[0.17+] Space Exploration WIP

Topics and discussion about specific mods
ztn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.17+] Space Exploration WIP

Post by ztn »

do we have a single player who achieve this 20 black science/minute result? in my game i make 0.7 black science packets/minute and gave up... :( really want to see save game file or at least several screenshots of such base.

TumakWartorn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TumakWartorn »

Okay, let's try a different question: is the end game for Space Exploration finished? i.e. do something with the "anomoly." Or is that still WIP too?

TumakWartorn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Location via triangulation

Post by TumakWartorn »

By setting up dummy ships (command console only, no engines) in three locations on the star map I've been able to determine what stars the planets and moons orbit, without a planetary/solar system map. Would still rather have the solar system map.

luc
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by luc »

The meteors seem to come way too often for me. In the intro I read they're supposed to be rare, but I get like 20 per in-game day, all over my factory. I first tried defending myself with 4 Meteor space defense installations (with ammo, charged full) but they don't even try to stop a single meteor. I never see them use ammo or recharge, so it's not as if they fire and miss.

At least, I'm assuming that the random damage to my base is meteor strikes right?! Sometimes leaves copper ore or so.

Since that didn't work, I figured it's buggy and I tried to disable the meteors altogether with the setting, but I can set it only to 2880. Fine, 2880 it is, I'll figure this bug out later. But the rate hasn't slowed, at least not noticeably.

What do?

TumakWartorn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TumakWartorn »

I have 5 meteor defense installations. Rarely get a meteor strike that hurts anything. If that helps.

Episode922
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Episode922 »

Hi all.
i m playing this great mod with another great one called Hellmod.
when navigation uplink is opened, if a right click on the button s name of any planet or moon, i ve got a recipe selector windowed which opened.
I post this on hellmod forum too.

luc
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by luc »

TumakWartorn wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:15 pm
I have 5 meteor defense installations. Rarely get a meteor strike that hurts anything. If that helps.
I guess it confirms that it is a bug and that a few meteor defense installations should usually do the trick, but for some reason not in my save.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

luc wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:02 pm
The meteors seem to come way too often for me. In the intro I read they're supposed to be rare, but I get like 20 per in-game day, all over my factory. I first tried defending myself with 4 Meteor space defense installations (with ammo, charged full) but they don't even try to stop a single meteor. I never see them use ammo or recharge, so it's not as if they fire and miss.

At least, I'm assuming that the random damage to my base is meteor strikes right?! Sometimes leaves copper ore or so.

Since that didn't work, I figured it's buggy and I tried to disable the meteors altogether with the setting, but I can set it only to 2880. Fine, 2880 it is, I'll figure this bug out later. But the rate hasn't slowed, at least not noticeably.

What do?
A goddamn meteor landed right in the middle of my base, destroying a box with precious 400 iron plates in the process ! :lol:
(Way earlier than I could research meteor defence...)
I don't mind much though, I think I got that iron back from the meteor leftovers at this point...
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Gouldukat
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Gouldukat »

Hello

Something that is bugging me, why white belts underground are shorter then the blue counterpart, same with space pipe so short ! i cant jump under buildings !!!??? (if nothing come up i will look in to mod the mod :-p)

i looked if someone posted already this and did not found it

Thanks Earendel

AlexMBrennan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by AlexMBrennan »

The game still crashes when trying to return to the surface in a capsule in version 0.1.145 with the following error message:
Error while running event space-exploration::on_tick (ID 0)
LuaEntity API call when LuaEntity was invalid
stack traceback:
_ _space-exploration_ _/scripts/capsule.lua:193: in function 'callback'
_ _space-exploration_ _/scripts/event.lua:14 in function
<_ _space-exploration_ _/scripts/event.lua:12>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function '_ _index'
_ _space-exploration_ _/scripts/capsule.lua:193: in function 'callback'
_ _space-exploration_ _/scripts/event.lua:14: in function
<_ _space-exploration_ _/scripts/event.lua:12>
Gouldukat wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:46 pm
Something that is bugging me, why white belts underground are shorter then the blue counterpart, same with space pipe
Because that is how the mod author wanted the space logistics to work. Note that the pipe description explicitly points out the "limited range".

CorBlimey
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by CorBlimey »

just a thank you post. Having such a blast with this mod after my previous sadomasochistic playthroughs of stuff like Sea block / BA. Very nice alternative playstyle when you want a bit more 'gameplay'

germanridge
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Space Category Missing From My Crafting Menu

Post by germanridge »

Apologies if this is addressed somewhere else, I did not see it. My Crafting Menu only contains the default 4 categories, Logistics, Production, Intermediate and Combat. In watching some of the playthrus on YT, another category shows... Space. Does it appear after a certain research item? I believe I have all the mods required correctly installed.

