Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

snakeru
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by snakeru »

Hexalan wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:35 am
Khaim wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:53 pm
coffee_fiend wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:26 pm
I find a ton of desert gardens, and some swamp gardens, but I've never see a temperate garden.
It's listed in some recipes, so is it supposed to spawn on the map like the other gardens?
I also had only desert gardens (and trees) for quite a while, but I eventually found both other types. I think some of it may be related to your starting area. I made mine huge, and based on where the enemies spawned the starting area had only desert gardens.
So yes, they do exist. Unless you have some other mod that changed the map generation?
I think this is a bug as well. I've gotten everything else, trees and garden wise but never have I seen a temperate garden in 0.17. The only thing I find in temperate areas (going by temperate tree spawns) are puffer nests. IMHO there's an over abundance of puffer nests, they're everywhere. I've even gone so far as to specifically try search out the temperate gardens and spent an entire night last night just driving in one general direction looking for them. Again, everything else, no temperate gardens. I thought it was just bad rng with generation on one map, but this is the second map in a row that I've found this issue.
I am also not able to find it despite of usage of the god mode. I have disabled all mods except Bobs and Angels and yet, I can only find these:
screenshot-20192411-191935.png
screenshot-20192411-191935.png (708.52 KiB) Viewed 6300 times
screenshot-20192411-192003.png
screenshot-20192411-192003.png (607.54 KiB) Viewed 6300 times
screenshot-20192411-200018.png
screenshot-20192411-200018.png (312.63 KiB) Viewed 6300 times
screenshot-20192411-194906.png
screenshot-20192411-194906.png (538.41 KiB) Viewed 6300 times
screenshot-20192411-201257.png
screenshot-20192411-201257.png (364.13 KiB) Viewed 6299 times
screenshot-20192411-201552.png
screenshot-20192411-201552.png (317.92 KiB) Viewed 6299 times

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

I am pretty sure I had found some temperate gardens in 0.17 on some map. Not on the first two AngelBob maps I have played, though. Maybe the third or the fourth. Felt like I had to restart several times because of bad planning.

So, I also have the impression they are very hard to find. And I had to explore large areas on the map to find them in the first place. It might be related to the general scarcity of temperate climate, and may highly depend on your starting position. I don't mean the starting area size, but literally the biome type that you start in: sand or red desert, humid areas, or the thin line in between that might be considered temperate. The most common that I was able to find (across several maps) was the desert garden and the desert tree. But my sample size is fairly small, so … I don't know whether this is a fair assesment.

In addition, Alien Biomes may be changing the frequency even more. However, I am not sure exactly how the two interact.

p0m1d0rka
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by p0m1d0rka »

I have a lot of copper ore, 100k+ and 0 iron.
Where should I spend copper ore?

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Who forces you to produce copper ore in the first place?

If you have a lot of it, spending on copper wires for circuits is a good idea, maybe copper pipes for petrochemical processing. Turning it into bronze unlocks red belts and bronze pipes. The bronze pipe to ground has a longer reach than the copper version.

If you really need iron, you could do pure iron ore sorting: saphirite + jivolite + mineral catalyst = iron ore. This process does not have any unwanted byproducts such as copper or slag. In fact, you consume slag to produce the mineral catalyst in the first place.

DaleStan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DaleStan »

I'd guess you need to process less saphirite/jivolite and instead process more stiratite/crontinnium. If you're going all the way to purified crystals, you might even stop at crystals for now, since purified gives you 1.5 iron ore per copper ore, while everything else gives you 2 iron ore per copper ore.

You could even dial the tech way back, and smelt crushed saphirite without sorting it at all. This won't work if you specifically need iron ore, though.

DTSephiroth
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DTSephiroth »

Not sure if this is the place but...

Logistic Ore Silo (storage) doesn't have a filter slot.

redstorm
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by redstorm »

I have run into a problem installing the mods
Attachments
error.png
error.png (20.75 KiB) Viewed 6085 times

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

redstorm wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:43 am
I have run into a problem installing the mods
Can you provide a list of all mods you are trying to load, possibly including version numbers?

redstorm
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by redstorm »

I am on hopefully the latest version of the mods and here's the list hopefully
Attachments
mod-list.json
(4.94 KiB) Downloaded 111 times

redstorm
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by redstorm »

I have looked and went through and put my mod list into a text doc for better understanding of what I am using
Attachments
mods.rtf
(1.92 KiB) Downloaded 90 times

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

That list is very long. The problem may be caused by a different mod (or combination thereof), and not necessarily rooted in angel's petrochem.
The error message only indicates that some mod you are trying to load is incompatible with angel's petrochem.

Can you try to deactivate some mods from that list and try to load again?
It might take some time, but when you repeat this process, you can find a minimal set of mods that shows this problem.
Maybe it is only a single mod that causes this conflict.

To speed up the search, try to activate the mods in groups: "bob's mods", "bob's + angel's", "bob's + angel's + AAI", "bob's + angel's + AAI + […]"
As far as I am aware, the first three options I just gave should not show the error you described earlier.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

I just realized that you try to load Space Exploration together with Bob's + Angel's.
This is not supported by either side.
In addition, SpaceMod (or Space Extension) is incompatible with Space Exploration as well.

I don't think you will be able to load this specific set of mods. You will have to choose between
  • Bob + Angel + SpaceMod
  • Space Exploration
and load the specific version of MoreScience that is compatible with the above choice.

And I don't think that Yuoki Industries is compatible with Space Exploration either. But I have zero experience with Yuoki, so I am not sure.

redstorm
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by redstorm »

I found the issue it was more science with petrochem

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Are you implying that you successfully started Bob's + Angel's + SpaceMod + Space Exploration?

Was your solution to use the version of More Science that is adjusted for Angel+Bob?
See also: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/MoreScien ... sExtension

redstorm
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by redstorm »

I only disabled the mods in question but I just tried that mod and it caused some problems with other mods

Lyngs
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Lyngs »

Angel's Refining.

Ore sorting facility. Two recipes result in a "Something went wrong" token.

1x Hybrid Catalyst
3x Purified Stiratite
3x Purified Rubyte
3x Purified Bobmonium

1x Hybrid Catalyst
3x Purified Jivolite
3x Purified Stiratite
3x Purified Rubyte

Dependencies installed:

Base
bobplates
bobrevamp

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evandy »

Bob’s hydrogen gas has fuel value, but apparently angels does not... is there a reason for this? Seems like it shouldn’t be changed by angels?

p0m1d0rka
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by p0m1d0rka »

valneq wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:29 am
Who forces you to produce copper ore in the first place?

If you have a lot of it, spending on copper wires for circuits is a good idea, maybe copper pipes for petrochemical processing. Turning it into bronze unlocks red belts and bronze pipes. The bronze pipe to ground has a longer reach than the copper version.

If you really need iron, you could do pure iron ore sorting: saphirite + jivolite + mineral catalyst = iron ore. This process does not have any unwanted byproducts such as copper or slag. In fact, you consume slag to produce the mineral catalyst in the first place.
ty for advices.
now I have a save problem with lead. This mod does not have any lead hungry recipes = (
Cause of this I have a lot of lead
Now i am on penult ore tear and only sorting it

p0m1d0rka
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by p0m1d0rka »

Maybe tear 1 ammo should be cost leaf instead iron plates?

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Who needs leaves ?!?
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Return to “Angels Mods”