How to draw attention of moderators to posts that don't break rules?

Discussions related to the forums itself. Call for moderators. Trash Posts area.
Dev-iL
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

How to draw attention of moderators to posts that don't break rules?

Post by Dev-iL »

Hello everybody,

Suppose there's a post (by somebody else) which seems to be posted in the wrong sub-forum (e.g. Suggestions instead of Bugs). Now I would like to draw the attention of a mod so that it is moved to the appropriate place. What is the right way to do so? Should I use a flag? Should I reply to the post with some @moderators tag? Should I PM a specific mod? Should I create a separate post about it here?

If flagging is the preferred method, I would suggest how to make the flagging form better so that it's clear it can be used for this.

Thanks!
Leading Hebrew translator of Factorio.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: How to draw attention of moderators to posts that don't break rules?

Post by Koub »

Preferred method is reporting the post (with the report feature), which allows to add a comment on why the report.
Or you can PM one of the moderators with a link to the post, and the same explaination. This is suboptimal, because you'll have to wait that particular moderator sees and has the time to do the topic move you're requesting.
I'd go with the first solution.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Dev-iL
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: How to draw attention of moderators to posts that don't break rules?

Post by Dev-iL »

Thank you for your inputs.

In this case I suggest changing the confusing phrasing on the reporting page,
Reporting should generally be used only if the post breaks forum rules.
to something clearer, like
Reporting is typically for when posts break forum rules, but can also be used to draw moderator attention for another reason.
Of course this is just a suggestion - I don't mind what you end up writing there, as long as the current string is changed.
Leading Hebrew translator of Factorio.

Return to “This Forum”