But there's no way to make seed generators without trees, and NO way to make trees, just explore to mine them.

And god forbid you put one into a composter by accident.

Molay
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Molay »

Are there any news on the future of the mod? Is someone else picking up the torch? Is angel still working on it (bio in particular)?

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evandy »

There was some talk of hosting it on GitHub and appointing a mod or two from the community, but I have not seen angel chime in with his thoughts on the idea. Hoping that someone can continue to support this mod set.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

The search function is your friend. ;)

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zyrconia »

That's a shame...

This was my favorite mod pack.

The problem is that Angel's is on hiatus and Bob's is moving along and things will get more and more incompatible. Last time I tried there was a new ore that was not handled by Angel, so we had 6 Angel ores on the map and one Bob...

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Zyrconia wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:46 pm
That's a shame...

This was my favorite mod pack.

The problem is that Angel's is on hiatus and Bob's is moving along and things will get more and more incompatible. Last time I tried there was a new ore that was not handled by Angel, so we had 6 Angel ores on the map and one Bob...
last i checked i have access to the git so i can push updates if need. so its not completely abandoned. im just busy with things like help pyanodon with pyalienlife and my own projects.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

I've had quite a bit of fun trying to make work the disabled parts of Angel's Industries !
(AFAIK, like for Pyanodon, the idea was to get rid of dependencies on bob's mods entirely, not just for Refining...)

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zyrconia »

BlueTemplar wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:59 pm
I've had quite a bit of fun trying to make work the disabled parts of Angel's Industries !
(AFAIK, like for Pyanodon, the idea was to get rid of dependencies on bob's mods entirely, not just for Refining...)
Yeah, don't really want that. While there is a lot of "fluff" in Bob's, I consider the ores, advanced power and the modules a must have for any play-through.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Pyanodon kept bob's ores more than Angel. (There's only so many real-world ores to start with...)
If these mods are separated, it's beause a lot of them are very modular (not Angel's Industries, sadly).
The crux of the issue is bobplates I guess ?

Return to “Angels Mods”