Topics and discussion about specific mods
Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.17] Industrial Revolution

Post by Deadlock989 »

sonaxaton wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:36 pm
I'm playing with Krastorio and noticed that the Reinforced Gates have the same health (500) as the normal Gates (500) that I'm assuming IR buffs. Could IR also buff the Krastorio gates to have more health than the normal ones?
You're assuming wrong. IR does not make any changes to gates. Without Krastorio, gates have 350 health, the same as vanilla.

Even if IR did change gates, which it doesn't, it is never going to modify Krastorio entities. Krastorio holds the compatibility patch for IR. I'm not getting into a situation where both mods are modifying each other.

Mecejide
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mecejide »

Is there any reason why the chemical science pack has lubricant as a prerequisite?

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Mecejide wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:45 pm
Is there any reason why the chemical science pack has lubricant as a prerequisite?
No. There's no reason for anything in the mod. I just pulled it all out of my arse.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

I am no longer maintaining the language pack mod. If someone wants to take on the work involved, I can transfer ownership on the mod portal, or you can just fork your own version.

BoulderSteve
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by BoulderSteve »

I want to start off by saying I love the mod. The amount of thought and work and design talent that went into making this incredible. Thank you VERY much for making this available for us to play.

I'm on my second base and I am getting to late game so I'm starting to implement the acid washing (great idea!) to help with the later game ratios.

I can't seem to get it to work right, however. Any help would be appreciated. Take a look at the setup below. Since all the machines take 1.6 seconds, I'll call that one cycle. To start, the two chemical plants take in a total of 1000 units of water and 200 units of acid, making 1200 units of diluted acid. The next cycle the 12 ore washing plants take in the 1200 units of acid and produce 1200 units of dirty water. Next cycle, the water filtration plants convert that 1200 units of dirty water into 1140 units of clean water. This leaves a net gain of 140 units of water per cycle. The discussion on this so far has talked about the fact that the filtration plants remove liquid from the system, but that only accounts for 60 units of liquid out of the 200 added by the sulfuric acid.

Any hints on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated. I can't see how any circuits can change this basic calculation.
Attachments
acid wash.png
acid wash.png (985.23 KiB) Viewed 6456 times

Stargateur
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Stargateur »

I would expect we could update the wood big electric pole to big one in steel in the upgrade planner.

jeckelbros
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jeckelbros »

BoulderSteve wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:13 pm

Any hints on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated. I can't see how any circuits can change this basic calculation.
Tip:
Make your sulfuric acid locally. The recipe uses water.

BoulderSteve
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by BoulderSteve »

jeckelbros wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:04 pm
BoulderSteve wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:13 pm

Tip:
Make your sulfuric acid locally. The recipe uses water.
(slapping head as I read) I knew I was missing something obvious. Thanks!

Prezombie
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Prezombie »

All the Blueprint and roboport extended commands next to the hotbar are locked because I only have clockwork bots, but without those functions they're not that useful.

It says that they're unlocked with the Roboport equipment technology, either the mod should change the unlocking condition, or if that's not possible, rename the Clockwork Punkbot technology node so that they unlock.

Kaiku
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kaiku »

Thanks for the amazing mod, Deadlock. It refreshed my interest in Factorio and has already given me hours of entertainment. I'm approaching Future Age and it's a joy to watch these machines do their thing.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Prezombie wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:10 am
All the Blueprint and roboport extended commands next to the hotbar are locked because I only have clockwork bots, but without those functions they're not that useful.

It says that they're unlocked with the Roboport equipment technology, either the mod should change the unlocking condition, or if that's not possible, rename the Clockwork Punkbot technology node so that they unlock.
In actual fact the mod does exactly this already, see lines 342-348 of control.lua. But it is still possible to end up in a situation where you have the bronze age construction technology unlocked but your quickbar slots are not, for example, in multiplayer if your force researches it while you are not connected to the game session. I consider this a game engine limitation as the quickbar slots are stored per player as persistent data and can only specify one unlocking technology, so anything else has to be a fudge on top of that - I don't consider it worth my time chasing down every possible combination of situations that a player can end up in to work around that limitation, given that quickbar slot unlocks are persistent across different save games and the mod is aimed at experienced players who have very likely unlocked them already. So the average IR player will never experience the issue, and everyone else may or may not experience it just once per fresh installation of Factorio.

TLDR; it's as fixed as it's ever going to be.

kdyjde
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by kdyjde »

I can't pass through belts. It seems like a bug. I also can't walk on train rails. If this is a bug, it's serious.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

kdyjde wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:47 pm
I can't pass through belts. It seems like a bug. I also can't walk on train rails. If this is a bug, it's serious.
If this is a bug, it's got nothing to do with IR.

Mortichar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Mortichar »

Just wanted to say great job on this mod and thank you for your work. I have been playing it the last few days and I must say it is incredibly well done. I actually appreciate the progression of Industrial Revolution much more than vanilla Factorio.

Stimpatch
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Stimpatch »

Mortichar wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:12 am
Just wanted to say great job on this mod and thank you for your work
This!

BotSlayman
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by BotSlayman »

Since one of the updates after 1.0 you cannot fast-replace Filter Inserter with Stack Filter Inserter
neither manually nor with the update planner. Is that done on purpose and if so is there an explanation?

zulrang
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by zulrang »

I've put dozens of hours into the mod so far, and I'm amazed by the work you've done here! Your effort is greatly appreciated and I hope you continue to produce such amazing quality!

Aside from the latest update mucking up my tech tree a bit (non-game-breaking), I haven't encountered any issues.

Are there any plans to release a separate mod that just changes the artwork for vanilla, for those that aren't as hardcore about the game as we are? I would think they'd benefit greatly from your creative talents.

I can't wait to see what the future holds for the mod!

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version: 1.0.9
Date: 07. 12. 2019
Tweaks:
- Filter inserter default upgrades set to the next highest tier.
- Stack filter inserters added to filter inserter upgrade group.
- Stack filter inserters now have 5 filter slots, the same as lower tier filter inserters.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
zulrang wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:46 am
Are there any plans to release a separate mod that just changes the artwork for vanilla, for those that aren't as hardcore about the game as we are? I would think they'd benefit greatly from your creative talents.
Highly unlikely I'm afraid. Wube have talked a couple of times about updating their own assembler sprites. Aside from the assemblers, I can't think of much else that's a one-to-one reskin in IR.

If I ever do make another Factorio mod, it'll be the direct opposite - a total, total overhaul that isn't compatible with the "base" mod, i.e. doesn't have any base entity, item or recipe. I have ideas but very little time between now and February.

SoulForge
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SoulForge »

Mod doesn't seem to be loading after changing to 1.0.9.

devyndamonster
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by devyndamonster »

Yeah, the recent stack inserter changes seem to have broken compatability with krastorio

Return to “Mods”