[.17.79] Hand icon in wrong slot when swapping items in inventory

Bugs that are actually features.
Introprospector
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[.17.79] Hand icon in wrong slot when swapping items in inventory

Post by Introprospector »

Hi,

Normally when you select an item from your inventory a little hand icon appears in it's place, and the item sprite for that item hovers near your cursor to indicate that you've picked it up. When swapping out the item that you're holding with something else in your inventory, the hand icon remains in the first item's slot. Just a minor graphical bug, expected behavior would be for the hand indicator to move to the new item's slot and for the first item to go back.

Thanks.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [.17.79] Hand icon in wrong slot when swapping items in inventory

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however that's working correctly. Clicking an item in the inventory and then clicking another swaps the 2 items. That's the literal definition of how to swap 2 items in an inventory :)

The hand staying on the original slot is correct.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

I guess the confusion of the OP is based on the default setting of the character inventory always being sorted. However, this setting can be deactivated. Then it is far less obvious how things "should" behave. I think that, just as Rseding91 said, keeping the hand on the original slot works best in cases when the inventory is not automatically sorted, and is fine/alright when it is sorted automatically. It just gets sorted automatically after the items are being dropped into the inventory again.

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

let me re-open this.

The items shift over the hand which makes no sense and is annoying. It should either move to the item which I picked up or move with the items and not stay at some slot.

Return to “Not a bug”