Moderator: pyanodon

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: pY Coal Processing - Discussion

Post by kingarthur »

Mithaldu wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:14 pm
Tailing Pool description says "cause pollution by venting gases".

As far as i can tell they don't seem to do that yet.
They're supposed to as the code is there so it should be working. It was one of the oldest parts of it.

I'll check on it later

Mithaldu
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Mithaldu »

To be clear: The venting happens, but they don't show up in the pollution production statistics, don't have a pollution stat. Bit hard to tell from the map if they do anything.

mathiaszealot
Inserter
Inserter

Post by mathiaszealot »

I'll admit it's been several updates since I last ran into this, but I used a Tailings pond to vent excess steam from power houses for a while before I got cooling towers and BOY was that a mistake for the pollution it generated. Have you tried turning on the Show Pollution Values and seeing if the pollution in the chunks with the venting tailings ponds show a pollution peak?

ShadowGlass
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ShadowGlass »

The pollution happens by script, so it doesn't show up in pollution statistics. Kingarthur, you could add it to the statistics from the script, if you want to:

Code: Select all

game.pollution_statistics.on_flow("tailings-pond", count)

Hizi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Hizi »

Script @pycoalprocessing/scripts/tailings-pond.lua:179: {}
Hello, i spot just after login on server that above its posted in console all the time.

Altaric
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Altaric »

Hello,
I have found a desync cause: deconstructing a fawogae farm causes a desync. by hand or with nanobot, both will eject you. Even admin deconstruction.
Admin deletion works (with decon planner in the "none" tab).
Note that We have the pY Vegan mod included which tampers with it by adding invisible beacons to boost their speed/productivity, but the botanical farm doesn't desync.

I can provide a save to showcase the issue.

Mod list :

Bottleneck_0.10.4.zip
 deadlock-beltboxes-loaders_2.2.2.zip
 DeadlockResearchNotifications_1.0.0.zip
 DeadlocksStackingForPyanadon_0.1.14.zip
 even-distribution_0.3.13.zip
 ExportData_0.0.4.zip
 factoryplanner_0.17.54.zip
 FARL_3.1.15.zip
 LogisticTrainNetwork_1.11.2.zip
 LogisticTrainNetwork_1.11.3.zip
 LTN_Combinator_0.5.3.zip
 mod-list.json
 mod-settings.dat
 multi-product-recipe-details_0.17.3.zip
 Nanobots_3.1.0.zip
 OpteraLib_0.1.8.zip
 pycoalprocessing_1.4.8.zip
 pycoalprocessing_1.4.9.zip
 pyfusionenergy_1.5.0.zip
 pyfusionenergy_1.5.2.zip
 pyhightech_1.3.8.zip
 pyhightech_1.3.9.zip
 pyindustry_1.3.6.zip
 pyindustry_1.3.7.zip
 pypetroleumhandling_1.4.5.zip
 pypetroleumhandling_1.5.1.zip
 pyrawores_1.8.1.zip
 pyrawores_1.8.2.zip
 pyveganism_0.0.11.zip
 pyveganism_0.0.9.zip
 pyVegFix_0.17.1.zip
 Squeak Through_1.4.0.zip
 stdlib_1.3.0.zip
 underground-pipe-pack_0.17.5.zip
 VehicleSnap_1.17.3.zip
 what-is-it-really-used-for_1.4.4.zip

tiriscef
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tiriscef »

Altaric wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:44 am
Hello,
I have found a desync cause: deconstructing a fawogae farm causes a desync. by hand or with nanobot, both will eject you. Even admin deconstruction.
Admin deletion works (with decon planner in the "none" tab).
Note that We have the pY Vegan mod included which tampers with it by adding invisible beacons to boost their speed/productivity, but the botanical farm doesn't desync.

I can provide a save to showcase the issue.
Afaik none of the pymods do anything with the fawogae farms in control stage. So it's probably my mod that misbehaves.
Does this problem still occur after the 0.0.13 update?

mig5323
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by mig5323 »

The Ralesia Plantation Mark 02 shows as using 300 of the Mark 01 as an ingredient. I believe that this is probably more expensive than intended. Most other tier buildings use one of the previous tier as an ingredient.

otakushowboat
Inserter
Inserter

Post by otakushowboat »

mig5323 wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:03 am
The Ralesia Plantation Mark 02 shows as using 300 of the Mark 01 as an ingredient. I believe that this is probably more expensive than intended. Most other tier buildings use one of the previous tier as an ingredient.
That building is not currently available to craft. While some Mk2-4 biotic-based buildings exist in the code, the recipes to make them do not unlock at any tech level. They will be made available to build with Py Alien Life, which is still in development so the recipes for the buildings are subject to change.

