[0.17.78] Trivial smoke duration is 1 short

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
Muppet9010
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.17.78] Trivial smoke duration is 1 short

Post by Muppet9010 »

In 0.16 a trivial smoke with a duration and frame_count of 1 would be present for 1 tick. If you created it via command with the game speed of 0 in map editor it appeared on the 1 tick forward movement from the command and then when you moved on 1 tick it would vanish.
In 0.17 a duration & frame_count of 1 never appears on the map. it seems to need a higher duration & frame_count to appear. Also if I recreate it every tick event it seems to flicker on and off.

Code: Select all

{
            type = "trivial-smoke",
            name = "santa_biter_vto_flame",
            animation = {
                filename = "__base__/graphics/entity/rocket-silo/10-rocket-under/jet-flame.png",
                width = 88,
                height = 132,
                frame_count = 1,
                line_length = 8,
                animation_speed = 0.5,
                scale = 0.75
            },
            duration = 1,
            affected_by_wind = false,
            show_when_smoke_off = true,
            movement_slow_down_factor = 1,
            render_layer = "smoke"
        }

Muppet9010
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.78] Trivial smoke duration is 1 short

Post by Muppet9010 »

I gave up trying to re-produce the different effects and just changed to switch between an entity and a rendered animation to get the desired effect.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.78] Trivial smoke duration is 1 short

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. This is most likely related to creating the smoke during an input action vs during entity update. The input actions can run before the tick count is increased and so when you make a smoke the tick count increases and the smoke "existed for 1 tick" and so doesn't render.

That's working correctly: if you don't want that behavior then you just can't have 1-tick smokes because depending on when you create them and in reaction to what they just won't render.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Minor issues”