Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:57 pm
kingarthur wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:22 am
orzelek wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:08 am
pyanodon wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:54 pm
a release was made with chromium in starter area
So RSO update to include it there would be also needed?
yes
Technically you could make it conditional. We only need Chromium in the starting area if both PyRO and PyPH are used.
That is doable.. altho I admit a tad complicating things. Is that a permanent feature or it can be changed with options in those mods?

ChurchOrganist
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by ChurchOrganist »

No options that I'm aware of other than choosing the particular Py mods you use.

Or shall we say the option is not exposed in the Mod- Settings interface.
Want to know where the biters chewing your power plant have come from??
Wondering where your next iron is going to come from??
You need Long Range Radar

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Hey people who is satisfied with the current production of silver plates? - only 10 plates from 100 molten silver, not 20 not 50 but only 10 looks strange
Its all good with lead, but silver...
Want to know opinion from another players
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

shadowpho
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by shadowpho »

aklesey1 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:20 pm
Hey people who is satisfied with the current production of silver plates? - only 10 plates from 100 molten silver, not 20 not 50 but only 10 looks strange
Its all good with lead, but silver...
Want to know opinion from another players
It is a bit low. Although it helps that once you are full on lead you can redirect that all to silver

Extramsg
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Extramsg »

I'm planning on starting a full pymods game when alien is released and wanted to know your recommended ore gen settings. Increased frequency on anything or default. Do you advise using rso.

Thanks for all the work you are doing, and feedback you provide.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

Extramsg wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:33 pm
I'm planning on starting a full pymods game when alien is released and wanted to know your recommended ore gen settings. Increased frequency on anything or default. Do you advise using rso.

Thanks for all the work you are doing, and feedback you provide.
Fe Cu Zn Pb Sn UP a lot
quartz p deposits tar pits Ni up

regolite raw coal down
all huge rocks down a lot , maybe except nexelite

rest on default , but i advise to increase richness and deposit size

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blokus »

Any chance that the molten duralumin recipe could get a slight buff? As it stands you go from 4 aluminum + 2 copper -> 1 duralumin to effectively 50 aluminum + 60 copper -> 20 duralumin, which when scaled down is equivalent to 2.5 aluminum + 3 copper -> 1 duralumin. The speed is nice, but that increased cost in copper is pretty annoying considering that the reduction in the aluminum cost is not really all that dramatic. Plus getting a good amount of molten aluminum before blue science costs quite a bit in side inputs.

Sam_Daywalker
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Sam_Daywalker »

Lead plate production seems messed up.

I think some of the recent changes in pY Raw Ores 1.7 made direct smelting more efficient than the first ore processing steps. Higher level processing seems ok somehow. Anyway: This needs a fix!

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/pyrawores ... 000b4377fa

I made a post nearly a weak ago on the mod page - however no comment until now. Of course, Xmas is close - but a simple "will be looked into" would make me happy for now ;)

Crixomix
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Crixomix »

Yeah lead ore with hot air is MORE efficient than the process unlocked with either red or green science. Seems weird to me. I would hope lead 02 would be more productive. Honestly I think a slight increase in lead dust output would be a good idea, as that would help silver production a little as well.

While we're here, can I also ask a small decrease in acetylene requirement for lead ore mining? It's a pretty crazy high amount for a somewhat basic material.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

That tier 2.5 chain was already worse in 0.16.51, with molten lead being useless (at that point). But at that point you also need(ed?) the lead dust from that chain to make Silver Plate.
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

shadowpho
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by shadowpho »

Crixomix wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:58 pm
Yeah lead ore with hot air is MORE efficient than the process unlocked with either red or green science. Seems weird to me. I would hope lead 02 would be more productive. Honestly I think a slight increase in lead dust output would be a good idea, as that would help silver production a little as well.

While we're here, can I also ask a small decrease in acetylene requirement for lead ore mining? It's a pretty crazy high amount for a somewhat basic material.
Acetylene requirments were a bit crazy. I got fed up, went in middle of nowhere and pasted 2 screens of mk02 tholin collects just to make acetalyne (and chlorine)

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blokus »

Crixomix wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:58 pm
12 gasifier mk1s for a yellow belt of just lead ore, without getting into titanium. And those have to be backed up by a full yellow belt of coke. At least you get plenty of sodium hydroxide out of the deal.

Crixomix
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Crixomix »

Yeah I mean I'm not complaining about all the slacked lime but as mentioned, 1 gasifier running full tilt making acetylene is barely enough for a decent amount of lead. And once you want to do silver, you have to get a MASSIVE amount of acetylene per silver. IIRC it's like 1 silver plate takes roughly 20x the amount of lead ore that a lead plate does.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Sorry for stupid question - what mean High Grade ore? Recipe explorer shows that we have common not High-Grade ore but for now its gone from map and replaced with High Grade ore
I found High Grade tin, lead, titanium, aluminium, quartz, chromium, zinc and nickel
Niobium, molybdenum, stone, copper and iron ores weren't replaced with high grade versions
Coal and uranium still not high grade too
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

aklesey1 wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:45 pm
Sorry for stupid question - what mean High Grade ore? Recipe explorer shows that we have common not High-Grade ore but for now its gone from map and replaced with High Grade ore
I found High Grade tin, lead, titanium, aluminium, quartz, chromium, zinc and nickel
Niobium, molybdenum, stone, copper and iron ores weren't replaced with high grade versions
Coal and uranium still not high grade too
dont worry about it. just a bit of a mistake in the locale file its already been fixed for the next update

Crixomix
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Crixomix »

Pyanodon,

Can I formally request a silver boost? This is pretty crazy expensive that to get .2 silver (needed for 1 circuit 2), I need 34 lead miners and 85 acetylene per second! That's almost 7 gasifiers to make acetylene! Even if silver had double the output, I still don't think it would be too easy to get.

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blokus »

Just some general context, high grade silver (available at lead processing 3) turns 0.08 lead dust into 0.2 silver plate, about 16x higher yield. So this seems like something that might actually be worth rushing.

Crixomix
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Crixomix »

Blokus wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:32 am
Just some general context, high grade silver (available at lead processing 3) turns 0.08 lead dust into 0.2 silver plate, about 16x higher yield. So this seems like something that might actually be worth rushing.
That's good to know. But you need a healthy amount of silver to automate circ2 and sci3 to any reasonable amounts, and that's very costly to get.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

Crixomix wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:47 am
Blokus wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:32 am
That's good to know. But you need a healthy amount of silver to automate circ2 and sci3 to any reasonable amounts, and that's very costly to get.
dont use the silver solder recipes , and yes silver atm is a problem so use it as little as possible

Crixomix
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Crixomix »

immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:34 am

dont use the silver solder recipes , and yes silver atm is a problem so use it as little as possible
Yeah seriously. I saw that trap a mile away. I've also noted that soot can be turned into silver but the ratio is horrible (10 soot -> .3 silver), so that's really only helpful to use random byproduct soot lying around and could never be the backbone of silver production.

Return to “PyMods”