Squelch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: pY Coal Processing - Discussion - A Request

Post by Squelch »

Hi Pyanodon Team,
An update to 1.5.0 was made yesterday (22 hrs ago) but I'm having trouble finding the rationale behind the change, or any discussion about the proposed change. The changelog is simple:

Version: 1.5.0
  Changes:
    - Small changes in science packs.
However, it is not a simple change, so one small change has rather broken my current game of 57 hours.

My science chain ceased operation when I went off exploring while the research queue completed. After some investigation, I found that Laboratory Instrument manufacture was the culprit, and is missing Circuit Board 1 from the recipe. Circuit Board 1 is a whole new chain that I was working up to, and had not made plans for in the Logistics Science manufacturing area that supplies the Science Park. Laboratory Instrument is a unique item, only used for Logistics Science, so is therefore made on location from the other generic supplies. This change has come as a shock to the system.

It would be most appreciated if you could add some more detail to changelog. I would have deferred the update if I'd known what the "Small change" to science had entailed. I hope you can understand that changes such as this that have gone uncommunicated can be rather disruptive to a playthrough?

All said, I do enjoy playing with the Pyanodon suite installed, and have spent many a happy hour planning and building. Please don't take my frustration as a complaint. I would merely like to see some more detail in the changelog, so I and a assume others, can make an informed choice on whether to update, and what impact the changes might have.

Thanks for a great Mod.

Crixomix
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Crixomix »

Yeah could you explain exactly what has changed? Trying to decide if u want to update as well. Is it mostly the same but involves circuits 1? Or lots of changes?

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

Crixomix wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:02 pm
Yeah could you explain exactly what has changed? Trying to decide if u want to update as well. Is it mostly the same but involves circuits 1? Or lots of changes?
sci 2 requires circ 1 now and science 3 requires nexelite now

shadowpho
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by shadowpho »

Sci3 requiring nexelite isn't a big deal... Nexelite is needed far earlier.

Sci2 needed more stuff is painful. Sci2 is used a lot....

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blokus »

At the same time this feels like it is confirming something that players should really learn in early game, which is to automate cable, handcraft circuits, and handfeed circuits to machines in your mall...and now in your science system as well. Automating circuit 1 early is basically a trap.

Also keep in mind here that it is 1 circuit 1 for 6 science packs. So it is not really significantly more expensive than before (whereas PH did make it significantly more expensive).

Crixomix
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Crixomix »

Does sci2 just require circ1 IN ADDITION? Or instead of something? Sci2 was already pretty expensive IMO and I would hope if adding circ1, something else would be reduced a bit to compensate.

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blokus »

Crixomix wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:13 pm
Does sci2 just require circ1 IN ADDITION? Or instead of something? Sci2 was already pretty expensive IMO and I would hope if adding circ1, something else would be reduced a bit to compensate.
In addition; 1 circuit1 per six, plus everything else it took before. If the rubber amount were reduced I wouldn't complain...

Crixomix
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Crixomix »

Blokus wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:38 pm
Crixomix wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:13 pm
In addition; 1 circuit1 per six, plus everything else it took before. If the rubber amount were reduced I wouldn't complain...
Oof. Yeah I mean I love me some Pyanodons but it truly is hard enough already. 1/6 of a Circ1 isn't too expensive but, in a way, it does ask us to make 16% more circuits (assuming you maybe automate 1 circuit per second and 1 green science per second).

So Pyanodon if you're listening, it would be super helpful to reduce the price a little to compensate for the 1/6 of a circuit it costs now.

Squelch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Squelch »

I'm at that point in the research tree where handcrafting circuits is going to be an all consuming task. The map I generated is based on a rail map, but modified to an almost archipelago for the extra challenge. Space, and route planning needs careful thought, and I had set up dedicated areas feeding the next. This change has caught me with low basic local resources, and no niobium in sight for 800 units to make the most efficient use of what I have. Specifically iron. I thought I'd be able to research my way out of this situation, and militarise sufficiently to break out too.

I'm faced with several choices:
  1. Stand and handcraft circuits in the hope of digging myself out.
  2. Abandon this game and start again.
  3. Revert the change for Laboratory Instruments to allow me to continue until I can support it.
The last feels like a cheat, but it may well be the only viable option at present given the surprise change. I can at least plan ahead for the other changes. I like challenges... but it seems I have bitten off more than I expected this game :)

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blokus »

Do keep in mind that py is still not actually balanced around enemies.

Squelch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Squelch »

Blokus wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:05 am
Do keep in mind that py is still not actually balanced around enemies.
That is very true and not forgotten. Thank you.

I have adjusted the evolution factors favourably, and given myself a healthily sized starting area - which would probably explain the lack of Niobium close by too.

I have decided to revert the Lab Inst recipe only in this instance.

Return to “PyMods”