70 hours in my current game and still havent done yellow science

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Mihle
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

70 hours in my current game and still havent done yellow science

Post by Mihle »

70 hours in my current (first) game and still havent done yellow science.....
There have been so much of taking things down to build it new and improved and lots of other stuff.
Building an overkill Nuclear Reactor for what I need currently, added lots of modules to different stuff, and more.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: 70 hours in my current game and still havent done yellow science

Post by valneq »

You're doing great! Sounds like a very successful first game so far.

My first game was horrible in comparison. No uranum processing, just a couple solar panels, mostly steam engines, repeated power problems. Incorrectly planned out main bus with more patches than structure. Heaps of spagghetti in between every production structure. A metastasizing tumor of oil refinery. Horribly inefficient train network. I used modules only after launching my first couple of rockets. Took me waay over 100 hours to launch the first rocket. But meh. Was fun fiddling with all the little small things. And I learned the base structure of the game. Overall: success!
:D

Have fun puzzling about with yellow, purple and space science. Will be good!
:-)

Mihle
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Mihle »

valneq wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:12 pm
You're doing great! Sounds like a very successful first game so far.

My first game was horrible in comparison. No uranum processing, just a couple solar panels, mostly steam engines, repeated power problems. Incorrectly planned out main bus with more patches than structure. Heaps of spagghetti in between every production structure. A metastasizing tumor of oil refinery. Horribly inefficient train network. I used modules only after launching my first couple of rockets. Took me waay over 100 hours to launch the first rocket. But meh. Was fun fiddling with all the little small things. And I learned the base structure of the game. Overall: success!
:D

Have fun puzzling about with yellow, purple and space science. Will be good!
:-)
I mean, I think I have used long time in current game compared to what other people would but I have learned stuff.

My mail "bus" is 1 copper and 1 iron plates blue belt, I would have made it 2 each of there was space for it there but it wasn't so I made a second "bus" going in parallel on the other side of some parts of the factory, just half the length, basically just going to a single thing currently. There is quite a bit of spagetti but little bit less than before I improved lots of stuff.
I want to relocate my blue circuits production a third time now and hopefully the last in a while, even if that was the thing I did right before making nuclear reactor bigger (that I dont actually needed yet but did anyway), I spotted that it would cause issues if I didn't move it again...
Also want to move my oil possessing area little bit, I could do yellow science without doing it but I want to, haven't decided what to do first of them yet, knowing myself I will possibly end up moving it before doing yellow science....
Have to possibly make a new outpost soon too but that could possibly wait.

My train "network" does not have any dual likes yet as the trains I have go on all different direction. Well, two of them goes the same direction from my main base but I personally will only do shared rails with signals when I need 3 trains going somewhat same direction.

I did do purple science, but was sat partly on pause because improvements I did that shut down red circuit production totally... just haven't done yellow.

I think I will use longer than 100 for rocket possibly....

coppercoil
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by coppercoil »

You don’t need to launch the rocked in XX hours (unless you are a speedrunner). You need to enjoy by engineering activity. That’s quite broad term. Of course, our first buildings are crappy, so we also enjoy by making them better, by discovering new things and tricks.
By the way, I dropped my first game after blue science because there was a horrible mess. I learned a lot, and could not look at it anymore :D. The second try was much better. And the third was… And the fourth…

GlassDeviant
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by GlassDeviant »

Mihle wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:53 pm
I mean, I think I have used long time in current game compared to what other people would but I have learned stuff.
Everyone is different. I started a long time ago, so there were no yellow science packs, but I definitely went in some directions that some might consider unusual and others consider brilliant (if brilliant = "WTF are you doing idiot?"). As long as you are having fun, it doesn't matter.
- GD

Sorry if my posts are becoming difficult to read, my typing ability is rapidly deteriorating due to a nerve disorder. I try to clean them up before posting but don't always get every last typo.

netmand
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by netmand »

It's great to see how much fun is being had before the more powerful techs kick in.

I hope you post about how much your map changes or doesn't change after you start using techs that are granted via yellow (utility) science recipes.

Return to “General discussion”