[MOD 0.17] Industrial Revolution

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.17] Industrial Revolution

Post by Deadlock989 »

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version: 1.0.7
Date: 23. 10. 2019

Crafting:
- Added robotowers, a slimmer, cheaper, smaller range roboport. Allows for personal logistics/trash and automated repairs much earlier in the Steel Age.
- Added racing monowheels, a winged Chrome Age iteration, faster than any other non-rail vehicle but still no weapons. Battery powered.
- Added watchtowers, a form of "burner radar", Stone Age tech. They only reveal the map remotely, they do not provide an active view of the local area.
- Added Iron Age filter inserters. These operate at the same speed as yellow inserters but have filtering capability.
- Sensors are now unlocked with electronics and do not contain steel.
- Car and copper monowheel recipes tweaked.
- Gem cost of field effectors and lasers was multiplied substantially.
- Electric labs no longer have yellow inserters as ingredients (and therefore no longer require them as a research prerequisite).
- Electronics cost of centrifuges and arc turrets moved back a tier. Centrifuges also no longer require chrome-plated components.
- Cables are no longer "derivative" components, i.e. they are only unlocked when first needed, not at the material milestone.
- The "default" crafting speed for any vanilla recipe that left it undefined but has ingredients adjusted by IR is now 1 second rather than 0.5.
- Optical controllers and computers now the same crafting tier as optical circuits, i.e. they only require an electric assembler, not laser.

Science:
- Science pack tier progression was reworked again for a lot of the tech tree, especially military and other "bonus" technologies.
- Ammo turret damage research was removed. Turret bonuses were re-integrated with physical projectile research.
- Rocket and tank cannon firing rate technologies were removed and not replaced.
- Stronger explosives research was reverted to vanilla bonuses.
- Miniguns were moved out of Military 3 into their own technology. They require Projectile Fire Rate 4 research to be completed first.
- Miniguns no longer get a researchable fire rate bonus - they are simply always more rapid than submachine guns, locked to 30 rounds/s.
- Robot battery research was nerfed, but it remains infinite, so, eh.

Military:
- Tanks are now partly constructed from titanium. Electronics removed.
- The cost of rockets, tank cannon shells, artillery shells increased.
- Minigun ammo now has a stack size of 20, affording improved inventory density per round over magazines; but ammo belt crafting time was increased.
- Turrets were given some resistance to fire and acid. The game currently only displays this info in tooltips for turrets belonging to an enemy force.

Tweaks:
- Autogun turrets were re-rendered. The old version had a minor glitch with spinning gears when firing. The new version has a smoother 3-frame firing animation and more efficient atlas usage.
- Due to the improved tooltips introduced in 0.17.75, all IR "fake tooltip" info was removed from basic product items and processing recipe descriptions.
- The extra tooltip info on ammo/guns/turrets was left in. Now uses the same fonts and colours as the new tooltips.
- Long-handed inserter rotation speed was slowed to the same as the normal length inserters of the same tier.
- Inserter icons have an identifier overlay if they are a long-handed or a filter variant.
- Ammo turret alt-mode icons are shifted downwards onto the base of the turret.
- Reinforced steel walls have more appropriate deconstruction and car impact sounds.
- Added a custom icon for the charged battery fuel category.
- Coal and crushed coal icons are a bit lighter.
- Input flow limit removed from laser turrets and arc turrets, which fixes the glitchy energy bar in the new tooltips.
- Filters were added to supported control script event handlers, theoretically giving a very small performance boost during construction/deconstruction.

Fixes:
- Fixed an oversight in the generator manager control script, which triggered an error if the player used a third party mod's vehicle equipment grid while in a characterless state.
- Fixed an oversight in a recipe-parsing function that could cause an error if it encountered a valid third party mod recipe that was only available in expensive mode.
- Fixed some typos in ingredient definitions which could trigger an error with other mods that defined a variable called "item" with global scope.
- Fixed that display plates did not inherit the map marker on/off setting or update any existing map markers when copy-pasting settings from plate to plate.
- Fixed that the display plate gui "rubber grid" for empty slots would light up on mouseover once the display symbol had been changed at least once.

Known issues:
- Minigun turrets fire slower than minigun weapons, at 20 rounds/s. This cannot currently be fixed without reducing the quality of the firing animation. See forum thread 76805.

Compatibility:
- IR now requires Factorio stable release 0.17.79 or above.
- If installed, Deadlock's Larger Lamps version 1.3.0 is now required.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

Turrets were given some resistance to fire and acid. The game currently only displays this info in tooltips for turrets belonging to an enemy force.
Did you try setting https://wiki.factorio.com/Prototype/Ent ... esistances to false?

There's some minor balance stuff I don't agree with in this patch, I'll be making my own change/balancing mod that depends on this one in the near future.

Regardless of that, I want to repeat that your mod is incredibly well done. I am amazed at how well you managed to balance it. Thank you so much for making it.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

chrisdec
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by chrisdec »

hello i have an error on the latest version you have uploaded

https://imgur.com/zMXiteY

MrDiap
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MrDiap »

chrisdec wrote: ↑
Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:44 am

Same for me :( was about to start new map.

MrDiap
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MrDiap »

Game is broken for me as well.

IR and Krastorio + Krastorio graphics + Rampart.

Thank you!

Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by 008 »

Deadlock989 wrote: ↑
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:34 pm
Version: 1.0.7
Date: 23. 10. 2019
It's 11 not 10.

chrisdec
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by chrisdec »

MrDiap wrote: ↑
Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:06 am

mine iss caused by infinety mode mod

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

Bilka wrote: ↑
Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:20 am
There's some minor balance stuff I don't agree with in this patch, I'll be making my own change/balancing mod that depends on this one in the near future.
Adjustments mod has been released: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/industria ... djustments

These are the changes:
  • Undoes the long handed red inserter nerf.
  • Reverses how the watchtower works, now it reveals the nearby area and doesn't scan chunks.
  • Orders the long handed inserter after the (slow) filter inserter.
  • Shows the resistances of turrets in their tooltips.
The mod code, for those interested.
@Deadlock only the gun and laser turret have resistances set. This could be a bug in your mod.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

xeln4g4
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by xeln4g4 »

Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:21 am

same error here. Can't load previous save.

nosports
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nosports »

I may have seen a glitch...

when using the upgrade-planer the icons of the logistic depots are still the icons of the steel depot....

Btw: i find the steel depot somewhat dark of color

Cribbit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Cribbit »

Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:23 pm
[*] Reverses how the watchtower works, now it reveals the nearby area and doesn't scan chunks.
I actually like that it's a scanner and not a nearby reveal. I don't think your base should or needs to be massive before you reach electricity. However, finding first iron/rubber in early game can be a pain. Also, a burner radar can make super fast & cheap remote view outposts with a single building & some fuel.

Nanao-kun
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Nanao-kun »

I'm not entirely sure if IR is the cause, but I'm unable to craft uranium fuel cells. They can only be made in batches of 10, and I can neither craft them by hand, assembly machine, or centrifuge. There doesn't seem to be any way to craft them at all.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

Cribbit wrote: ↑
Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:59 pm
[*] Reverses how the watchtower works, now it reveals the nearby area and doesn't scan chunks.
I actually like that it's a scanner and not a nearby reveal. I don't think your base should or needs to be massive before you reach electricity. However, finding first iron/rubber in early game can be a pain.
I found that I needed a nearby reveal when I was just getting to iron, so my version of the watchtower is exactly that. Scouting for resources etc can be done with the monowheel, while nearby reveal doesn't have an alternative. So, in my opinion, with my adjustments it's possible to have both nearby reveal and long range scouting with different buildings, while stock IR only allows long range scouting.
Also, a burner radar can make super fast & cheap remote view outposts with a single building & some fuel.
Radars are a priority target of biters, so take care to not get your outpost eaten :)

Repairmanski
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Repairmanski »

xeln4g4 wrote: ↑
Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:16 pm
Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:21 am

same error here. Can't load previous save.

It appears related to this fix:
- Fixed some typos in ingredient definitions which could trigger an error with other mods that defined a variable called "item" with global scope.
It would appear that mods referencing global 'item' break when the item in question has been replaced? For me it was Bulk Rail Loader >https://mods.factorio.com/mod/railloader likely due to the hidden inserters.

I wanted the IR update but not bad enough to redo 50+ stations. I ended up reverting to 1.0.6 manually.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Repairmanski wrote: ↑
Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:22 pm
It appears related to this fix:
It has absolutely nothing to do with that.

It is an error caused by some trivial code that adds overlays to inserter icons if they are long-handed or filter variants. I didn't remember to check that each inserter actually has an item to place it.

I'll fix it later in the week.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

Undoes the long handed red inserter nerf.
Honestly I think they should have the same speed, but I think they both should be at 0.02 or even more. The base game decision to make long inserters 50% faster then short ones isn't really understandable for me anyway. Also the step from 0.014(Normal) to 0.04(Fast) is to big in my mind anyway. One could think that 0.02 for normal speed electric and burner would be good, you are punished enough by having to provide fuel and in base game you aren't using them much anyway and 0.04 for fast ones. Or find other values that fit nicely like 0.025(1.5/s 10 inserters fill a basic belt) and 0.05. Also 70kJ per swing for burner and 6kJ for normal inserter is a bit much in may mind. I would say about 10kJ per swing for burner would be good.

Also how exactly does energy_per_rotation/movement work? I imagine it's energy_per_rotation for every full rotation and energy_per_movement for every tile?
Last edited by ukezi on Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

MrDiap
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MrDiap »

Repairmanski wrote: ↑
Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:22 pm
I wanted the IR update but not bad enough to redo 50+ stations. I ended up reverting to 1.0.6 manually.
Could you share how can I revert to older version of the addon?

DaleStan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DaleStan »

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Industria ... /downloads

Download the version you want and put it in your mods folder. Delete the newer version, or hop through some hoops in the mods window to explicitly select the older version.

Derringer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Derringer »

- Rocket and tank cannon firing rate technologies were removed and not replaced.
Ouch! That's going to make uprooting nests at evolution 50-90 much more troublesome. My tactic has been to get close enough to knock over 2-4 spawners or worms with single-target rockets, back up, and pepper the resulting angry mob with steel or titanium shot.

I guess the only consolation there is that with explosive damage 6 I can two-shot big worms and one-shot pretty much any other structure.
- Science pack tier progression was reworked again for a lot of the tech tree, especially military and other "bonus" technologies.
Dang nab it! I've been trying to avoid turret creep cheese, but if personal and vehicle weapons are that badly nerfed...

Cribbit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Cribbit »

Derringer wrote: ↑
Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:01 am
Ouch! That's going to make uprooting nests at evolution 50-90 much more troublesome. My tactic has been to get close enough to knock over 2-4 spawners or worms with single-target rockets, back up, and pepper the resulting angry mob with steel or titanium shot.

I guess the only consolation there is that with explosive damage 6 I can two-shot big worms and one-shot pretty much any other structure.
Dang nab it! I've been trying to avoid turret creep cheese, but if personal and vehicle weapons are that badly nerfed...
Turret cover has been the most reliable IMO. Put down turrets just outside worm range, fire rockets into base (since you outrange the worms) and let the turrets kill everything that comes out.

Also personal laser defense is still ridiculously powerful, if you have tanks you should be at least close to getting those.

Return to β€œMods”