Moderator: pyanodon

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: pY Alien Life - Discussion

Post by pyanodon »

Blokus wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:49 pm
No complaints about the delay from me. But it would've been nice to hear from you or kingarthur at some point in November about the chance of a delay. Some folks have been postponing starting saves or even continuing existing saves in anticipation of this.
WE cant barely know that because were messing with experimental stuff. Some stuff we can plan and it works, other we discover a rabbit hole and consumes time and such just in the end we ditch it out. The fact is: We are working over it...everyday. And thing are getting added, changed and tested.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

Squelch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Squelch »

I'm looking forward to this, and the work showcased already is really encouraging. Please take your time. I know these things are a labour of love, and it's so easy to become disheartened or burn out.

Regarding the Seaweed plantation and Dhilmos fishery - Have you considered making the buildings only available to be placed on water adjacent to land (or landfill)? Furthermore, a bonus for placing on water, or a penalty for inland placement would be great. Areas of water are merely an inconvenient obstacle most of the time, so putting them to good use in this way would be nice to see.

Keep up the great work guys.

P.S. It is a suggestion framed as a rhetorical question, so no direct answer is required. I like surprises of the good kind ;)

Crixomix
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Crixomix »

pyanodon wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:54 pm
Blokus wrote:
No complaints about the delay from me. But it would've been nice to hear from you or kingarthur at some point in November about the chance of a delay. Some folks have been postponing starting saves or even continuing existing saves in anticipation of this.
WE cant barely know that because were messing with experimental stuff. Some stuff we can plan and it works, other we discover a rabbit hole and consumes time and such just in the end we ditch it out. The fact is: We are working over it...everyday. And thing are getting added, changed and tested.
Blokus: You say no complaints and then literally complain. People are making content for you and you have no rights to complain about their communication about a delay or not. If you're postponing a save, you're signing up for waiting for as long as it takes. Things rarely release when people hope, be it mods, early access games, betas, etc. So just get used to waiting longer than expected/hoped.

Pyanodon: I'm grateful for all your work and I'm just hoping you take as long as needed to make it what you want it to be!

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blokus »

pyanodon wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:54 pm
Blokus wrote:
That's a perfectly satisfactory answer.
Crixomix wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:31 pm
Blokus: You say no complaints and then literally complain. People are making content for you and you have no rights to complain about their communication about a delay or not. If you're postponing a save, you're signing up for waiting for as long as it takes. Things rarely release when people hope, be it mods, early access games, betas, etc. So just get used to waiting longer than expected/hoped.
I said I was not complaining about the delay. I am complaining a little bit about the communication. It's a pretty minor complaint on this timescale, since release this year was only stated about six weeks ago anyway.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

since the leak, we are more active on the patreon. But eventually we post stuff here
pY Coal processing mod

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

It never ends....The tech tree is becoming a monster now. This spoiler is a gift to you all for xmas. ;) showing like 1/6 of the whole tech-tree atm.

pY Coal processing mod

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blokus »

pyanodon wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:16 pm
It never ends....The tech tree is becoming a monster now. This spoiler is a gift to you all for xmas. ;) showing like 1/6 of the whole tech-tree atm.
I will say this: don't be afraid to split techs up because the tree itself seems overwhelming. Some of the techs in the other py mods have way too much stuff in the same tech, which makes it really hard to find what you care about.

BTW: any chance of properly incorporating the vanilla science pack unlocks into the tree this time around? (See https://mods.factorio.com/mod/pyscienceorganizer for an implementation of what I mean into py up through PH.)

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

:o
Blokus wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:12 pm
I will say this: don't be afraid to split techs up because the tree itself seems overwhelming. Some of the techs in the other py mods have way too much stuff in the same tech, which makes it really hard to find what you care about.
Seconded !
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

we did it, thats why its so big and complex.

and no, we didnt incorporated anything
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Wow that tech tree! Looks amazing :)
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Mecejide
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mecejide »

It's out!

ShadowGlass
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ShadowGlass »

Mecejide wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:16 pm
It's out!
:lol: :twisted:

Pridesfall
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pridesfall »

Excited bitter noises!

chrisdec
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by chrisdec »

is this for real?
can we play PY alien life?

DarkyPupu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DarkyPupu »

Same question :D
As much as i'm eargerly waiting to play i'd like confirmal it's the right thing before suffering the Wrath of the Creator :lol:

Edit: I guess i can play it :mrgreen:

cellular
Inserter
Inserter

Post by cellular »

A "very alpha" version is out, playable only up to red science. Just to manage expectations a bit! (Also I don't know if it's out to non-Patreon backers...)

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Hah, thought that it was weird that it was by kingarthur...

frugal10191
Inserter
Inserter

Post by frugal10191 »

I appear to be a biter and I have nothing in the tech tree...
This is a little bit more "alien" than I was expecting ;)
I will try again in a little bit with all of the other mods stripped out to see if I can work out what is causing the issue with the tech tree. There is an error in the log: "This recipes is not unlockable, maybe is an error" followed by a dozen or so techs.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Check out mod's name and homepage...

chrisdec
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by chrisdec »

frugal10191 wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:05 pm
I appear to be a biter and I have nothing in the tech tree...
This is a little bit more "alien" than I was expecting ;)
I will try again in a little bit with all of the other mods stripped out to see if I can work out what is causing the issue with the tech tree. There is an error in the log: "This recipes is not unlockable, maybe is an error" followed by a dozen or so techs.
i have the same issue

Return to “PyMods”