who thinks like me

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
plussantana
Inserter
Inserter

who thinks like me

Post by plussantana »

I think the Factorio platform reaches more languages and operating systems. and that you should make a guide within the game a little better. so that you learn more by playing

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: who thinks like me

Post by valneq »

Regarding explaining the game itself a bit better: In April this year, the developers wrote the following
https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-291

plussantana wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:02 am
I think the Factorio platform reaches more languages and operating systems […]
But what do you mean by this? That it should reach more languages and operating systems? According to the steam page it runs on Windows, Mac, Linux and is available in 21 languages. The quality of the translations is maybe not world class, but the community helps translating on Crowdin.

plussantana
Inserter
Inserter

Post by plussantana »

I meant other platforms like Android and IOS and their development in these.

plussantana
Inserter
Inserter

Post by plussantana »

it's not if it's translated but the quality of the translation. for example i have factorio and ir shows the translation in %

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

plussantana wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:57 am
Factorio is very hard on the processor and would not run well on a phone.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

plussantana wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:57 am
The input without mouse and keyboard will be a challenge.
plussantana wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:05 am
it's not if it's translated but the quality of the translation. for example i have factorio and ir shows the translation in %
The game ist still in early access and not yet released. Localization is not a high priority as long as large parts of the game can still change. Then you need to re-do the entire translation. And as I said: the community is currently helping out on Crowdin. If you want to help translating into your language: do it!

netmand
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by netmand »

I also thought it would be interesting to see Factorio on other platforms, i.e. iPad Pro or Galaxy Tab S6. The problem is getting to all controls via the touchscreen.

As far as computing power, I played Factorio on GeForce NOW and it was fine. You just need a strong network connection instead.

GlassDeviant
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by GlassDeviant »

netmand wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:15 pm
I also thought it would be interesting to see Factorio on other platforms, i.e. iPad Pro or Galaxy Tab S6. The problem is getting to all controls via the touchscreen.

As far as computing power, I played Factorio on GeForce NOW and it was fine. You just need a strong network connection instead.
If you're using streaming, which is what GeForce NOW is, you aren't actually running the game on your phone, you're streaming the game to it from a computer that has the processing power to handle the demands of the game and then sending your interactions back to the PC. That's not Factorio on other platforms, that's Factorio on a PC streamed to a phone.
- GD

Sorry if my posts are becoming difficult to read, my typing ability is rapidly deteriorating due to a nerve disorder. I try to clean them up before posting but don't always get every last typo.

netmand
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by netmand »

GlassDeviant wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:39 pm
netmand wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:15 pm

If you're using streaming, which is what GeForce NOW is, you aren't actually running the game on your phone, you're streaming the game to it from a computer that has the processing power to handle the demands of the game and then sending your interactions back to the PC. That's not Factorio on other platforms, that's Factorio on a PC streamed to a phone.
I didn't write that I played Factorio on a phone. Nor did I call GeForce NOW a platform. Although in some respects it is indeed a different platform. My line about GeForce NOW was in reference to computing power. Which that service offloads in exchange for needing a strong network connection (in which I played using a laptop). You might be surprised of the number of android and iOS apps out there that offload compute.

This is why I thought it would be interesting to see Factorio on other platforms. I'm with the OP.

jamiechi1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by jamiechi1 »

I think phones should just be phones. :mrgreen:

Return to “General discussion”