Beginner use of entity build algebra

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
detuqumo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Beginner use of entity build algebra

Post by detuqumo »

Hi, still doing the first Factorio game … been playing the past few weeks … no critters in this first game.

I like to take notes when I'm playing a game since Steam games get complicated very quickly.

As I've been playing this first Factorio game, I discovered it was getting more difficult to remember where stuff was … hence the game notes.

I've developed a relatively simple way to specify where ore is located (ex: center area) via: square within a square horizontal + vertical = hv-hv.

Also, using the extended character set, I discovered a simple algebraic way to describe what is built / connected at a given ore site.

For instance, 2* m1(cp)←t1(s1, cc-lc, ۞) at cc-lt copper ore site describes how a stockpile of s1 (science pack 1) are built.

Note that cc-lt means outer square: horizontal center-vertical center and inner square: horizontal left-vertical top.

And m1 = df<←c(co)>→c(?) meaning drill to furnace supplied (inserter) by chest containing coal and storing (inserter) copper plates in a chest.

Then t1 = a<←╬: ?(?)>→c(?) means the copper plate and ۞ from cc-lc is passed (inserter) to an assembler making s1 inserted into a chest.

Think of m1 and t1 as build segment functions that are fully defined once the argument(s) are supplied.

Note, ?* is a way to specify multiples of the same thing. Anyone taken this approach in Factorio play?
Last edited by detuqumo on Mon May 16, 2022 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General discussion”