[Request] "quantum technology"

The place to share your custom game graphics.
Dakkanor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[Request] "quantum technology"

Post by Dakkanor »

hello all

i want to try my hand at making mods. what i am trying to make is a new technology "Quantum theory" which enables the recipie for a quantum accelerator, which is useless by itself but expensive.

another two techs would be availible "Quantum weaponry" and "Quantum assembly" which enable a rail driver weapon and an extremely fast assembler, this would possible lead and advanced turret which upgrades of the lazer.

now i'm confident i can do the coding, however i'm not confident about art. i've attempted to work this by modifying existing items but i'd appreciate it if anyone would like to make the resources for it.
the theme i'm trying to have is a blue core in all quantum tech(makes me think of warp cores really) and heres what i have so far

the accelerator

the rail driver and rail slug

the assembler icon

and an idea for a super mining axe

let me know if
A) you'd like to help with the pictures (i'm not comfortable with the entities and i only have paint to edit with)

or
B) you like my idea and think i should keep on working on it.

part of this idea is to have more upgrades for things that stop, and which might also become ignored and obsolete early, i'm starting simple just to see how things work.

edit: update
after not doing much on this idea i have done some basic graphics work and planned a simple outline for my mod. so far the ideas go like this

q- core = 1 steel +1 blue + 1 green + 1 red

Rail driver weapon, long range, mid - high damage, slow reload.
q-core + sumbachine + 2 steel + 10 Purple

Rail Ammo *10 ..?
q-core +1 P-Ammo +10 ammo +1 Steel

quantum assembler - super fast assembler
Assembler 2 + Q-core + 10 Steel + 2 adv circuits

Reactors - constant energy, low yeild, upgrading

reactor - small - 1*1 generator
reactor - med 2*2 generator
reactor - large 4*4 generator
1 large - 4 med - 16 small

1 small = 1 core + solar panel + 1 L-turret + 10 steel
1 med core = 4 small + boiler + 64 coal + steam engine
1 large = 4 med + 4 logistics robots + 10 wires + assembling machine 2

+20% efficency each time??

1 large = 5 med power(25 50 or 75)
1 med = 5 small power(5 10 or 15)
1 small = ?? (1 2 or 3)

feed back and ideas are welcome
Last edited by Dakkanor on Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [Request] "quantum technology"

Post by FreeER »

Cool, I like this idea. And don't take this wrong but there is a subforum for graphics (here) though I don't think there are many people on the forums who have either the skills/time to help alot lol.
<I'm really not active any more so these may not be up to date>
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- My Factorio Modding Guide
- Wiki Modding Guide
Feel free to pm me :)
Or drop into #factorio on irc.esper.net

Dakkanor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dakkanor »

FreeER wrote:Cool, I like this idea. And don't take this wrong but there is a subforum for graphics (here) though I don't think there are many people on the forums who have either the skills/time to help alot lol.
*smacks forehead*

a request to any passing mod to kindly move this topic, my brain seems to be on low power today :P thanks

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

LOL, if I had the power I'd move it for you but alas having 250+ posts gives me nothing :lol:
One thing I would recommend, don't hold off on releasing simply due to graphics lol. Make something quick in paint and improve it just a bit on each release until someone can come up with something better for you :)
One 'suggestion' for the mining thing though, I'd rather have exposives that would mine the resources in a semi-large area (say about the size of a mining drill) quickly (but would destroy some) eventually with a quantom bomb the resources would actually be 'saved' through the quantum void or something and you'd get all of them :) Maybe even smelt them for you (end game of course). This would help even more once the devs add underground ores (or if you hooked into a mod that adds them, though you'd probably have to talk with the other mod author to add interfaces for you :))
<I'm really not active any more so these may not be up to date>
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- My Factorio Modding Guide
- Wiki Modding Guide
Feel free to pm me :)
Or drop into #factorio on irc.esper.net

Dakkanor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dakkanor »

FreeER wrote: One 'suggestion' for the mining thing though, I'd rather have exposives that would mine the resources in a semi-large area (say about the size of a mining drill) quickly (but would destroy some) eventually with a quantom bomb the resources would actually be 'saved' through the quantum void or something and you'd get all of them :) Maybe even smelt them for you (end game of course). This would help even more once the devs add underground ores (or if you hooked into a mod that adds them, though you'd probably have to talk with the other mod author to add interfaces for you :))
hmm i actually hadn't considered doing anything to the mining area but there's some potential there, i had thought about using burner tech as a base for other things.

and the whole idea for me doing this mod was mucking around as a pet project, i was just curious if anybody was interested in it if this went anywhere.
thanks for the advice man, happy building

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

Dakkanor wrote: a request to any passing mod to kindly move this topic, my brain seems to be on low power today thanks
Moved. As mentioned before doing this and releasing without fancy graphics is probably the best idea. So far there is very little "art support" here. But don't worry, the game core itself has the same problems :)

Return to “Texture Packs”