Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

arbarbonif
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by arbarbonif »

Either RSO or angel's doesn't respect turning off the infinite ore during map setup. If you turn them off they still appear in the middle of the non-infinite patches.

DrJones
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DrJones »

A deconstruction planner set to 'Trees/rocks only' marks puffer nests for deconstruction, but does not mark crystal rocks for deconstruction. It would be great if crystal rocks were also marked for deconstruction this way.

lstndfnd
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by lstndfnd »

i found a spot where your old ferric chloride solution icon is still being used in your petrochem, when you put the icon in a train station as a name it still shows the brown drop icon not the current icon used everywhere else. the icon i used wast [fluid=ferric-chloride-solution] i got the name from the https://factorio.rotol.me/pack/angels-f15-normal/ page. if this is not a bug what is the correct verbage i need to use to get the new icon?
icon
icon
Annotation 2019-10-11 192231.png (76.6 KiB) Viewed 6433 times
Edit: I finally found the correct verbage to get the updated icon in the train station names. its as follows:[fluid=liquid-ferric-chloride-solution]

CriticalGENERAL
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by CriticalGENERAL »

A while back I had posted in here about a problem I encountered with Infinite ores not spawning Pymods ores as infinite in any way, well after quite some time I have narrowed down my problem and need to ask for assistance again to hopefully fix or push me in the right direction to fix the problem.

In the attached screencap are my mod settings showing the settings for "PyCoal Touched By an Angel" yes I know that's not Infinite ores but ill get to that, in my settings I have enabled Infinite ores on all Pymods ores, but some are obviously bugged it seems and I cant find out why. the Borax, Niobium, and Molybdenum all function as intended when enabled, I can find patches out in the world that have pockets of infinite ore in them, however, all other Pymods ores enabled do NOT spawn infinite types, they do not even show up in the world editor like the earlier mentioned functional ores do. all the ores marked "Unknown Key" do not function even tho their respective finite versions appear as intended just fine. however, at the bottom of the list the "addpyoretoangelsorting" setting for some reason does work as intended even with the "Unknown Key" marking on its setting. (i.e. finding raw borax in the copper sorting line)

Does anyone have any insight as to what is causing such a problem? I have looked over every possible file and line of code I could think to look at and find nothing out of place or conflicting to cause this "Unknown Key" problem, but I am not a professional programmer so I may be overlooking something entirely.
Attachments
PyProblem.jpg
PyProblem.jpg (141.08 KiB) Viewed 6287 times

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

CriticalGENERAL wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:09 pm
A while back I had posted in here about a problem I encountered with Infinite ores not spawning Pymods ores as infinite in any way, well after quite some time I have narrowed down my problem and need to ask for assistance again to hopefully fix or push me in the right direction to fix the problem.

In the attached screencap are my mod settings showing the settings for "PyCoal Touched By an Angel" yes I know that's not Infinite ores but ill get to that, in my settings I have enabled Infinite ores on all Pymods ores, but some are obviously bugged it seems and I cant find out why. the Borax, Niobium, and Molybdenum all function as intended when enabled, I can find patches out in the world that have pockets of infinite ore in them, however, all other Pymods ores enabled do NOT spawn infinite types, they do not even show up in the world editor like the earlier mentioned functional ores do. all the ores marked "Unknown Key" do not function even tho their respective finite versions appear as intended just fine. however, at the bottom of the list the "addpyoretoangelsorting" setting for some reason does work as intended even with the "Unknown Key" marking on its setting. (i.e. finding raw borax in the copper sorting line)

Does anyone have any insight as to what is causing such a problem? I have looked over every possible file and line of code I could think to look at and find nothing out of place or conflicting to cause this "Unknown Key" problem, but I am not a professional programmer so I may be overlooking something entirely.
unknown key just means i never gave it a proper name in the localization file. the rest of that ill need to look into and sort it out why its not working

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

There are only a fixed number of ores defined in the infinite ores mod itself. kingarthur adds the infinite PY ores in the compatibility addon. It may be an idea to add a general function to the infinite ore mod that will just randomly generate infinite version for all non defined ores.

CriticalGENERAL
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by CriticalGENERAL »

kingarthur wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:50 pm
CriticalGENERAL wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:09 pm

unknown key just means i never gave it a proper name in the localization file. the rest of that ill need to look into and sort it out why its not working
ah ok that makes a lot of sense, and relives some headache, I was beginning to wonder if maybe I had corrupt files or something and was starting to worry, good to know tho! I guess I did find an actual bug for you to look into too. ^^;
Arch666Angel wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:51 pm
There are only a fixed number of ores defined in the infinite ores mod itself. kingarthur adds the infinite PY ores in the compatibility addon. It may be an idea to add a general function to the infinite ore mod that will just randomly generate infinite version for all non defined ores.
Gotcha, that would explain why just the 3 "unique" ores from the PY set were working and not the others as they can be obtained from other infinite ore means. still, I guess that did spark a new idea for the future it seems.

thanks for the answers, it cleared up a lot for me and has me looking forward to fixes/progress!

