Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: PY POWER ANALISIS

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

fractalman wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:13 pm
so i did a look in the other syngas recipes:
cal dust - NO
I treat that one as a way of voiding my excess coal dust. I just don't have the facilities set up to get any real use out of the ridiculous amount I get from across my factory (from tailings dust to coal quenching)-even briquettes barely even make a dent in how much I have.
well i do that too
but i said that i am not looking at this method as the primary way of getting syngas

fractalman
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by fractalman »

immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:26 pm
fractalman wrote:
cal dust - NO
I treat that one as a way of voiding my excess coal dust. I just don't have the facilities set up to get any real use out of the ridiculous amount I get from across my factory (from tailings dust to coal quenching)-even briquettes barely even make a dent in how much I have.
well i do that too
but i said that i am not looking at this method as the primary way of getting syngas
yeah, that's fair. Tis an awful lot of coal gas to get a tiny amount of syngas.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

fractalman wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:22 pm
immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:26 pm
fractalman wrote:
cal dust - NO
well i do that too
yeah, that's fair. Tis an awful lot of coal gas to get a tiny amount of syngas.
it is the fastest way to void coal dust and also a you get some power back , well using vanilla boilers iis way more efficient but you would need a ton of them

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Crixomix wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:04 pm
Makes sense.

A little bit annoying that it can't just be 1mj though for my ocd lol.
Is it still the case that fluid temperatures are effectively hardcoded to be limited to 1000°C ?
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

BlueTemplar wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:41 pm
Crixomix wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:04 pm
Makes sense.

A little bit annoying that it can't just be 1mj though for my ocd lol.
Is it still the case that fluid temperatures are effectively hardcoded to be limited to 1000°C ?
n0

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

fractalman wrote:
cal dust - NO
I've finally automated blue science and researched ash from coal dust. 12 coal dust give one ash. And ash can be used or sorted back to raw materials. While highly inefficient it does get rid of the coal dust nicely.

Before that my only drain for coal dust was to use it as fuel for trains and boilers.

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blokus »

mrvn wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:27 am
fractalman wrote:
cal dust - NO
I've finally automated blue science and researched ash from coal dust. 12 coal dust give one ash. And ash can be used or sorted back to raw materials. While highly inefficient it does get rid of the coal dust nicely.

Before that my only drain for coal dust was to use it as fuel for trains and boilers.
And silicon, right?

But yeah in my current power plant I convert coal dust to syngas...it is more power efficient to put it in boilers but I don't really care.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Blokus wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:37 am
mrvn wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:27 am
fractalman wrote:
cal dust - NO

And silicon, right?

But yeah in my current power plant I convert coal dust to syngas...it is more power efficient to put it in boilers but I don't really care.
Yes, silicon uses up some coal dust too. But i haven't needed a lot of that yet. Now that circuit boards 2 are producing I have to see how much silicon and therefore coal dust that eats. But I doubt it will be a noticable fraction of all coal dust.

Some recipes need steam and I get that from boilers powerd by coal dust. I don't use boilers for power generation as power generation is my drain for caol gas / syngas.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

i updated the power calculator

Return to “PyMods”