pY Industry - Discussion

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: pY Industry - Discussion

Post by Blokus »

Is there a reason why the logistic warehouses are priced inconsistently? Active provider warehouses are a bit cheaper while storage warehouses are quite a bit more expensive. Storage warehouses I get it, because they are bigger for some reason, but active providers?

ShadowGlass
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ShadowGlass »

Blokus wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:47 pm
Is there a reason why the logistic warehouses are priced inconsistently? Active provider warehouses are a bit cheaper while storage warehouses are quite a bit more expensive. Storage warehouses I get it, because they are bigger for some reason, but active providers?
Probably a copy/paste error. The Active Provider Warehouse has almost the same ingredients as the Active Provider Shed.

NewSwiss
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by NewSwiss »

Anyone know where the tech is that unlocks the Mk2 Fawogae plantation? I've got the full Py mods and some QoL stuff, but my "what's it used for" mod isn't showing any tech or crafting recipie for the MK2 Fawogae plantation (or any of the later ones)...?

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blokus »

NewSwiss wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:13 pm
Anyone know where the tech is that unlocks the Mk2 Fawogae plantation? I've got the full Py mods and some QoL stuff, but my "what's it used for" mod isn't showing any tech or crafting recipie for the MK2 Fawogae plantation (or any of the later ones)...?
There isn't one, yet.

NewSwiss
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by NewSwiss »

Blokus wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:32 pm
There isn't one, yet.
Ah, ok. Just to be clear, there is an item in game with that title, there's just no current tech or recipe for it yet?

YunoAloe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by YunoAloe »

NewSwiss wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:15 pm
Ah, ok. Just to be clear, there is an item in game with that title, there's just no current tech or recipe for it yet?
Yes, this is intentional.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Where are the FAQ when you need them!? :P
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

ShadowGlass
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ShadowGlass »

Any chance you could add "decorative_removal_probability = 1" to the tile prototypes? This'd make it so that grass and other decoratives are removed when placing a tile, so they don't poke through the asphalt (or any other tiles). It looks quite silly in my opinion.

The documentation claims the default is 1, but actually it's 0. You can test it in a game, and also check the value during a game:

Code: Select all

/c game.player.print(game.tile_prototypes["py-asphalt"].decorative_removal_probability)
Note: I've posted a vanilla bug report about the incorrect default value, but I don't know when they'll get to it (or they might decide that 0 is the correct default).

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

ShadowGlass wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:10 am
(or they might decide that 0 is the correct default).
looks like they did decide the default is 0. ill let pyanodon know and see if he wants it changed

error0664
Inserter
Inserter

Post by error0664 »

some shoutout to py industry 1.3.3 -> the fix on logistics really helps a lot to build a robo mall pre science3 / circuits2 : )

JCU
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Minor bugs

Post by JCU »

I want to report two minor bugs.

Spills from tailing pond are producing free wood. As I understand, "invisible trees" are used to create a flammable area, but implementation is a bit buggy as it allows selection and automated harvesting.

Steps to reproduce:
  • Make a spill from a pond.
  • Construct a roboport setup near to the spill
  • Use a deconstruction planner over the spill area
"Hot air" resource has a default temperature. Its just a visual glitch. But it is quite strange to see 15 degrees "hot" hot air.

factoriogame1121
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by factoriogame1121 »

I don’t know where it’s much more appropriate to write it (not to create a new topic): I found a mod that supposedly straightens the values of pollution production by your buildings, Py, supposedly they were broken by some factorio update. And I’m thinking, why don’t you fix it yourself if it’s a breakdown. Or maybe it's not a breakdown, but it should be so? I just don’t know whether to use that fix or not ..

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

factoriogame1121 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:39 pm
I don’t know where it’s much more appropriate to write it (not to create a new topic): I found a mod that supposedly straightens the values of pollution production by your buildings, Py, supposedly they were broken by some factorio update. And I’m thinking, why don’t you fix it yourself if it’s a breakdown. Or maybe it's not a breakdown, but it should be so? I just don’t know whether to use that fix or not ..
as far as i remember polution was not that focused on , second pollution only matters when you have biters and few have them to begin with

factoriogame1121
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:41 pm
as far as i remember polution was not that focused on , second pollution only matters when you have biters and few have them to begin with
Well I do not know. For example, I’m interested in this game problem. I set the minimum starting zone and aliens appear near by. Apart from other problems, I also like to control the level of pollution. I just don’t know how correctly that mod corrects them (Pyanodon Pollution Fix)..

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

factoriogame1121 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:45 pm
immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:41 pm
Well I do not know. For example, I’m interested in this game problem. I set the minimum starting zone and aliens appear near by. Apart from other problems, I also like to control the level of pollution. I just don’t know how correctly that mod corrects them (Pyanodon Pollution Fix)..
It does not. I set those values to what they are intentionally. Even with them as the pollution values what they are you'll very quickly have issues keeping from be over run by biters

factoriogame1121
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

kingarthur wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:28 pm
factoriogame1121 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:45 pm
It does not. I set those values to what they are intentionally. Even with them as the pollution values what they are you'll very quickly have issues keeping from be over run by biters
Well, yes, I thought about that. The pollution levels from that corrective mode seemed logical to me, but for all the specifics of the py-game they are big - there will be a lot of buildings. Although in my last game there were also many cleaners: favogai farms, botanical gardens and so on. In total, they gave out -1000 somewhere. While all other complexes did not reach 500. A kind of environmental production with minimal clouds of harmful emissions..

In this connection, the following question will be decisive for me: these buildings that minus pollution, they also minus the rate of evolution ?? That is, in my previous game where 500 emissions / -1000 absorption does the evolution factor for this parameter be 0, or do the minus values ​​do not affect and the calculation is only on the plus side?

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blokus »

Evo is not improved by pollution removal.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

factoriogame1121 wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:02 am

In this connection, the following question will be decisive for me: these buildings that minus pollution, they also minus the rate of evolution ?? That is, in my previous game where 500 emissions / -1000 absorption does the evolution factor for this parameter be 0, or do the minus values ​​do not affect and the calculation is only on the plus side?
no they dont so the evoluttion keeps climbing no matter what. it just checks for production of pollution and adds it to the evo

Crixomix
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Crixomix »

Question for all you Py players out there:

What's your favorite tile? Currently my whole base is covered in measly stone bricks which provide only a 30% speed boost. I am close to automating circuits 2 so I have a healthy infrastructure currently and am wanting to automate and produce massive amounts of a better tile, but I'm not sure which one to go with. They do seem somewhat expensive but I wanted to get everyone's opinions.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

I'm evaporating tailings into dust and filtering flue gas into ash, so I'm making concrete with the excess sulfuric acid and ash.
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Return to “PyMods”