shift-click ammo to trash

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Honktown
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

shift-click ammo to trash

Post by Honktown »

Ammo is the only thing I can't shift-click to trash. Is there a way to enable that?
I have mods! I guess!
Link

hale42
Inserter
Inserter

Re: shift-click ammo to trash

Post by hale42 »

I don't know if you can change it, but its being auto-moved to your ammo slot for your weapon.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

As far as I know, there is no way to do that at the moment. However, the GUIs will change in the future. I remember that this topic was specifically mentioned in an FFF that was addressing the coming updates to the character screen. After their intended changes, you will be able to shift-click your ammo into trash. Just can't find that FFF right now.

Honktown
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Honktown »

hale42 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:04 pm
I don't know if you can change it, but its being auto-moved to your ammo slot for your weapon.
Oh that makes sense. I didn't even think about it, and I have used shift-click to change ammo a lot.
valneq wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:53 pm
As far as I know, there is no way to do that at the moment. However, the GUIs will change in the future. I remember that this topic was specifically mentioned in an FFF that was addressing the coming updates to the character screen. After their intended changes, you will be able to shift-click your ammo into trash. Just can't find that FFF right now.
Now that hale42 mentioned it, it makes sense it doesn't. Trashing should probably be assignable in the controls (I just checked, it's not under inventory).
I have mods! I guess!
Link

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

valneq wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:53 pm
I remember that this topic was specifically mentioned in an FFF that was addressing the coming updates to the character screen. […] Just can't find that FFF right now.
It was
https://factorio.com/blog/post/fff-289

starkita
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by starkita »

Best way to dispose of bullets, is on biters corpses...

Return to “Gameplay Help”