Thanks

CorBlimey
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Space Category Missing From My Crafting Menu

Post by CorBlimey »

germanridge wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:00 pm
Apologies if this is addressed somewhere else, I did not see it. My Crafting Menu only contains the default 4 categories, Logistics, Production, Intermediate and Combat. In watching some of the playthrus on YT, another category shows... Space. Does it appear after a certain research item? I believe I have all the mods required correctly installed.

Thanks
yeah I think categories only show when you have at least one recipe unlocked. The earliest item is probably rocket fuel or heat shielding. You can double check everything is ok by checking valid filters on a filter inserter or a combinator and seeing that it has space stuff. Also if you can make glass then yea, its fine

germanridge
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Space Category Missing From My Crafting Menu

Post by germanridge »

CorBlimey wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:59 pm
germanridge wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:00 pm

Thanks
yeah I think categories only show when you have at least one recipe unlocked. The earliest item is probably rocket fuel or heat shielding. You can double check everything is ok by checking valid filters on a filter inserter or a combinator and seeing that it has space stuff. Also if you can make glass then yea, its fine
Heat Shielding research allowed the Space category, as you said. Many thanks!

CorBlimey
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by CorBlimey »

For Core Mining, is there a recipe that lets you "delete" a product? (bit like in Seablock flaring a gas or liquid clarifier)
I suppose part of the challenge is to efficiently compact the resources to a suitable product for interplanetary shipping

Pestus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Pestus »

CorBlimey wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:58 pm
For Core Mining, is there a recipe that lets you "delete" a product? (bit like in Seablock flaring a gas or liquid clarifier)
I suppose part of the challenge is to efficiently compact the resources to a suitable product for interplanetary shipping
No. The challenge is all outputs need to be dealt with or the core miner stops. Once properly removed, it may build up garbage materials such as endless barrels of crude, or stone, or what have you. To make one run properly for Nauvis in our game, is we built a liquification plant to make plastic and rocket fuel to do away with the excess coal, we piped the oil directly to a refinery output, and circuited it so that it always favours the core miner over the pumpjacks. Any excess gets barreled and thrown onto a rocket for space use. The ores we smelted and placed on our main conveyor bus, again priority being core miner output over train/landing pad delivery. We ended up with a stockpile of stone ore we couldn't deal with, but it means we may never need to open a new stone mine on Nauvis.

We built another core miner on a moon, which was oil focused. Similar challenges, with different solutions.

Bottom line, is the core miner gives what it gives, and you have to figure out how to best deal with over abundances of materials you don't need. Risks are storage chests full of garbage, or something not getting processed so the core miner will backup and halt. This is similar to fluid mechanics in a refinery if it's various outputs aren't managed.

Meculus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Meculus »

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ph7Bqc ... sp=sharing

I have a problem. I have a full spaceship that says it has no problems, but won't fly. What's wrong?

Pestus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Pestus »

Meculus wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:09 pm
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ph7Bqc ... sp=sharing

I have a problem. I have a full spaceship that says it has no problems, but won't fly. What's wrong?
Did you do an integrity check?

Sometimes when you change the destination your fuel requirements will grow, meaning you need more fuel.

Sometimes I've found the need to change the destination and then change it back so as to correct it.

If you modify the space ship it will sometimes change names because its technically a new space ship so again another integrity check.

Structural integrity will mean you may have built the ship too big for your tech level.

Container level will mean you may have added too many chests or fluid tanks.

Other than these aspects which are more or less as intended, I'm not sure if anyone can help without more information. Screenshots of the rocket UI might help, or a description of the issue.

Illiander42
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Illiander42 »

I know this is still early stages atm, but if you need a vaguely programmer-competent tester for Industrial Revolution compatibility, I'd love to volunteer.

I just need to figure out how to get them to load together atm. Oil Processing apparently needs space biochem, which needs oil processing. But I can't see why oil processing needs space biochem?

---

And I see why it does it. It's the recipie that makes Oil as a byproduct getting picked up as "the way" to make oil by IR's tech tree builder.

Blackheart81
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Blackheart81 »

First off, I really enjoy the mod and am having alot of fun with it.

I wanted to make a small request if it's possible with all your other work. I was wondering if you'd be willing to release a stand alone mod with just the new graphics of the modules. I really love the module graphics in SE and would love to have them when I'm playing more vanilla games. I know it's a weird request but the vanilla icons just throw me off after playing SE for so long.

Return to “Mods”