Thinking of getting the game if there is ever some type of steam sale for the game.

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
desired799
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Thinking of getting the game if there is ever some type of steam sale for the game.

Post by desired799 »

Game looks pretty cool, as I'm into these type of games. I was wondering if you guys know if there will be any type of steam sales because I've done research and haven't seen any history of a sale on the game.

DerGraue
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Thinking of getting the game if there is ever some type of steam sale for the game.

Post by DerGraue »

The sad thing is: if the game was at 60$/50€ (and yes, it is imho worth that much) and if it was on a 50% sale sometimes it probably would sell better

wobbycarly
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Thinking of getting the game if there is ever some type of steam sale for the game.

Post by wobbycarly »

If you enjoy Factorio, it's very easy to play for a couple of hundred hours, which works out at $0.15 per hour. Compare that with going to the movies...\

(PS. I'm a n00b and only just hit about 2000 hours, so I'm looking at $0.015 per hour, which I consider pretty good value.)

Zool
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zool »

Factorio is a game, that seems to be just one of those thousands of retro-look games in steem, and for that quite expensive ...

... but once you get into it, you start to recognise how different it is from most games you have ever played. I‘d mention its name along the other groundbraking games of all times. Let it be Minecraft, Dune, Command & Conquer, Sim City ...

... and then there is the absolutely amazing support of Mods, just mentioning Bobs Mod as one of the best example.

If this game isn‘t worth 30 bucks for you, you shouldn‘t buy a single AAA-Title aswell.

(Counting 3000 hours in Factorio yet ^^)

astroshak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by astroshak »

Research on temporary price reductions for this game should have revealed the developers’ stance upon such temporary price reductions, eliminating the need for this thread before it was made.

desired799
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by desired799 »

Well, I had a need for this thread and that's all that matters. Not buying the game though, I mostly just play free games like TF2. If I ever have some money to spend, sure. Thanks for the information guys!

Frightning
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Frightning »

desired799 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:04 pm
Well, I had a need for this thread and that's all that matters. Not buying the game though, I mostly just play free games like TF2. If I ever have some money to spend, sure. Thanks for the information guys!
Put it on your Christmas list, someone might get it for you for Christmas. :)

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Frightning wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:33 pm
desired799 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:04 pm
Put it on your Christmas list, someone might get it for you for Christmas. :)
Can confirm that this works.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Cribbit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Cribbit »

Your $$$ to hours of entertainment ratio will be better with Factorio than literally any other paid thing in life, ever.

Kinson25
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Kinson25 »

Cribbit wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:28 am
Your $$$ to hours of entertainment ratio will be better with Factorio than literally any other paid thing in life, ever.
This is why I bought it.

RinDiddy
Inserter
Inserter

Post by RinDiddy »

Just buy it. It's not that much money, even as far as games go. This game blows alot of Big Company $60 releases well out of the water. Try out the demo and if its your thing then get it!

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] OP has had the answer he needed. All the rest is just pointless chatter. Locking the topic.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “General discussion”