[0.17.79] Pollution modifier is not shown in tooltips or info panes for speed and efficiency modules

Things that has been reported already before.
Kayanor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

[0.17.79] Pollution modifier is not shown in tooltips or info panes for speed and efficiency modules

Post by Kayanor »

Speed and efficiency modules don't show their pollution modifier in any tooltip or info pane, only productivity modules do.

As far as I can remember, when speed and efficiency modules showed their pollution modifier in any tooltip they are related to. Be it below the recipe or in the info pane while inserted into a machine. As of 0.17.79 I can only see this information on the productivity modules.

What I expected:
The pollution modifier is shown for speed, efficiency, and productivity modules on their own tooltips, as well as on the info pane of any machine they got inserted into.

What actually happened:
The module tooltip for speed modules only shows the speed and the power consumption modifier, the efficiency modules only the power consumption modifier. Only the productivity modules correctly show power consumption, speed, productivity and pollution modifiers. When inserted into machines, the pollution modifier is actually applied but not listed in the info pane, only productivity modules show it. See images in attachments for clarification.

Steps to reproduce:
  1. Load any save file where modules are researched,
  2. open the character gui and hover over the module recipes (only productivity modules show their pollution modifier,)
  3. close the character gui,
  4. take a look at the default pollution for any machine in its info pane and remember the value,
  5. insert a speed or efficiency module into a machine (the pollution value will change, but no modifier shows up,)
  6. insert a productivity module into the same machine (the pollution value will change again, the pollution modifier will appear in the info pane but only show the productivity module's pollution modifier.)
Former moderator.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.17.79] Pollution modifier is not shown in tooltips or info panes for speed and efficiency modules

Post by orzelek »

Another one in the "energy consumption modifies pollution" trap.
They modify energy consumption and that results in change of pollution proportionally.

NaB

Kayanor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.17.79] Pollution modifier is not shown in tooltips or info panes for speed and efficiency modules

Post by Kayanor »

orzelek wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:22 pm
Another one in the "energy consumption modifies pollution" trap.
They modify energy consumption and that results in change of pollution proportionally.

NaB
Ah yes, thanks for the links!
I can only see productivity modules, but there seems to be an explanation in that one thread.
But why do I remember an explicit pollution modifier on speed and efficiency modules?
(Seems about time this issue is added to viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3636) ;)
Former moderator.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

Kayanor wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:37 pm
But why do I remember an explicit pollution modifier on speed and efficiency modules?
You remember wrongly. It has never been there.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Return to “Duplicates”