Truck/Vehicle with detachable wagon

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
xARCHONx
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Truck/Vehicle with detachable wagon

Post by xARCHONx »

Hi there

I was thinking of how complex it would be to code the train wagon's to attach to a vehicle or truck-like vehicle and drive around freely. Obviously it won't be the exact some wagons, but it can work in the same manner.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Truck/Vehicle with detachable wagon

Post by valneq »

There are many mods around that add additional vehicles which have a larger cargo capacity in and of themselves.
What is your use case for detachable wagons? How would you automate freely roaming cargo vehicles and prevent crashes?

xARCHONx
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by xARCHONx »

valneq wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:59 am
There are many mods around that add additional vehicles which have a larger cargo capacity in and of themselves.
What is your use case for detachable wagons? How would you automate freely roaming cargo vehicles and prevent crashes?
I wasn't really thinking along the lines of automation.

But it would be nice to set off to a distant mining outpost with everything I need in a cargo wagon attached to my vehicle. I could even attach another fluid wagon with sulfuric acid in it.

This could develop into American Truck Simulator like gameplay where players drive between outposts to deliver goods :D

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

xARCHONx wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:44 am
Hi there

I was thinking of how complex it would be to code the train wagon's to attach to a vehicle or truck-like vehicle and drive around freely. Obviously it won't be the exact some wagons, but it can work in the same manner.
I've tried to make this mod, but it works not as you expect, I found that the distance between "locomotive" and "wagons" is dependent from the speed.
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/LandTrains

xARCHONx
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by xARCHONx »

darkfrei wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:28 am
xARCHONx wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:44 am
Hi there

I've tried to make this mod, but it works not as you expect, I found that the distance between "locomotive" and "wagons" is dependent from the speed.
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/LandTrains
Ah yes, this is more or less what I had in mind. Can you detach the wagons?

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

xARCHONx wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:27 pm
Ah yes, this is more or less what I had in mind. Can you detach the wagons?
I cannot remember, the disconnecting comes automatically by high speed, also I cannot delete this blinking fuel symbol.

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”