LastDragonLord
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by LastDragonLord »

(i'm playing with a lot of mods)

Failed to load mods: Error while running setup for prototype "small-lamp" (recipe):duplicate item ingredients are not allowed (glass exists 2 or more times).

don't know whats the issue (not gonna blame the 200+ mods on) but this one was one of the issues
Mods disabled:
bobelectronics
angelsrefining
pyhightech
aai-industry
pyraores
space-exploration

LastDragonLord
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by LastDragonLord »

LastDragonLord wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:16 pm

Failed to load mods: Error while running setup for prototype "small-lamp" (recipe):duplicate item ingredients are not allowed (glass exists 2 or more times).

don't know whats the issue (not gonna blame the 200+ mods on) but this one was one of the issues
Mods disabled:
bobelectronics
angelsrefining
pyhightech
aai-industry
pyraores
space-exploration
Attachments
errors in factorio.png
errors in factorio.png (23.56 KiB) Viewed 6152 times

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Like it says, you have some recipe that has glass listed 2 times - I'd guess that two different mods added it separately ?
I'm surprised, I thought that this was a change that had been reversed because it caused problems like these ? Or was it only for the results ?
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

LastDragonLord wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:22 pm

Mods disabled:
bobelectronics
angelsrefining
pyhightech
aai-industry
pyraores
space-exploration
Are you running the compatibility mod by kingarthur? Since all items added by angels have a prefix it's not done by my mods, I would rather point you in the direction of PY since this is also an error that seems rather familiar.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Arch666Angel wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:51 am
LastDragonLord wrote:

Mods disabled:
bobelectronics
angelsrefining
pyhightech
aai-industry
pyraores
space-exploration
Are you running the compatibility mod by kingarthur? Since all items added by angels have a prefix it's not done by my mods, I would rather point you in the direction of PY since this is also an error that seems rather familiar.
For that error no he wasnt. It's not even an Angel's mods error but aai industries/space exploration +pymods issue.

Which I've already fixed ages ago.

Mecejide
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mecejide »

Mecejide wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:08 pm
The concrete used in the artillery turret and rocket silo should probably be changed to concrete bricks.
And the nuclear reactor. I just remembered that that uses concrete too.
Edit: Why aren't normal concrete and refined concrete removed in Angel's smelting? Also, I think I found a bug. The reinforced concrete brick is used to build normal concrete.

LastDragonLord
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by LastDragonLord »

Arch666Angel wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:51 am
LastDragonLord wrote:

Mods disabled:
bobelectronics
angelsrefining
pyhightech
aai-industry
pyraores
space-exploration
yes, i am running touch by a Angel

qqllwllpp
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by qqllwllpp »

Greetings, not sure if this is a bug or design decision: natural gas wells yield is 20-100 times bigger than that of multi phase oil wells(same resource settings), this pattern presists with different world generation algorithms. So is it a bug?

Termak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Termak »

qqllwllpp wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:19 pm
Greetings, not sure if this is a bug or design decision: natural gas wells yield is 20-100 times bigger than that of multi phase oil wells(same resource settings), this pattern presists with different world generation algorithms. So is it a bug?
I have asked the same question multiple times on forums and discord without any replies or fixes :(

RenewU
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by RenewU »

I found mixed recipe that doesn't output the intended product.

Aerobic Fermentation: Ethanol, Compost
Products: 1x Compost, 50 Ethanol
Ingredients: 100x Fermentation Base

However, the actual output of this recipe is Acetic Acid.

On the other hand, the recipe:

Aerobic Fermentation Acetic Acid, Compost
Products 1x Compost, 50 Acetic Acid
Ingredients 100x Fermentation Base

actually outputs Ethanol :) The recipes seems to be mixed up somehow.

Hope this help :)

Shotgunface
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Shotgunface »

I'm having a issue with AAI and being able to select mineable ore signals in the combinators for zoning and automation. Example "saphirite ore" is the signal you can choose under refining but the unmined ore goes by just "saphirite" and thus will not show up. The minable ores are under unsorted and need to be sorted under a accessible tab.

RabbitKiller
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by RabbitKiller »

Update .17.78 has broken Angle's Bio Processing

RabbitKiller
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by RabbitKiller »

Attachments